College/NFL Comparisons

zappa13004

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Running routes and RAC? Stiff. Body control is fine, I agree. But he’s not sudden at all. 

Stiff sounds a little harsh. He can’t snap off his routes like the smaller guys, but for a 6’4, 216 lbs receiver he moves pretty well. Also, I don’t think that matters much, because that’s not how he wins. 

I’d say the body control is better than fine, it’s outstanding. I like him a lot. Plus he’s still only 20 and has some room to grow. If he times well enough at his pro day I have no problem with him being a late FRP.

On 3/4/2020 at 2:54 AM, Fullback said:

Edit: Went back and compared YGM's numbers to Chandler Jones. They are indeed identical. Vertical (34 - 35), broad jump (both 120), bench (20 - 22). Same height (6'5) and exactly same weight at the combine (266). Arm length as well (34 7/8 - 35 1/8). Hardly ever has a comparison been so smooth.

WTF....

I went back to compare their ages during the draft and..

Chandler Jones - 2012 Draft

Born: February 27, 1990

Yetur Gross-Matos - 2020 Draft

Born: February 26, 1998

Image result for swirl mind gif

• Like 4

17 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Running routes and RAC? Stiff. Body control is fine, I agree. But he’s not sudden at all. 

Contested catch, jump ball catches Higgins is great, it's why I've compared him to DeVante Parker usually. He's not really agile in open space though. Haven't watched his route running specifically but RAC he is definitely stiff.

12 hours ago, DreamKid said:

WTF....

I went back to compare their ages during the draft and..

I don't remember much about Chandler Jones coming out as a prospect. Reading some scouting reports side by side though

YGM has the edge (no pun intended) in: 

• Tackling
  • Run Defense
  • Initial Burst off the line

Jones had the edge in:

• Hand usage
  • Technique

They do have a lot of similarities though.

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

Contested catch, jump ball catches Higgins is great, it's why I've compared him to DeVante Parker usually. He's not really agile in open space though. Haven't watched his route running specifically but RAC he is definitely stiff.

In all fairness to Tee, they don’t ask him to run a whole lot of routes. I just don’t see the suddenness in his game to suggest he’d be good at it.