Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Target is 5 touchdowns against the Chiefs. Not impossible. Tough task though, as well. 

That's only 35 points and still probably won't be enough b/c the Chiefs can score a TD on every possession. I say the only way to win is if they injure Mahomes. 

Also why is RB Damien Williams looking like Marshal Faulk since he was traded from the Dolphins to the Chiefs lol!

2 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I think our D-Line will eat against the chiefs. 

That offensive line is really good and Mahomes has good maneuverability in the pocket. They simply don't give up sacks, so I wouldn't count on that. We could hurry him though, and that would be beneficial. 

The problem though is that their defense is so much better than people want to give them credit for. They actually allowed fewer points this year than we did. They don't have that top level gear that we have, but they are a very competent defense. 

I will say that the one thing with the Chiefs that I have seen in both the first two games of these playoffs is that they will make unforced errors on the field, so if we happen to play them and can get by Green Bay, then taking advantage of those sort of unforced errors would be key. 

38 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

In order to beat the Chiefs every offensive possession has to end in a TD. Any punt or FG attempt is equivalent of a turnover. The Niners defense will get schredded by Mahomes as he'll do whatever he wants as it's impossible to get a pass rush on him b/c he's so mobile and even if you cover his receivers he'll just run for first downs. Unless Jimmy has an out of body experience the Niners will be cooked should they advance. 

Our pass rush can get to Mahommes. No one on the Titans is close to our top 4 on the DL. He's mobile, but not more mobile than Russ Wilson, Kyler Murray and Lamar Jackson, and we've faced them all this season. We can get to Mahommes. Not on every play, but on key occasions, likely forcing them to punt a few times. If the Titans managed to make them punt 2-3 times, we can at least match that. 

I'm more worried about our secondary keeping up with the receivers than I am with the pass rush getting to Mahommes. 

And on offense... we can do it. We did it against the Saints. We didn't put 48 points on them by accident, or by Jimmy having an out of body experience. He just played well, and we had an aggressive game plan, because we knew 26 points wouldn't be enough. We move the ball when we need it. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rudyZ said:

Our pass rush can get to Mahommes. No one on the Titans is close to our top 4 on the DL. He's mobile, but not more mobile than Russ Wilson, Kyler Murray and Lamar Jackson, and we've faced them all this season. We can get to Mahommes. Not on every play, but on key occasions, likely forcing them to punt a few times. If the Titans managed to make them punt 2-3 times, we can at least match that. 

I'm more worried about our secondary keeping up with the receivers than I am with the pass rush getting to Mahommes. 

And on offense... we can do it. We did it against the Saints. We didn't put 48 points on them by accident, or by Jimmy having an out of body experience. He just played well, and we had an aggressive game plan, because we knew 26 points wouldn't be enough. We move the ball when we need it. 

EVERY BIT OF THIS THIS THIS

RIRWB.png,,&width=378&trim=true

• Like 2

So just bouncing around some ideas in my head about the receiver situation next year, and was looking at hte free agent receivers and some of their projected contract. For a couple of them, spotrac pretty much is in lock step with contracts that I had stated earlier. They had Manny with a 10m aav contract, 2 year deal. That's shorter than I had estimated (I figured around 3 years, 27-30 million based on Golden Tates prior deal), but pretty much in line. They also estimated a 12m/yr payday for Robbie Anderson, which was also in line with what I thought (based on Tyrell Williams previous contract). 

The interesting one was AJ Green. They estimated only a little over 9 million for his next contract. 

9 hours ago, Forge said:

So just bouncing around some ideas in my head about the receiver situation next year, and was looking at hte free agent receivers and some of their projected contract. For a couple of them, spotrac pretty much is in lock step with contracts that I had stated earlier. They had Manny with a 10m aav contract, 2 year deal. That's shorter than I had estimated (I figured around 3 years, 27-30 million based on Golden Tates prior deal), but pretty much in line. They also estimated a 12m/yr payday for Robbie Anderson, which was also in line with what I thought (based on Tyrell Williams previous contract). 

The interesting one was AJ Green. They estimated only a little over 9 million for his next contract. 

If we could get Green on a 1-year, prove-it deal at 9 or 10 mil. I'd be on board. 

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Well he is over 30+ yrs old and missed the entire yr. So even if fully healthy his price tag won't be too high. Absolutely would be on board with a 1 yr deal for him or 2 yr deal with player/team option for 2021.

I'm kinda crazy maybe, but I would rather pay Manny 10 mil for next year than 9 mil for Green, tbh. 

Just a better fit, and Manny already has the offense down pat. He looks like he's having a blast, even despite not getting many targets. 

Maybe I just have not watched enough Green over recent years. I know we have not targeted Manny much lately but that dude can ball too. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I'm kinda crazy maybe, but I would rather pay Manny 10 mil for next year than 9 mil for Green, tbh. 

Just a better fit, and Manny already has the offense down pat. He looks like he's having a blast, even despite not getting many targets. 

Maybe I just have not watched enough Green over recent years. I know we have not targeted Manny much lately but that dude can ball too. 

Green is still elite when he's healthy. But that's the thing..guy rarely seems healthy. Sanders is a better fit and he's one of the toughest players I've ever seen. I wouldn't have a problem with either, but I prefer the continuity with Sanders. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

Green is still elite when he's healthy. But that's the thing..guy rarely seems healthy. Sanders is a better fit and he's one of the toughest players I've ever seen. I wouldn't have a problem with either, but I prefer the continuity with Sanders. 

Yeah, the health is a really tricky thing with AJ. Unfortunate, because he really is damn good. I just found that market value for him very surprising, and a situation where he definitely becomes very intriguing at that point, especially given AJ is a year younger than Manny. 

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Not sure why they didn't draft a corner last year. Their secondary was bad and they did literally nothing to fix it and then were surprised their secondary was bad again lol 

It's almost like what we did at edge rusher last year, and what we all thought was happening at FS this year lolol 

• Like 1