Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

We need to find another pass rusher. This team doesn't go anywhere without finding another guy who can get to the QB from the edge. Willis was a nice shot in the dark, but he's not an answer (at least not this year). With Detroit buying, Okwara is probably out. Do the Bengals part with Carl Lawson? Seems to me like they would just re-sign him. Do we dare put in the call to Dallas about Aldon? 

I think we’re probably just stuck with what we’ve got and hopefully Dee can come back and give us a boost late in the season to help us make a push. For some reason I don’t think this staff is going to trade any more draft picks unless they feel like they can be a contributor beyond this season; meaning I think they are done with rentals for a bit. I would mind bringing in Lawson if the price was right and we felt like we could keep him around beyond this year, but it’s like you said, why would they trade him? 

Also in regards to relying on Dee giving us a boost later in the season: that is all reliant upon him staying healthy.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29w8yaeh0c0iqooror82

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

At this point, I think we are just going to ride it out and pray we are in the race when Ford and/or Blair comes back 

It's a seller's market for edge rushers 

We don't have money, have lots of free agents and are short on draft picks. 

So with two guys hopefully coming back in 3 games, we are gonna just try and win with what we have ... for now 

Totally spaced on Blair, which is odd because I’ve always really liked him. I think we could have a decent DE rotation with Blair, Hyder, and Dee. Idk what to expect from Willis, he is an explosive athlete from what I remember when he was drafted, maybe he’ll surprise in this scheme. I think our D-Line will definitely be stronger as the season goes on with players coming back and Kinlaw’s continuing progression. Hopefully it won’t be too late by the time that happens.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Sounds like the Falcons are confident that they are going to be able to trade Takk. They are holding him out of Thursday night's game. 

Who would we have to move to be able to acquire Takk? I know cap space is an issue right now.

21 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Sounds like the Falcons are confident that they are going to be able to trade Takk. They are holding him out of Thursday night's game. 

He makes a ton of sense for us just from a perspective of being cheap from both a compensation standpoint and salary standpoint. We'd be responsible for roughly 750k or so in salary. He's not been very good, but we really need to figure something out and we aren't talking about giving up anything worthwhile so it makes a lot of sense to try and throw a dart at a dartboard. 

• Like 2

They won't ever do it, but tbh, if I were the niners, I'd totally see if the Steelers were interested in kwon to replace bush. 

*edit* 

eh, may not matter. even as a post June 1 trade, he may cost more to trade this year than keep on the roster. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

They won't ever do it, but tbh, if I were the niners, I'd totally see if the Steelers were interested in kwon to replace bush. 

*edit* 

eh, may not matter. even as a post June 1 trade, he may cost more to trade this year than keep on the roster. 

I actually thought about that too earlier in the week. But, with a $14 mil dead cap hit in 2020, it seems highly unlikely. Trading him in the offseason does seem like a possibility, though. We would gain $6 mil to the cap by doing so. 

My gut tells me that both Ford and Kwon will be with the 49ers in 2021, but they will 100% be gone after next season. Their contracts are much easier to shed in 2022.