Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Yeah I really don't get it either. I mean we were in on Suh so they must have some interest in adding another capable body there. But the lack of movement is really annoying me.

Suh can still impact the gm as a 16 gm starter. None of those other names people wanted were gonna have the impact on this DL. I always thought we were gonna add DT help in the draft after the trade. 

17 minutes ago, sherm said:

Suh can still impact the gm as a 16 gm starter. None of those other names people wanted were gonna have the impact on this DL. I always thought we were gonna add DT help in the draft after the trade. 

He's also far more if a run stopper at this point of his career as well, but can still wreck a run game completely. His pass rushing days are toast. So I wonder if that had something to do with it, or if it was just guys relationship with kocurek 

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

Aldon is back... One year deal with the  cowboys. Incredible that he got 4 million ... Have to assume it's minimum with incentives

Can't see much left in the tank in terms of football. That's a long time to be out of football and hit age 30 at a young man's position.

9 hours ago, sherm said:

Can't see much left in the tank in terms of football. That's a long time to be out of football and hit age 30 at a young man's position.

What's sad about this is that had he stayed on the right path, he's probably on his SECOND big contract....

35 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

What's sad about this is that had he stayed on the right path, he's probably on his SECOND big contract....

Dude was crushing it in his first few years. Sucks so much that he fell off the cliff. I'm ambivalent on his NFL return. Getting sick of all these alleged grown men getting second, third, etc chances. NFL should be zero tolerance on many infractions, imo.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Dude was crushing it in his first few years. Sucks so much that he fell off the cliff. I'm ambivalent on his NFL return. Getting sick of all these alleged grown men getting second, third, etc chances. NFL should be zero tolerance on many infractions, imo.

I tend to agree that all the second chances are not good. But there are true redemption stories. Just look at Ryan Leaf. The guy hit rock bottom, but now he's been sober for 8 years, I think, and honestly, I just love listening to him talk about the game, and talk about his past. He did way too late to have any chance to revive his career, but I do believe it's possible. But I don't think a 6 game suspension or a 1 year suspension is enough for these cases. The Josh Gordons of the world, that stay clean just long enough to be reinstated, just to be suspended again a month later. I think that 1 year suspensions should be replaced by indefinite suspensions, perhaps lifetime in many cases. If the realization that their career is over isn't enough to get serious and sober up, then nothing will be enough. Maybe it takes two years, maybe it takes five. In Aldon's case, maybe he's had enough time away from the spotlight, the fame and the money, that he truly managed to turn his life around. I have no idea if he has, but before the NFL allows him to come back, he should at least go through some kind of psychological evaluation. I know it's only the Cowboys that are taking the risk, and the league will hide behind that, but for the sake of the league's image, they should evaluate players with a troubled past themselves before allowing teams to sign them. I doubt it has been done, and that's a shame, really. I'm not saying that Aldon doesn't deserve a chance, just that I don't know that he's shown to deserve another chance.

• Like 2

Not rooting for him on the field. That will have nothing to with his mental health ten yrs from now. Don't see anyway football helps him stay sober. This seems more like hey I'm still young enough to still get an NFL check before they're done with me.