Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

11 hours ago, John232 said:

Lenny is no choir boy, but if I was a player, I would have some serious reservations about signing with the Jags. This honestly comes off as incredibly petty by the Jags. 

I think he asked to be released after Yannick was traded 

That's pure speculation on my part, but that's what the timing tells me 

10 hours ago, John232 said:

The more I scout RB's for fantasy, the more I find myself gravitating towards guys who show exemplary contact balance as oppose to big strong go boom boom guys, who are really just getting an extra 3 or 4 yards before they fall down on occasion. Kamara, Mark Ingram, Barkley and Elliot don't really destroy people by going through them, they reduce their hit zone and just bounce of dudes. 

On that note. AJ Dillon is fascinating in this regard because when I watch him, I don't really see a guy who knocks the hell out of people, but he maintains really good balance through contact. Seems like that's how he uses his size. 

That's why I love Kareem hunt so much. The guy breaks more tackles than just about anyone. Why he went to Cleveland, I will never understand 

He will be a FA next year, and I would absolutely love to sign him. He may not be a perfect "scheme fit" but he's a top 5 runner, won't demand huge money, and won't cost a premium draft pick 

2 hours ago, N4L said:

I think he asked to be released after Yannick was traded 

That's pure speculation on my part, but that's what the timing tells me 

He asked to be out a while ago. I think they just decided to give up finding a trade partner

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Saints are opened to trading Kamara....

Not a shock. He wants money (he hasn't been practicing because of his contract, missed 3-4 straight, I think), and they have 250+ million committed in cap for next season in a year when the cap is expected to remain the same or drop and they have Ramcyzk and Lattimore as free agents (or on the fifth year option or whatever). They have probably 70+ million dollars to shed off their cap for next season....you can be in that situation and pay a running back top dollar. 

19 minutes ago, John232 said:

I mean, I know it might not be the smartest move, but I would legit cream my pants if we ended up with Kamara. Just straight up bleached white, crunchy. 

I don't even know where his market would be. We certainly couldn't do anything to get him. 

Maybe  Seattle could do it. The Jets certainly could. The Colts, though they just drafted Taylor so I'm not sure they would want to double dip that well. The Patriots would be a super interesting team, but there is a good chance that they finish in the bottom 10 this year in my opinion; they can't risk their first round pick on that. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't even know where his market would be. We certainly couldn't do anything to get him. 

Maybe  Seattle could do it. The Jets certainly could. The Colts, though they just drafted Taylor so I'm not sure they would want to double dip that well. The Patriots would be a super interesting team, but there is a good chance that they finish in the bottom 10 this year in my opinion; they can't risk their first round pick on that. 

Miami, Tampa and Redskins also make sense on some level too. Maybe not Washington because they're not in "win now" mode, but they have a gaping hole at RB, even with semi-touted youngsters. They also have the caproom..I just like that fit. 

I think the Saints manage to figure it out or Kamara just settles..but Shanny would do disgusting things with Kamara. We think Juice is OP in this scheme, Kamara would would just run a train on defenses. 

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

I think the Saints manage to figure it out or Kamara just settles..but Shanny would do disgusting things with Kamara. We think Juice is OP in this scheme, Kamara would would just run a train on defenses. 

I just don't know how they do. They seriously need to shed 70 million in cap space just to get even for next year, and thats before considering extensions due to Lattimore and Ramczyk. Signing Kamara to top 5 rb money would be egregious salary cap management at that point in my opinion. It would make sense if they are at peace with losing him after the year is over but deciding to keep him for the final super bowl run. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

I just don't know how they do. They seriously need to shed 70 million in cap space just to get even for next year, and thats before considering extensions due to Lattimore and Ramczyk. Signing Kamara to top 5 rb money would be egregious salary cap management at that point in my opinion. It would make sense if they are at peace with losing him after the year is over but deciding to keep him for the final super bowl run. 

Signing Taysom Hill to 21m dollars was egregious. 

• Like 2

The RB position as a whole is just not worth investing franchise player money into. Don't get me wrong...I think the CMC's and Saquon's of the world are arguably some of the most talented players in the entire league. But under no circumstances would I devote huge chunks of cash nor premium draft capital towards the position. CMC's ability as a pass-catcher makes him a unique case study but even then, not sure if I would do it.

History has proven countless times that you don't need even a above average RB to win, yet alone a elite one. 

I like Kamara but he and guys like Cook just aren't as valuable as they think they are. And soon they and their agents will see it for themselves.

Edited by 757-NINER