Terrell Lewis = Danielle Hunter

Cesar Ruiz = Jonathan Cooper

Tee Higgins = Mike Williams?

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 8:52 PM, BrownLeader said:

WR

Jeudy - John Taylor

Thank you. That's the best comparison I've seen for Jeudy and the best comparison I saw in this thread.

I've been struggling for the Jeudy comparison. I knew it wasn't anyone recent. I knew it had to be someone extra smooth. But it also had to be someone who wasn't always as physical or assertive as you'd prefer, to the point he was often underestimated in that category.

It had to be someone who was a big play threat and a second-tier star as opposed to top of the league type.

John Taylor is perfect. Size is very comparable also

I just watched a ton of Saadhiq Charles. His good reminds me A LOT of Bahktiari. His inconsistency is a problem but when he’s good he shows top 5 NFL LT stuff, and he’s mastered that same “hug” technique that was used in GB Under Campen. He seems like a perfect fit in LAC who has Campen now. 

• Like 1

I was looking at Lance Zierlein's newly posted scouting reports. He has plenty of comparisons. In checking the quarterbacks the ones I liked the best was Justin Herbert to Carson Wentz, and for the reason Zierlein mentioned. He wrote that Herbert lacks touch, and that the weakness causes hesitation in short to midrange throws. Absolutely. It is the reason I always want quarterbacks who can very to any mph depending on the evolving needs of the play.

Carson Wentz looked relaxed in college but now he's turned into far too much of a line drive winger, someone who forces throws because he can't see the opportunity for the softball, or maybe he knows he can't throw that softball anyway. Baker Mayfield is another one who has resorted to far too many 1000 mph flails since the game has not been as easy for him as he expected. 

That is not a concern with Joe Burrow. He doesn't have the 1000 mph game anyway. Zierlein's comparison is Kurt Warner. Tua is rated high but the comparison seemed a bit conservative at Mark Brunell. Jake Fromm is Colt McCoy. Jalen Hurts is Tim Tebow. Ouch

And so forth. Click on "Analysis" at right:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/participants#

3 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

Carson Wentz looked relaxed in college but now he's turned into far too much of a line drive winger, someone who forces throws because he can't see the opportunity for the softball, or maybe he knows he can't throw that softball anyway. Baker Mayfield is another one who has resorted to far too many 1000 mph flails since the game has not been as easy for him as he expected. 

Carson doesn't really "force throws". I don't know what you're looking at.

Carson holds on to the ball too long looking for a better throw sometimes and it doesn't always work out. But he doesn't really put the ball in dangerous places.

I found it really interesting. Duke Manyweather said that even though Bdcton gets a lot of Trent Brown comparisons he’s not like him at all. He said he’s extremely similar to how Benardrick McKinney was. Makes a lot of sense to me. 

he threw out some other comparisons but not all of them are great. A lot of them were taking a lot into account personality and body type. Mentioned the following

Cam Clark - Terron Armstead

John Runyan- Zach Martin (this one seemed heavily mentality/personality based)

Josh Jones - Lane Johnson

All If them might be a little more ambitious, but I could see all of them from the perspective that he talked about them with. 

Some that have come to mind so far:

• Joe Burrow: Tom Brady
  • Tua: Russell Wilson
  • Jacob Eason: Carson Wentz
  • Jordan Love: Jameis Winston
  • Justin Herbert: Josh Allen
  • Clyde Edwards-Helaire: Ray Rice
  • Zach Moss: Mark Ingram
  • D'Andre Swift: Jerick McKinnon
  • Jerry Jeudy: Adam Theilen
  • Henry Ruggs: Brandin Cooks
  • Hunter Bryant: Evan Engram
  • Jevon Kinlaw: Fletcher Cox
  • Kenneth Murray: Jarrad Davis
  • Trevon Diggs: Byron Jones
Edited by Rich7sena

• 2 weeks later...

Joe Burrow - A more aggresive Alex Smith

High IQ, underated runner, Great anticipation, above average arm strength & will get the best out of his offence but i dont think he has the ability to carry a team on his back (i dont even mean that as a negative). 

Edited by EirePacker

25 minutes ago, EirePacker said:

Joe Burrow - A more aggresive Alex Smith

High IQ, underated runner, Great anticipation, above average arm strength & will get the best out of his offence but i dont think he has the ability to carry a team on his back (i dont even mean that as a negative). 

Why not? What traits does he lack that prevent him from being able to "carry a team" on his back?