Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
zappa13004

College/NFL Comparisons

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

For now i see him as a 43DE with the abilities to slide inside on 3rd down. BUt sure he has a body type than could make him play more inside on regular basis. Do u see him as a 34DE like Smith was ?

Smith spent a lot of his career playing over RTs, both in a 4-3 in Cincinatti and the 3-4 in SF. While he was dominant and a favorite of mine, he didn't excel at beating OTs around the edge, much like Epenesa. BUt his strength, multiplicity, technical skill and motor make me think Cowboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:
Quote

Yetur Gross-Matos : Marcus Davenport

I need to watch more of Gross-Matos.

Short version of Gross Matos.

Great potential. Doesn't has of high of a sack total as he might be able to because the coaches at Penn State often slide him inside and at other times will ask him to play contain rather than just letting him pass rush almost every down. He has good size, length, and speed and natural ability, however his technique and hand usage need to improve.

When he beats his pass blocker, it's usually off the first move, he isn't good at freeing himself up if that doesn't work (at this point in time). Pre snap reads and getting off of successful blocks are what he needs to work on the most. He'd be well off going somewhere that can fully develop his skills. He's versatile and talented, but somewhat raw. He needs to work smarter, not harder. Because that he won't be successful in the NFL unless he learns to do so.

Edited by Danger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RBs

Etienne  - bigger Kenyan Drake

Swift - DeAngelo Williams

Jonathan Taylor - stocky Marlon Mack

AJ Dillion - Derrick Henry

JK Dobbins - Carlos Hyde

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WRs 

Jeudy - Keenan Allen 

Ruggs - Tyreek

Aiyuk - Watkins 

Shenault - Tall Golden Tate

Higgins - Devante Parker 

Nico Collins - Allen Robinson 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

For now i see him as a 43DE with the abilities to slide inside on 3rd down. BUt sure he has a body type than could make him play more inside on regular basis. Do u see him as a 34DE like Smith was ?

You may not be this old, but Smith started out as a 43DE in Cincinnati.  He was actually undersized for the prototypical "2-gapping" (they weren't a traditional 2-gap scheme, but they also didn't run straight up 1-gap either) that the Niners were running under Tomsula and Fangio.  He was 267 coming out of Mizzou, which is lighter than what Epenesa is right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Danger said:

Short version of Gross Matos.

Great potential. Doesn't has of high of a sack total as he might be able to because the coaches at Penn State often slide him inside and at other times will ask him to play contain rather than just letting him pass rush almost every down. He has good size, length, and speed and natural ability, however his technique and hand usage need to improve.

When he beats his pass blocker, it's usually off the first move, he isn't good at freeing himself up if that doesn't work (at this point in time). Pre snap reads and getting off of successful blocks are what he needs to work on the most. He'd be well off going somewhere that can fully develop his skills. He's versatile and talented, but somewhat raw. He needs to work smarter, not harder. Because that he won't be successful in the NFL unless he learns to do so.

The comp I've been working with is Ziggy Ansah.  Not too different path to Gross Matos so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

JK Dobbins - Carlos Hyde

I think Master Teague falls more in line with Hyde.

I get more of an Emmitt Smith feel. 5'10, 215, break arm tackles, elite vision, good lateral movement, not a burner.
 

JMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a few:

 

AJ Epenesa = Jared Allen

Derrick Brown = Chris Jones (but could be Gerard Warren)

Javon Kinlaw = Trevor Pryce

Jalen Raegor = Tyreek Hill

Tua Tagovailoa = Steve Young

Curtis Weaver = Will Smith

Jabari Zuniga = Jabaal Sheard

Marvin Wilson = Akiem Hicks

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I think Master Teague falls more in line with Hyde.

I get more of an Emmitt Smith feel. 5'10, 215, break arm tackles, elite vision, good lateral movement, not a burner.
 

JMHO

Arian Foster?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Danger said:

Arian Foster?

I think he’s a touch faster and more of a homerun hitter but not a bad one. I think he’s a definite 1st round consideration kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think he’s a touch faster and more of a homerun hitter but not a bad one. I think he’s a definite 1st round consideration kid.

In most years I'd agree, but assume Etienne, Taylor, and Swift all declare, I don't think he gets taken before them. Talented RB class this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Danger said:

In most years I'd agree, but assume Etienne, Taylor, and Swift all declare, I don't think he gets taken before them. Talented RB class this year.

Taylor has a lot of mileage. It’ll be interesting to see how scouts view Swift too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Taylor has a lot of mileage. It’ll be interesting to see how scouts view Swift too.

I see Taylor like Dalvin Cook from a comparison standpoint. 

Mileage does matter especially when it comes to a runningback, but it's likely to be a team in the back half of the first round taking him who'll be in win now mode. Taylor will probably also make the most immediate impact of all the runningbacks in this class IMO. Saints or the 49ers seem like the best fit to me. Though Saints would look to grab a QB if a decent one falls to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WR

Jeudy - John Taylor

Tylan Wallace - Odell Beckham

Ruggs - T.Y. Hilton

DeVonta Smith - Robert Woods

Denzel Mims - Kenny Britt

Hamler - Hollywood Brown

Brandon Aiyuk - Roddy White

Shenault - Sammy Watkins

Justin Jefferson - DeVante Parker

Ceedee Lamb - skinny Allen Robinson

Reggie Roberson - T.Y. Hilton

Reagor - Emmanuel Sanders

Dazz Newsome - Stefon Diggs

Damonte Coxie - skinny Hines Ward

Tee Higgins - Marvin Jones

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

WR

Jeudy - John Taylor

Tylan Wallace - Odell Beckham

Ruggs - T.Y. Hilton

DeVonta Smith - Robert Woods

Denzel Mims - Kenny Britt

Hamler - Hollywood Brown

Brandon Aiyuk - Roddy White

Shenault - Sammy Watkins

Justin Jefferson - DeVante Parker

Ceedee Lamb - skinny Allen Robinson

Reggie Roberson - T.Y. Hilton

Reagor - Emmanuel Sanders

Dazz Newsome - Stefon Diggs

Damonte Coxie - skinny Hines Ward

Tee Higgins - Marvin Jones

 

Yuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×