Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's going to be a shoot out for sure. I wont be picking us though lol

It's pretty amazing that our defense has so many injuries and damn near the entire starting secondary out, and we are still clearly the superior unit lol.

The Vikings played the Seahawks very well and that is the blueprint. But our run game is going to be very good, and our 3rd down offense better be money. Because I don't see how this defense is able to slow down Wilson without any pass rush. It's one thing having the corners man up against the Rams and Patriots WRs, but manning up against Lockette and Metcalf? And putting our smaller corners against Metcalf? Eh, doesn't look good lol

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's pretty amazing that our defense has so many injuries and damn near the entire starting secondary out, and we are still clearly the superior unit lol.

The Vikings played the Seahawks very well and that is the blueprint. But our run game is going to be very good, and our 3rd down offense better be money. Because I don't see how this defense is able to slow down Wilson without any pass rush. It's one thing having the corners man up against the Rams and Patriots WRs, but manning up against Lockette and Metcalf? And putting our smaller corners against Metcalf? Eh, doesn't look good lol

Yeah, we seriously have to have the ball a lot. all. Of. The. Time. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If the Seahawks win a SB, what SB winner would be the most comparable? Like this great of an offense...but almost as equally as bad of a defense?

There isn't one to this extreme. Chiefs two years ago would have been the comp, I think

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But they had a pretty damn good pass rush. The Seahawks? None whatsoever lol.

Yeah, but they were a really bad defense nonetheless. It really is impossible to find a good comp I think...teams with bad defenses just don't win. They usually end up being the Saints from like 2015 & 2016. 

Seattle did not have a single QB hit tonight....

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, but they were a really bad defense nonetheless. It really is impossible to find a good comp I think...teams with bad defenses just don't win. They usually end up being the Saints from like 2015 & 2016. 

Seattle did not have a single QB hit tonight....

2011 Giants were 20th in DVOA. Closest I can remember. But even then, I remember they had some injuries during the middle of the season that really screwed over the defense. I can't remember exactly though. But yeah, they won it all. 

It's really hard for me to picture Seattle winning the Super Bowl. Maybe they can get there, but Russell would have to be flawless in like 3 maybe 4 straight. Too much to ask. There have been better offenses with just as bad if not worse defenses that couldn't get there. At the very least, history isn't on Seattle's side. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

2011 Giants were 20th in DVOA. Closest I can remember. But even then, I remember they had some injuries during the middle of the season that really screwed over the defense. I can't remember exactly though. But yeah, they won it all. 

It's really hard for me to picture Seattle winning the Super Bowl. Maybe they can get there, but Russell would have to be flawless in like 3 maybe 4 straight. Too much to ask. There have been better offenses with just as bad if not worse defenses that couldn't get there. At the very least, history isn't on Seattle's side. 

Oh man, that Giants defense sure turned it up in the playoffs, didn't they? Would never have imagined them being ranked that low but they really did have a pretty mediocre regular season. But then all they did was go on to beat the 15-1 Packers, 13-3 Niners and the 13-3 Patriots lol. They also beat a pretty decent Falcons team in the WC round I believe. 

Seahawks are stupid loaded offensively with arguably the best or top 3 QB in the game. That alone gets you to the playoffs and gives you a chance, but we have seen time and time again how those teams fair in the playoffs. They run into a team that is rock solid on both sides of the ball and they just can't get it going enough offensively to overcome their flaws. 

Bucs look like a match up nightmare to damn near everyone right now, but especially the Seahawks. They are loaded offensively and just as good defensively. Going to be hard for any time, including the Chiefs to beat them in January or February. 

9 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I think the Bears losing actually helps the 49ers. Packers I'm guessing win the division. Don't want anyone with a lock on any of the wildcards this early. 

My guess as of now 

NFCE - Eagles

NFCN - Packers

NFCS - Bucs

NFCW - Seahawks

WC contenders - Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Saints

Competitive but not playoff contenders - Bears, Panthers

Non contenders - WFT, Cowboys, Giants, Vikings, Lions, Falcons

Edited by 49ersfan