Black Widow 🕷 (Marvel 07-09-21) Theatres and Di$ney+

thrILL!

6 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

My thoughts as I watch:

• I didn't realize that this takes place after Civil War. Too bad it wasn't released in 2017 between that and Infinity War when I cared more about the character.
  • Apparently Natasha is a super soldier? The hits and falls she took with no injury/consequence leaves no other explanation.
  • Only 45min or so in and this feels like a lesser Mission Impossible.
  • Many basic rules of writing/film making broken. Granted that's common, but not really that common in Marvel movies.
  • Where did Red Guardian get the suit from? Melina just had it waiting for him there?
  • The twist, if you'd call it that, wasn't really surprising to me. With what was said and then she's just laying there?
  • The smell of his pheromones.... Seriously? How in the world does that go with anything that has been setup already?
  • I did like the callback to her taking a beating as a means of interrogating someone.
  • David Harbour is probably the best thing about the movie.
  • I enjoyed the jokes about Natasha's posing, granted it was a tad overused.
  • Again, apparently everyone is a super soldier because they can land on the ground with a half open parachute from way up and immediately fight with zero pain/injury.
  • How did General Ross find her AND get to her, especially in Russia.
  • That end credits scene though.... Guessing Yelena will be a/the villain in the Hawkeye show later this year.
  • Taskmaster was incredibly disappointing and basically a throwaway villain. Absolutely hate what they did with the character. Huge miss.
  • Also, did I miss where they said Taskmaster was a super solider? Because the fight vs Red Guardian and other stuff leaves no other explanation.
  • It'll be interesting to see if they use the red vials later. Can it be used to break Wanda's spells or is it just for Widows mind control and never going to be mentioned again?

Overall, I wouldn't call it Dark World bad. But I'd probably put it a step above Captain Marvel, which isn't great and still bottom tier Marvel.

Such as? Genuinely curious.

Was watching an interview with Florence and Scarlett and apparently Florence was told she needed a pose for landing and she asked about Scarlett's pose and if it was realistic and the choreographer was like oh no, if any of the superhero poses were done in reality bones would be broken. So from then on Florence was making fun of the pose between takes and the writer overheard, thought it was hilarious, and wrote it into the script during production. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Was watching an interview with Florence and Scarlett and apparently Florence was told she needed a pose for landing and she asked about Scarlett's pose and if it was realistic and the choreographer was like oh no, if any of the superhero poses were done in reality bones would be broken. So from then on Florence was making fun of the pose between takes and the writer overheard, thought it was hilarious, and wrote it into the script during production. 

She stole the show in that movie.

• Like 2