Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

Suh's market has to be weak as all get out. He's toast as a pass rusher at this point, I think. Not sure he's the type that we want, but I'd take him as someone that could definitely help out the run, and I'd play DJ less at 1 tech and more at 3, I think. 

Pretty sure he played under Kocourek previously as well, so there is a connection there. Suh’s career has been very odd. 

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

Colts cut Desir. Definitely a guy I want to bring in, though even with the cut, he's probably out of our price range. 

I agree, if I remember correctly his price tag and/market was fairly low last year so maybe that’ll help keep his number low

This is a nice breakdown on Winston by Alex Rollins. 

BTW, I'm thinking of joining this guy's Patreon. Since he covered the 49ers exclusively last season, he has breakdowns of Kyle's plays, and what they are trying to accomplish. As if I don't have enough things I'm already invested in. :) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Reports on clowney are silly. Rumors on gen is that his desk will be two years, 27 million

Why would he take that deal? Better to take one year deal and hit market next season with a larger cap. Not sure if I believe those reports. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why would he take that deal? Better to take one year deal and hit market next season with a larger cap. Not sure if I believe those reports. 

Because he is worried about injury... Part of the reason he hasn't gotten a LTD in the range he wanted 

35 minutes ago, N4L said:

Because he is worried about injury... Part of the reason he hasn't gotten a LTD in the range he wanted 

But taking a two year isn't really anything. He could be in the same place he is next year and get that type of deal again. No need for him to take a two year deal if he's only getting 13-14M per year. Take a one year deal, prove he can stay healthy and cash out on a legitimate LTD next offseason. 

The Jets signed Desir to a one year deal. That sucks, I really, really would have liked to bring him in. 

that being said, there are still some competent corners out there, a couple of whom we are likely going to bring in on a very cheap prove it deal if we want to get some corner competition going. 

54 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Patriots quarterback situation is kind of dire. 

Hoyer / Kessler / Stidham, and they are unlikely to add another veteran because of money issues. 

Woof. 

Its not like their offense was any good last year. Stidham looked like he had some upside. They arent done adding QBs to their roster. 

I expect them to continue to add to their defense, especially their front

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

Its not like their offense was any good last year. Stidham looked like he had some upside. They arent done adding QBs to their roster. 

I expect them to continue to add to their defense, especially their front

11th in dvoa isn't bad.

Currently they don't have any money to be adding at all. Their cap situation is the same as ours. There are some options for them to create, but it's not appealing outside of cutting Sanu.

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

11th in dvoa isn't bad.

Currently they don't have any money to be adding at all. Their cap situation is the same as ours. There are some options for them to create, but it's not appealing outside of cutting Sanu.

They have 12 draft picks including 3 thirds. They have plenty of opportunities to add players. 

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

They have 12 draft picks including 3 thirds. They have plenty of opportunities to add players. 

They have one pick in rounds 1 and 2, and then 11 in the third round or later. Adding a bunch of guys taken in the third round or later isn't exactly going to be a boon to the immediate year, which is kind of the point I was making about their current quarterback situation being so bad. We had a ton of those type of picks during the Baalke years...wasn't exactly prime team building for us during those years.