Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Someone please explain this to me. 

I can't remember where I saw/heard it, but I remember something earlier in the season about how they're not using Williams like he was being used at Alabama, which was more of the style we used with Buckner. I think they're using him more like a gap-stuffing DT. Also, the gun charges could also be a factor here. 

Edited by NinerNation21

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Jets as a organization are incompetent. All the explanation you need really 

That being said, I would looooooooooove to get Q.Williams here. He'd perfect for our scheme. I understand with Kinlaw already here, it would be a bit redundant but they could work well together on the field.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

The Jets as a organization are incompetent. All the explanation you need really 

That being said, I would looooooooooove to get Q.Williams here. He'd perfect for our scheme. I understand with Kinlaw already here, it would be a bit redundant but they could work well together on the field.

It just doesn't make sense even if they are in a rebuild. Like, don't you want this guy as one of the cornerstones? Not like he has a new deal coming up where you have to trade him or pay him 15M+ a year. By all accounts he has looked much better this season and he was one of the youngest players in the league last season. I'm just baffled at this. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It just doesn't make sense even if they are in a rebuild. Like, don't you want this guy as one of the cornerstones? Not like he has a new deal coming up where you have to trade him or pay him 15M+ a year. By all accounts he has looked much better this season and he was one of the youngest players in the league last season. I'm just baffled at this. 

Oh I definitely agree. But if Gase is gone and the GM is on shaky ground, I believe the thinking is to get as many premium picks they can so they can begin to draft for the next regime.

8 minutes ago, John232 said:

I would do a second for him without hesitation. Running an IDL rotation of Armstead, Kinlaw, Williams and Jones..my god...If those guys hi their potential we're looking at GOAT IDL.

Then we wouldn't re-sign Jones. 

But it's going to take a lot more than just one second rounder for William

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

In my alternate timeline that is totally not possible given the way things have gone, its fun to think about what this team would have looked like if we took wirfs, traded a third for yannick, then traded a 2nd for QW. 

We would have bosa, QW, DJJ, yannick/ford as well as our LT of the future on a rookie deal

8 minutes ago, John232 said:

I would do a second for him without hesitation. Running an IDL rotation of Armstead, Kinlaw, Williams and Jones..my god...If those guys hi their potential we're looking at GOAT IDL.

sounds great on paper but does nothing to solve our pass rush issues. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

ehhhh there was a report that the jets would consider a 2nd for him. 

You arent going to get great value putting his name out there in the media like this, but who knows? Minkah got a first so I would think there would be some team that is expected to draft in the 20s that would pull the trigger

1 minute ago, N4L said:

ehhhh there was a report that the jets would consider a 2nd for him. 

You arent going to get great value putting his name out there in the media like this, but who knows? Minkah got a first so I would think there would be some team that is expected to draft in the 20s that would pull the trigger

Nah, they are saying they will listen to offers but they have to be blown away to trade away Williams.

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

I figured. But..let a man madden dream...

Man, I was on the Williams>Bosa train. Trust me, I would love to get Williams lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John232 said:

I think was thinking more of a 2nd this year and a first in 2021. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Then we wouldn't re-sign Jones. 

I agree, see my reply above. And if you trade for Q Williams, there's no way Jones is coming back. I mean that's sort of the point. You have Bosa, Aiyuk, Kinlaw and Williams on rookie deals for the next 3 years to make a extended of SB run. Also allows you to focus on CBs and edge defenders for the next two drafts, as our D-Line would be set in stone for the foreseeable future.

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I said it in the NFL General trade rumors thread. I would throw a second to the Jets for Williams all day long. Sounded like Lynch really liked him; I think he was the only one who mentioned it was either Williams or Bosa, where guys like Saleh said it was Bosa or bust. I don't know how we would be able to make the money work and we just drafted Kinlaw, so I don't see it happening, but I would be all about that trade. I said during the draft that year that I thought there were two blue-chip prospects, those being Bosa and Williams. I think the Jets need some receivers and we've got our new Marquise Goodwin in Dante Pettis as the player we include in every trade. Send them our second, Pettis, & Kwon (not sure of the cap implications this year. We'd save around $6mil next year though if I'm looking at his contract right). 

We need to find another pass rusher. This team doesn't go anywhere without finding another guy who can get to the QB from the edge. Willis was a nice shot in the dark, but he's not an answer (at least not this year). With Detroit buying, Okwara is probably out. Do the Bengals part with Carl Lawson? Seems to me like they would just re-sign him. Do we dare put in the call to Dallas about Aldon? 

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

We need to find another pass rusher. This team doesn't go anywhere without finding another guy who can get to the QB from the edge. Willis was a nice shot in the dark, but he's not an answer (at least not this year). With Detroit buying, Okwara is probably out. Do the Bengals part with Carl Lawson? Seems to me like they would just re-sign him. Do we dare put in the call to Dallas about Aldon? 

At this point, I think we are just going to ride it out and pray we are in the race when Ford and/or Blair comes back 

It's a seller's market for edge rushers 

We don't have money, have lots of free agents and are short on draft picks. 

So with two guys hopefully coming back in 3 games, we are gonna just try and win with what we have ... for now