Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

14 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Someone had to take Goodwin’s spot haha. I would say Pettis earned it off of last years performance, but the book isn’t closed on him either. 

Yeah, when you go from highly thought of second rounder after a promising rookie season to legitimate questionable roster bubble guy in the span of only a year, that is where you end up. It really sucks too, because there was a lot to be excited about that first year. 

50 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Over/under $380 milli

Likely over....but also apparently tied to a percentage of the cap. Which is a brilliant way to get the contract done. So really just depends on what percentage of the cap they have negotiated. 

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Likely over....but also apparently tied to a percentage of the cap. Which is a brilliant way to get the contract done. So really just depends on what percentage of the cap they have negotiated. 

I actually have wondered in the past and have brought this up if this was possible or not. Would be the way to go with QBs where they are compensated appropriately and at the same time don't take TOO much of the team's cap space where they hurt elsewhere.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to do something similar with Kittle's extension.

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Interesting that it doesn't tie to the cap space. Wonder what year he has an out, or if he does have one.

But lawd is that A LOT of money. Again, good for him! 

It's really interesting from both perspectives. You can also only stretch things like signing bonuses for 5 years, so the back end of this deal doesn't have any real impact financially, but basically at that point allows both parties to renegotiate / restructure the deal. So Mahomes can convert his base salaries in years 6-10 to signing bonuses, get raises, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Besides, we had to create room for Jamal Adams, apparently. I guess those rumors still won't die lol. 

Because somehow Cohn got a gig at SI and he keeps saying the Niners will trade for Adams. HE is the one who won't let the rumors die lol. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Because somehow Cohn got a gig at SI and he keeps saying the Niners will trade for Adams. HE is the one who won't let the rumors die lol. 

It's hilarious. I go to the B/R stream and it's picked up everywhere. 

Now there are rumors that we have made calls for sure...i'm not sure if those are sourced to Cohn or not though.