Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I was excited for the Pettis pick, but I would not have minded that trade at all: Josh Jackson for Dante Pettis? I think such a trade would have been great for all involved. Another chance for both players to start over.

We actually tried to make this exact trade in FFMD with the Packers. Honestly makes all the sense in the world at this point. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

If I remember correctly a lot of people were very high on him and wanted him on the Niners. I'd certainly be interested in that.

Does anyone actually what Jackson's issues were last season?

I could be wrong, but I thought it was a case of square peg, round hole: Jackson is more suited for zone and they use him for man coverage? That was my impression, correct or not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AustrianNiner said:

If I remember correctly a lot of people were very high on him and wanted him on the Niners. I'd certainly be interested in that.

Does anyone actually what Jackson's issues were last season?

I know that he just hasn't been good, but I don't know if it's a scheme issue or something. I thought the selections of him and Alexander in the same draft was peculiar to start with because I though Alexander was going to be super valuable as a man cover corner and Jackson would require a zone coverage scheme.  He's definitely in the dog house over there and hasn't endeared himself to the staff. 

I feel like most people understood when he was a prospect that he was going to be a zone corner if he didn't move to safety, and obviously he has great ball skills. His technique was a major issue for people at the time if I remember. Very awkward back pedal if I remember right, technically just a bit wonky. 

We'd be a good change of scenery place for him for sure. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I was excited for the Pettis pick, but I would not have minded that trade at all: Josh Jackson for Dante Pettis? I think such a trade would have been great for all involved. Another chance for both players to start over.

As much as I would like to see Pettis climb out of his hole and take a huge step in production, I was high on Josh Jackson when he was coming out and his contribution to our CB group would outweigh Pettis's role in the WR group IMO.

It's a no brainer because we obviously need a young/ talented CB at this point, considering we have added nothing to that group this off-season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, P_locniners said:

As much as I would like to see Pettis climb out of his hole and take a huge step in production, I was high on Josh Jackson when he was coming out and his contribution to our CB group would outweigh Pettis's role in the WR group IMO.

It's a no brainer because we obviously need a young/ talented CB at this point, considering we have added nothing to that group this off-season.

This is where I stand as well. I think its more likely that Jackson could make an impact on this team than Pettis at this point. There's a good chance that Pettis doesn't make the roster if he doesn't get it together. We have 7 receivers that I wouldn't be at all shocked make the roster before he does; Deebo / Aiyuk / Bourne / Hurd / Taylor / Benjamin / James. 

• Like 2

I think the trade would be good for both teams. If completed it’s kinda funny because if memory serves me correctly we jumped Greenbay to get Pettis because they were interested in drafting him. Ahh full circle completed once he’s traded (to Greenbay) lol 

23 hours ago, Forge said:

This is where I stand as well. I think its more likely that Jackson could make an impact on this team than Pettis (on theirs) at this point.

I think this is the problem with making it worthwhile for GB (in straight-up exchange fashion) ... :( 

Make us stronger and them not so much? they be like nah.