Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, this wasn't about Wilson at the end. The offense actually failed to ice the game. The defense made a big play after getting destroyed up until that point. Did the same last year like three times. Of course Wilson has won his fair share of games that come down to the wire, but their defense regardless how trash it is will come through as well. 

Hmmm...shouldn't a defense not allow a game to balloon up in score and make the margin of error razor thin the first place? That Seahawks defense is still bad, especially the pass rush. Making a good play to ice the game at the end doesn't denote the other 50 to 60 plus snaps/3 quarters. It's only two games, but so far Seattle has given up 400 and 500 yards of offense against the Falcons/Patriots. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Hmmm...shouldn't a defense not allow a game to balloon up in score and make the margin of error razor thin the first place? That Seahawks defense is still bad, especially the pass rush. Making a good play to ice the game at the end doesn't denote the other 50 to 60 plus snaps/3 quarters. It's only two games, but so far Seattle has given up 400 and 500 yards of offense against the Falcons/Patriots. 

Their defense is definitely booty. But the deficiencies a legitimate top 5 QB can mask is astounding.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I'm referring to how they always seem to pull games out at the end. I literally mentioned how bad the defense is with them allowing over 800 passing yards to Ryan and Cam. But when it is money time, even their sorry defense will make a clutch stop. No different than last season either. They pulled a bunch of these games off where their defense needed to make a stop on the last possession. And of course, they pulled games off where Wilson led them to a last minute scoring drive. 

Our defense last season was dominant but super unclutch while the Seahawks were the opposite. 

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm referring to how they always seem to pull games out at the end. I literally mentioned how bad the defense is with them allowing over 800 passing yards to Ryan and Cam. But when it is money time, even their sorry defense will make a clutch stop. No different than last season either. They pulled a bunch of these games off where their defense needed to make a stop on the last possession. And of course, they pulled games off where Wilson led them to a last minute scoring drive. 

Our defense last season was dominant but super unclutch while the Seahawks were the opposite. 

Hunh? The 49ers won one of those games being super clutch, and took the other one down to the wire to force OT, and then almost a tie. 

Also, in the Packers playoff game they didn't stop Aaron Rodgers from icing the game in a similar circumstance. The Seahawks pulling out big stops in a score that balloons isn't a good defense, and if they are making razor thin stops late in the game to preserve victories, that isn't sustainable. The defense is at the point where if it gets any worse, Wilson's heroics won't matter much. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

8 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Hunh? The 49ers won one of those games being super clutch, and took the other one down to the wire to force OT, and then almost a tie. 

Also, in the Packers playoff game they didn't stop Aaron Rodgers from icing the game in a similar circumstance. The Seahawks pulling out big stops in a score that balloons isn't a good defense, and if they are making razor thin stops late in the game to preserve victories, that isn't sustainable. The defense is at the point where if it gets any worse, Wilson's heroics won't matter much. 

49ers did one of the few close games the Seahawks lost. They also didn't get Rodgers off the field when they needed to. All true, now in the other close games? They literally were like 9-1 in one possession games due to being so clutch on both sides of the ball. So many times they let the opposing team drive the ball in their territory but would come up with a stop. 

You're are trying to argue something else for some reason. 

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

49ers did one of the few close games the Seahawks lost. They also didn't get Rodgers off the field when they needed to. All true, now in the other close games? They literally were like 9-1 in one possession games due to being so clutch on both sides of the ball. So many times they let the opposing team drive the ball in their territory but would come up with a stop. 

You're are trying to argue something else for some reason. 

Errrm...nope. The argument has actually been pretty simple and consistent. I'm saying that isn't sustainable for a lackluster defense to play poo most of the game, and then decide to be great in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. A small sample size doesn't make it so. And they should be 9-2 since they lost to the Packers and 49ers at least in the final possession or whatever. Also a Greg Z razor margin missed kick doesn't mean the Seahawks were clutch. Russell Wilson is a bigger reason for why they are winning close games, but it's required him to pick up the slack for the defense. Switch him out and they would be getting blown out. He's having to play at nutty level just to match his defense's inefficiency. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Errrm...nope. The argument has actually been pretty simple and consistent. I'm saying that isn't sustainable for a lackluster defense to play poo most of the game, and then decide to be great in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. A small sample size doesn't make it so. And they should be 9-2 since they lost to the Packers and 49ers at least in the final possession or whatever. Also a Greg Z razor margin missed kick doesn't mean the Seahawks were clutch. Russell Wilson is a bigger reason for why they are winning close games, but it's required him to pick up the slack for the defense. Switch him out and they would be getting blown out. He's having to play at nutty level just to match his defense's inefficiency. 

Who the hell said Wilson wasn't the biggest reason for their success? Sure, 9-2 if counting postseason, 9-1 in regular season. 

Once again, you completely changed the argument. Now you are saying switch Wilson out and they aren't good. Well duh, but who argued against that. The point was how this team just finds ways to pull these types of games despite being so flawed defensively. They got fortunate with a missed FG last season but their defense also got THE one stop they needed. Got it again last night. They get the types of stops our defense constantly does not get. 

