Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

ESPN Rams reporter Lindsey Thiry believes the team could attempt to trade Todd Gurley this offseason.

Good luck. Gurley has four years left on his deal after inking a four-year, $57.5 million extension in July of 2018. The Rams would certainly like to have that one back. Gurley turns 25 before the season and carries a $17.25 million cap number with no real outs until 2021 at this time. In order to trade him, the Rams would likely have to sweeten the pot for the acquiring team with draft-pick compensation.

Between us and the rams, I think we are still in a better spot than they were when they lost the SB.

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said the team will only bring Kareem Hunt back if he can "follow the expectations" laid out.

Hunt is scheduled to be a restricted free agent. "It’s not good," Haslam said on Hunt's admission to police that the 24-year-old would "fail an NFL drug test" during a January 21 traffic stop. "Kareem knows he’s got to do better. [Kevin Stefanski] and [Andrew Berry] have talked to him about it and I’ll just leave it at that." Hunt skated by possession charges since he was handling less than a gram of marijuana when pulled over. Initially hand-picked in Kansas City and given a second chance off the streets by former Browns GM John Dorsey, Hunt's ties to Cleveland's new regime are basically nonexistent entering the new league year.

6 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

ESPN Rams reporter Lindsey Thiry believes the team could attempt to trade Todd Gurley this offseason.

Good luck. Gurley has four years left on his deal after inking a four-year, $57.5 million extension in July of 2018. The Rams would certainly like to have that one back. Gurley turns 25 before the season and carries a $17.25 million cap number with no real outs until 2021 at this time. In order to trade him, the Rams would likely have to sweeten the pot for the acquiring team with draft-pick compensation.

Between us and the rams, I think we are still in a better spot than they were when they lost the SB.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports "all options are on the table" between Todd Gurley and the Rams.

Meaning, Gurley could be cut or traded following his perplexing, seemingly injury-marred 2019. ESPN's Lindsey Thiry made a "bold prediction" on Wednesday that Gurley could be traded. Rapoport reports coach Sean McVay wants to "sit down with Gurley before any decision is made." Such a conversation is often a prelude to the team moving on, but as Rapsheet points out, cutting Gurley would be close to a non-starter because of the cap ramifications. The move would leave behind a staggering $25.6 million in dead money. A trade would be difficult but not impossible. Gurley is due a $7.55 million roster bonus in March. The Rams, who have leveraged their roster to the hilt in recent years, are in a tough salary cap position with no easy solutions.

5 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said the team will only bring Kareem Hunt back if he can "follow the expectations" laid out.

Hunt is scheduled to be a restricted free agent. "It’s not good," Haslam said on Hunt's admission to police that the 24-year-old would "fail an NFL drug test" during a January 21 traffic stop. "Kareem knows he’s got to do better. [Kevin Stefanski] and [Andrew Berry] have talked to him about it and I’ll just leave it at that." Hunt skated by possession charges since he was handling less than a gram of marijuana when pulled over. Initially hand-picked in Kansas City and given a second chance off the streets by former Browns GM John Dorsey, Hunt's ties to Cleveland's new regime are basically nonexistent entering the new league year.

I wanted us to get hunt so badly when he became available previously. Getting him now would be an absolute home run. He's not a bad guy at all and I think he could fit in here. He's an incredible receiver and amazing at breaking tackles. Would be an incredible 1/2 punch with mostert 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

I wanted us to get hunt so badly when he became available previously. Getting him now would be an absolute home run. He's not a bad guy at all and I think he could fit in here. He's an incredible receiver and amazing at breaking tackles. Would be an incredible 1/2 punch with mostert 

Dude got in trouble for hitting a woman, and most recently admitted he wouldn't pass a drug test when he was pulled over. 

"Home Run" is probably stretching it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Dude got in trouble for hitting a woman, and most recently admitted he wouldn't pass a drug test when he was pulled over. 

"Home Run" is probably stretching it. 

That's why it's a homerun, because he's going to be very cheap. Where else can you get a top 5 running back without spending a draft pick and pay him less than 1 million dollars? 

I think people forget how good hunt was or think it he was a product of the system. Dude is a baller 

EDIT I'm also taking about a 1 year deal. Very little downside but could potentially get us over the hump. 100% worth some questionable optics. 

He's not a bad guy, just has some issues. Everything we have heard makes me think he's a good teammate

Edited by N4L

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports "all options are on the table" between Todd Gurley and the Rams.

Meaning, Gurley could be cut or traded following his perplexing, seemingly injury-marred 2019. ESPN's Lindsey Thiry made a "bold prediction" on Wednesday that Gurley could be traded. Rapoport reports coach Sean McVay wants to "sit down with Gurley before any decision is made." Such a conversation is often a prelude to the team moving on, but as Rapsheet points out, cutting Gurley would be close to a non-starter because of the cap ramifications. The move would leave behind a staggering $25.6 million in dead money. A trade would be difficult but not impossible. Gurley is due a $7.55 million roster bonus in March. The Rams, who have leveraged their roster to the hilt in recent years, are in a tough salary cap position with no easy solutions.

It was written in the sky, once he signed that deal, with all sides knowing his knees were practically done. I quite enjoy the Rams being stuck with him for one more year. With Goff getting 36m and Donald counting for 25, they're screwed. And they have to pay Ramsey as well, and then Kupp soon. They have a great recipe for a middle of the pack kind of team, with elite talent (Donald and Ramsey) and overrated talent (Goff and Gurley) sucking up the cap space, leaving very little for the supporting cast. I know we're not in a great place, salary cap-wise, and we'll have to make some choices, but our ability to move forward without having to pay HBs can buy us some time (and players). Now we need to be able to do the same at other positions. We need guys on their rookie contracts producing at a high level, like Deebo, Warner, Greenlaw, etc. It's looking good in that regard. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, N4L said:

That's why it's a homerun, because he's going to be very cheap. Where else can you get a top 5 running back without spending a draft pick and pay him less than 1 million dollars? 

I think people forget how good hunt was or think it he was a product of the system. Dude is a baller 

EDIT I'm also taking about a 1 year deal. Very little downside but could potentially get us over the hump. 100% worth some questionable optics. 

He's not a bad guy, just has some issues. Everything we have heard makes me think he's a good teammate

You realize he recently got pulled over for drinking and smoking while driving, on top of all of his DV issues, right? RB's are a dime a dozen, why would you want to go get one that has extensive issues and potentially poison a locker room? We could draft one in the 6th round and probably get the same amount of value and production.