Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I haven't been following too closely, but isn't the focus largely on Baker now? 

According to a UGA site I frequent, this is going to be a similar situation to the Tyreek Hill thing last year. He hasn't spoken out yet but for the seriousness of the crimes the bail was set extremely low there is little chance of any kind of a conviction and from the way the lawyer sounded (I know its his job to defend the client) from Bakers side it sounded like it was a set up. 4 witnesses have recanted their testimony.

Edited by Ftn49
  • Like 1

On 2020-05-19 at 3:12 PM, Forge said:

Yeah, this flat out sucks for us. 

My opinion about assistants getting blocked from interviewing with other teams, is that often, these assistants are not even interested in the teams that want to interview with them, so they let the HC block them just so they don't look like jerks. It's the HC's job to look like a jerk. But when you know your situation is better served by remaining an assistant one more year and hope to get a better offer the following year, you let yourself be blocked. I'm sure any of these guys, if they knock on Kyle's door, and they tell him they'd really like to take that opportunity, Kyle is reasonable enough not to make one of his assistants unhappy by forcing them to stay. Then again, I feel like there's probably a code among coaches, a certain loyalty the get through their contracts. After all, if they become HC themselves some time down the road, they'd want to get the same courtesy from their assistants. So, will it change a whole lot? Personally, I think it won't. A few more assistants every year will leave for a coordinator job, but I don't think we'll be raided year in and year out to the point where it's impossible to maintain continuity. THe biggest challenge to our continuity will be replacing Saleh, if he gets a HC gig, but this rule change doesn't change that anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

not trying to start a political conversation at all (lets be honest, its no debate anymore) but drew brees just drove the knife through the heart of the saints playoff window imo

that lockerroom is now fractured and divided and its great to see as a 49er fan

as an American though? it shows how fractured and divided we are as a country

6 hours ago, N4L said:

not trying to start a political conversation at all (lets be honest, its no debate anymore) but drew brees just drove the knife through the heart of the saints playoff window imo

that lockerroom is now fractured and divided and its great to see as a 49er fan

as an American though? it shows how fractured and divided we are as a country

Eh, we will see. I tend to think that these things dissipate. These guys are professionals and I don't know that having an issue with his stance is going to crater their performance or anything. He's already apologized and people are already backpedaling. Brees made a poor decision reading the room with his own team though, that's for sure, but I think in the end, its whatever, especially for guys who have been teammates with him a while. 

It can certainly change their personal relationship moving forward, but I don't know that it's going to do anything their team as a whole. What's going to ruin their playoff window is Brees having to throw the ball in winter months not in a dome 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Eh, we will see. I tend to think that these things dissipate. These guys are professionals and I don't know that having an issue with his stance is going to crater their performance or anything. He's already apologized and people are already backpedaling. Brees made a poor decision reading the room with his own team though, that's for sure, but I think in the end, its whatever, especially for guys who have been teammates with him a while. 

It can certainly change their personal relationship moving forward, but I don't know that it's going to do anything their team as a whole. What's going to ruin their playoff window is Brees having to throw the ball in winter months not in a dome 

That apology was pretty weak and he didn't address the flag or anthem that he mentioned in his original statement.

But the players will eventually get over it or just find a way to deal with it. I don't think it ends the Saints season or anything and they should be good once again. More worrisome should be how Brees arm drops off in the postseason every year and how he's not the same QB as he is in the regular season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

“I’ve talked to multiple teams that have done the dance with Bus Cook, Clowney’s agent, and they’re tired of it,” reports Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports. “… Teams are done, they’re just done. Like, ‘All right, man. Whatever. You know what our stance is, you know what our numbers are. We’re moving on'”

In fact, according to Robinson, front offices around the league have reportedly sent a message to Clowney through his agent: Until he decides to accept that he isn’t worth the number he is seeking, no one will be calling him.

I feel like if I were the 49ers, I'd just jump in there and make an offer lol. What can it hurt? 

• Like 2

So 4 Cowboys/Texans players have tested positive for COVID-19, including Ezekiel Elliott. 

I'm assuming protocol for not just the NFL, but any sport, is to remove a confirmed positive case from the team, whether its a player, coach,  team doctor, equipment manager, etc. I can't imagine the NFL letting a player or coach or whoever with a positive COVID-19 test mingle in the locker room or team building, let alone be available on gameday. 

You saw it in UFC 249 last month - one of the fighters tested positive, so his fight was removed from the card. The rest went on as scheduled.

Simple enough if lets say 1-2 players test positive and need to be quarantined. Next man up. But it can get tricky really fast. What if the 7 of the 10 DB's on your roster test positive? How do you replace that many players? Or what if half of an entire team tests positive on Monday? Do the two teams who played the previous Sunday both quarantine for 14 days? Do their games get cancelled or re-scheduled? 

I'm sure the NFL is formulating a plan for all the above and more (and also looking at other sports leagues plan of attack and see what works/what doesn't). But it seems very complicated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm sure the NFL is formulating a plan for all the above and more (and also looking at other sports leagues plan of attack and see what works/what doesn't). But it seems very complicated.

I am rarely that guy to throw up his arms and bellow, "it's over!!! it's all over!!!!"

but this has for a short while now been feeling like the NFL 2020 season is listed as DOUBTFUL on the injury list. 

It was so very predictable... and avoidable... but people gonna people. So, I hope they all enjoyed their close quarters partying, rallying, and rioting. I hope it was worth it to them. Selfish, empowered jerks. May there be a 2021 season, if we make it that long to bother.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e479f79a64296277f6326

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

There is another report that indicates that there are a few teams in which Adams would welcome a trade and not require an extension right away. 

I would LOVE to see Adams rocking a Niner uni. That guy is a baller. Very slim chance it happens but man, it would be nice to see him in this defense. 

• Like 2