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who the hell said Wilson wasn't the biggest reason for their success? Sure, 9-2 if counting postseason, 9-1 in regular season. 

Once again, you completely changed the argument. Now you are saying switch Wilson out and they aren't good. Well duh, but who argued against that. The point was how this team just finds ways to pull these types of games despite being so flawed defensively. They got fortunate with a missed FG last season but their defense also got THE one stop they needed. Got it again last night. They get the types of stops our defense constantly does not get. 

No...you misunderstand J. That's why you feel like my argument has changed. I'm saying that about Wilson in addition to my main point which never wavered. That additional information about Wilson doesn't denote changing the argument. It supports the premise that the Seahawks defense is bad. You didn't have to argue against that for me to include the information in my own argument. :)

If you give a bad defense enough opportunities to stop an offense after getting worked, they will eventually make some stops, yes. Them coming at the end of the game isn't a hallmark, nor sustainable. A defense doesn't just decide to play better when time is about to expire. That doesn't make sense. Because logically if they could control their efficiency to that degree they would play better the majority of the contest. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

18 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

No...you misunderstand J. That's why you feel like my argument has changed. I'm saying that about Wilson in addition to my main point which never wavered. That additional information about Wilson doesn't denote changing the argument. It supports the premise that the Seahawks defense is bad. You didn't have to argue against that for me to include the information in my own argument. :)

If you give a bad defense enough opportunities to stop an offense after getting worked, they will eventually make some stops, yes. Them coming at the end of the game isn't a hallmark, nor sustainable. A defense doesn't just decide to play better when time is about to expire. That doesn't make sense. Because logically if they could control their efficiency to that degree they would play better the majority of the contest. 

That's what I was banking on coming into this season!!! Hope the defense will start crapping the bed on last possessions where they start losing some of these games. This team has a GREAT QB, damn good WRs and then a roster full of weaknesses. If they would just turn into a good one possession team instead of an all time great one possession team, they will have a significant drop off.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's what I was banking on coming into this season!!! Hope the defense will start crapping the bed on last possessions where they start losing some of these games. This team has a GREAT QB, damn good WRs and then a roster full of weaknesses. If they would just turn into a good one possession team instead of an all time great one possession team, they will have a significant drop off.

It still might happen though. It's only been two games. Regardless of how it shakes out, I can't see the Seahawks with that type of defense getting to the Super Bowl. I think the pendulum will swing back the other way eventually no matter how good the offense is, it won't be able to save them. Looking at them I'm already thinking 1981 Chargers/2003 Chiefs. Maybe Wilson will kick history in the face instead as I wouldn't put it past him. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

11 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

It still might happen though. It's only been two games. Regardless of how it shakes out, I can't see the Seahawks with that type of defense getting to the Super Bowl. I think the pendulum will swing back the other way eventually no matter how good the offense is, it won't be able to save them. Looking at them I'm already thinking 1981 Chargers/2003 Chiefs. Maybe Wilson will kick history in the face instead as I wouldn't put it past him. 

Yeah, going to be hard for them to get back to the SB but the NFC doesn't look that strong this season. The NFC East is terrible, Brees arm always falls apart late in the season, Brady hasn't looked great, Minnesota looks atrocious, GB still has a flawed roster, the Niners lost Bosa and have been hit hard with the injury bug and the NFC East needs to be abolished. So this may be the Seahawks best chance in a while to make a deep run at it. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, going to be hard for them to get back to the SB but the NFC doesn't look that strong this season. The NFC East is terrible, Brees arm always falls apart late in the season, Brady hasn't looked great, Minnesota looks atrocious, GB still has a flawed roster, the Niners lost Bosa and have been hit hard with the injury bug and the NFC East needs to be abolished. So this may be the Seahawks best chance in a while to make a deep run at it. 

The Rams and Cardinals look strong out the gate. Tampa Bay is a whatever team at this point. Green Bay looks strong to me with 40 points in two straight games. 

But it's September. The first month is usually trivial in terms of who will be in the final dance. I remember the Rams looked decent last year after starting 3-0. Didn't even make the playoffs. Especially now with no preseason, the league looks like a mess. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

18 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The Rams and Cardinals look strong out the gate. Tampa Bay is a whatever team at this point. Green Bay looks strong to me with 40 points in two straight games. 

But it's September. The first month is usually trivial in terms of who will be in the final dance. I remember the Rams looked decent last year after starting 3-0. Didn't even make the playoffs. Especially now with no preseason, the league looks like a mess. 

GB just got done playing two of the worst teams in the league. They have the same flaws as last season, don't get it twisted. They did nothing to address them. They are a good football team, but nothing to be scared of. Put it this way, they are not close to the dominant force we were last season, when healthy.

Rams and Cardinals look good, but the Seahawks should be able to compete with those two teams no problem. Though I am not completely sold on the Cardinals/Seahawks just yet. We shall see when as the season goes on.