Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Meh, I'm not even sure how good Brady is at this point. He looked bad last year whenever I watched, and that was independent of his weapons. Could have just been a down season, get a better idea this year in Tampa whether he's washed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wonder how much is getting per year and the guaranteed portion of the deal. This is going to be the Saints last chance to win it. 

I’m curious as well. I’m not to torn up about it though, this just increases the chance we take a receiver in 1. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Yeah I expected it to be a 3 year deal at 10+ per year.

So did I. Golden Tate was the obvious comp here. I imagine the rookie class is hitting this free agent market a little hard. Saints exploiting the market well here. 

8 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

If we could get him for a year, 5 million or something, I'd be pretty happy with that. I think he'd fit in well, could slide in and out, and I think he's got a year of competence left in him. I thought that he has some issues, but most of the time, he's fine. 

Just now, Forge said:

If we could get him for a year, 5 million or something, I'd be pretty happy with that. I think he'd fit in well, could slide in and out, and I think he's got a year of competence left in him. I thought that he has some issues, but most of the time, he's fine. 

I want Griffen as well, but don't think 5M will get it done. Dude is coming off a good season, so looking for almost 10M a year. Wonder what Suh gets in this market? 

One of the things that work against us when bidding for free agents is the income tax and that state income tax is no longer deductible (can only claim 10k from research) from federal returns.  Now CA state income tax gets up to 13.3% so if we pay someone 10 mil, a texas or florida team can pay him 9 mil and he will walk home with more money taking that 9 mil.  Add into the the cost of living and whatnot.... I am glad we have a good atmosphere and coach otherwise it would be quite hard to coerce people to play for us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I want Griffen as well, but don't think 5M will get it done. Dude is coming off a good season, so looking for almost 10M a year. Wonder what Suh gets in this market? 

I doubt that it does  as well. Shelby Harris is the guy that I'm really looking at as someone we could get for something around that price tag. 

Suh's market has to be weak as all get out. He's toast as a pass rusher at this point, I think. Not sure he's the type that we want, but I'd take him as someone that could definitely help out the run, and I'd play DJ less at 1 tech and more at 3, I think.