Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

19 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I’m just jealous u are in (or around) cali. I live in Texas (El Paso) right now and I thought because we were playing Arizona I would get the game. Nope! Getting the packers/Vikings instead 😑 and to think last weekend took a trip with the wife to Az (6 hr drive). I should have held off and did it this upcoming weekend. 

Do you have a VPN? You can "spoof" your location to be in Europe, then buy gamepass euro, and then you can watch live games that way 

I'm jealous of anywhere that you can go outside and breathe normally. I'm so tired of this smoke here in the bay area

14 minutes ago, N4L said:

Do you have a VPN? You can "spoof" your location to be in Europe, then buy gamepass euro, and then you can watch live games that way 

I'm jealous of anywhere that you can go outside and breathe normally. I'm so tired of this smoke here in the bay area

Yea, I have a VPN on my firestick/laptop. I have a couple of other sites that I go through to find the stream. A little bit delayed but that just means I have to stay off the forums.

10 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Football is back! 

I noticed KC has fans in their stadium, who makes the rule? I know we won’t and we will have the crowd noise only.  

Each state/county gets to decide to let fans in or not. 

I don't expect any fans in CA at all this year 

I just dont like the NFL having a golden child and it feels like rule enforcement is influenced by it.  Holding no calls going the chiefs way and now the texans cant execute.  The receiver who made the difference in the texans offense we see is now in our division... this sucks.

• Like 2

So I finally got around to looking into Deandre hopkins contract

There is conflicting stuff on sprotrac and over the cap, but from my understanding of what is being reported, the cardinals added on two years to his deal, and gave him 42m in guarantees. He already had a 3 year deal with no guaranteed money, so he is under contract for another 5. again, couldnt find any specific breakdown for the last two years of the deal so I am not sure what the actual figures are, so I am going to make an educated guess

from what I read, it was 54m in new money. 27m signing bonus and according to the article below the last year (year 5) is voidable. so if I am understanding this correctly, he got a 27m signing bonus, and then year 4 salary will be 27m NONguaranteed base salary, and the 5th year is voidable, meaning its not actually a 5 year contract, its a 4 year contract, which realistically he will get cut after the 3rd year because 27m is A LOT to pay a WR in base salary, not to mention he will cost an additional 5.5m against the cap in year 4 due to the prorated signing bonus. so 32.5m cap hit in year 4 if they keep him, or 11m in dead space if you cut him after 3 years, with 21m in savings.

I guess you can do that when you have a qb on a rookie deal but still... 32.5m is an absurd cap hit for a WR. 11m is palatable if you need to move on from him at that point. they could always extend him again before year 4 and push out that cap hit further but idk

42 million in guarantees with a 27 million signing bonus means that somewhere he has 15million in base salary guaranteed, so the cards could easily just be the cardinals guaranteeing some portion of years 21 or 22 (which are the two years he was already signed for) and not beyond that. which is there was no way he was going to get cut before then anyways, so that means absolutely nothing and was only intended to make him feel better about the deal

https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/news/deandre-hopkins-agrees-terms-contract-extension

I really dont think this was that great of a deal to where people should praise him for no agent. He did get 27m upfront for the 3 years he already had, and the cardinals were able to spread the cap hit out for an additional 2 years beyond that, while throw him a bone with nonguaranteed money in a ridiculous sum of 27 million dollars that will never be paid. Good for him for getting 27m up front, but the rest of this is just fluff. He is still only a cardinal for three more years, assuming my educated guess is moderately accurate, I just cant see a way that any team in their right mind would have a 32.5m cap hit for a WR like it would be in year 4 of this deal 

again, any agent would have told him that year 4 was fluff and that he would never see it. If agents speak out about it then in everyone else's eyes they are just salty he didnt have an agent lol he didnt have a ton of leverage and 27m signing bonus is a nice get by him, but the reported numbers look waaaaay better for him than they actually are... shame how much that happens in the NFL

to be fair, a lot of people didnt think sherman would see the last year of his deal either, but here we are

11 hours ago, burlow said:

I just dont like the NFL having a golden child and it feels like rule enforcement is influenced by it.  Holding no calls going the chiefs way and now the texans cant execute.  The receiver who made the difference in the texans offense we see is now in our division... this sucks.

It was rampant against us in the SB. Fisher was hugging Bosa often all game long in order to keep him from getting his Mahomie. Sure, we would have won if the O had been able to connect in the 4th quarter. But the Chiefs would never have had a comeback if the refs called those holds the way they should have. smh

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

It was rampant against us in the SB. Fisher was hugging Bosa often all game long in order to keep him from getting his Mahomie. Sure, we would have won if the O had been able to connect in the 4th quarter. But the Chiefs would never have had a comeback if the refs called those holds the way they should have. smh

This is why I struggle with giving a crap each new year.

Devil on my shoulder says "it's partially fixed anyway." 

Angel says "just pretend it isn't so you can have a sport to enjoy for a while."

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47m4ofbkoemk5i5v8byqj

• Like 1