College/NFL Comparisons

zappa13004

None can be 100% right. That's just a game, an idea of the style. Comment on mine and/or post yours.

JK Dobbins : Chris Carson
Tee Higgins : Mike Evans
Chase Young : Julius Peppers
Andrew Thomas : Tyron Smith
CeeDee Lamb : DeAndre Hopkins
Jalen Reagor : Mecole Hardman
AJ Epenesa : Joey Bosa
Yetur Gross-Matos : Marcus Davenport
Javon Kinlaw : DeForest Buckner
Jonathan Taylor : Nick Chubb
D'Andre Swift : Joe Mixon
Jerry Jeudy : Stefon Diggs
Jeffrey Okudah : Marlon Humphrey
Jedrick Wills : Mitchell Schwartz
Derrick Brown : Linval Joseph
Curtis Weaver : Whitney Mercilus
Tyler Biadasz : Ryan Kelly
Henry Ruggs : DeSean Jackson
Travis Etienne : Alvin Kamara
Justin Herbert : Matt Stafford

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

JK Dobbins : Chris Carson

I don't see this one at all. Dobbins is not a brute like Carson. He just has elite contact balance. Plus, Dobbins is 5x the athlete that Carson is.

Tee Higgins : Mike Evans

Don't see this one. Higgins isn't the same kind of physical WR that Evans is. Higgins is a little faster, but he doesn't play nearly as physical as Evans did/does.

Chase Young : Julius Peppers

Nice.

Andrew Thomas : Tyron Smith

Not bad. Tyron Smith is a once in a decade athlete at tackle though. Thomas is good, but not Tyron.

CeeDee Lamb : DeAndre Hopkins

Lamb is much more explosive and dynamic. Hopkins has much stronger hands and an elite catch radius.

Jalen Reagor : Mecole Hardman

Never saw him play.

AJ Epenesa : Joey Bosa

What? Epenesa couldn't bend the edge to save his life on an NFL OT. Bosa is significantly ahead of him in that regard.

Yetur Gross-Matos : Marcus Davenport

I need to watch more of Gross-Matos.

Javon Kinlaw : DeForest Buckner

I love Kinlaw. This isn't a bad one.

Jonathan Taylor : Nick Chubb

Chubb is more powerful and faster. I don't think Taylor ends up being special. Chubb is special.

D'Andre Swift : Joe Mixon

Mixon is more powerful. Swift is a blur.

Jerry Jeudy : Stefon Diggs

He runs great routes like Diggs, but he's so much physically bigger and stronger.

Jeffrey Okudah : Marlon Humphrey

Okudah isn't as physical, but I don't dislike the comp

Jedrick Wills : Mitchell Schwartz

Derrick Brown : Linval Joseph

Oh wow. He's way better than Linval Joseph IMO. Derrick Brown is an uberstud.

Curtis Weaver : Whitney Mercilus

Tyler Biadasz : Ryan Kelly

I think Biadasz is an Alex Mack type of C. Kelly isn't bad, but I think Biadasz is going to be even better.

Henry Ruggs : DeSean Jackson

DJax is faster. Ruggs is more refined, runs more routes, and has more size.

Travis Etienne : Alvin Kamara

Not bad. As runners they're similar. Kamara is a much more refined route runner.

Justin Herbert : Matt Stafford

I don't mind that comp. Stafford has a much stronger arm, but it's not a bad comparison. Herbert is a lot faster though. He's a legitimate threat as a runner.

• Like 1

Mike Evans is much stronger than Higgins, i know. In term of catch radius and big target, i thought that is not a bad comp'. Joe Mixon too is bigger than Swift but the way they can affect run and pass game, that's why i made that one. And i like the Epenesa/J.Bosa or the Taylor/Chubb comps. But of course, if i chose to post it, is to receive differents opinions so you welcome.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

I know Derrick Brown is better than Linval Joseph. Though Joseph is good. Tell me another comp' instead ? I thought for NFL players, Joseph was the closest comp. Maybe a mix of Hicks and Joseph.

I thought Derrick Brown looks to me like Shaun Rogers did at his peak. Rogers was always heavier, but just in terms of how they dominate both A-Gaps and rush the passer. Like a Shaun Rogers highlight tape is what Derrick Brown does in every game.

I do like the Akiem Hicks comparison. That seems fair too.  I just think Derrick Brown is on another level. He's my favorite DT prospect since Suh.

Edited by BleedTheClock
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

I thought Derrick Brown looks to me like Shaun Rogers did at his peak. Rogers was always heavier, but just in terms of how they dominate both A-Gaps and rush the passer. Like a Shaun Rogers highlight tape is what Derrick Brown does in every game.

I do like the Akiem Hicks comparison. That seems fair too.  I just think Derrick Brown is on another level. He's my favorite DT prospect since Suh.

That was my hesitation for Brown : Akiem Hicks or Linval Joseph but considering theirs positions and scheme (DT in a 43), i did opt for Joseph. Derrick Brown is such a monster ! We saw that once again during the Iron Bowl.

36 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

I know Derrick Brown is better than Linval Joseph. Though Joseph is good. Tell me another comp' instead ? I thought for NFL players, Joseph was the closest comp. Maybe a mix of Hicks and Joseph.

Joseph was a solid comp. Joseph isn't quite elite, but he might be the best of the non elite IDLs. Brown can be an elite version of that. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Mike Evans is much stronger than Higgins, i know. In term of catch radius and big target, i thought that is not a bad comp'. Joe Mixon too is bigger than Swift but the way they can affect run and pass game, that's why i made that one. And i like the Epenesa/J.Bosa or the Taylor/Chubb comps. But of course, if i chose to post it, is to receive differents opinions so you welcome.

I comp Epenesa to Justin Cowboy Smith

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I still feel like Dobbins is a lot more explosive.

My Dobbins comparison would be a prime Maurice Jones-Drew. But Dobbins is bigger and honestly, probably still faster.

During The Game they compared him to...Emmitt Smith. So, those comp' are more about the style than a projected NFL career but even if the match is nice in physical terms i can not make that one :D. MJD why not ?

1 hour ago, Nastradamus said:

I comp Epenesa to Justin Cowboy Smith

For now i see him as a 43DE with the abilities to slide inside on 3rd down. BUt sure he has a body type than could make him play more inside on regular basis. Do u see him as a 34DE like Smith was ?