Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't get why Niners fans are so enamored in him. I'm not saying he can't turn it around, but it's going to take some time. He's developed some bad habits and flat out looks broken. 

Now, we should add that this is the first game that the Jets have had their top three WRs. 

Because talent itself isn't a problem. He was arguably the best QB in that class and most people would have taken him first overall. He went to an awful team, with an awful coach. The thing is, he actually looked okay last year (especially if you discount the pats), but regressed badly this year so far it seems,  but hte team is possibly even worse. He's also on a rookie deal with no real salary, so you have the upside of a guy that easily could have been the #1 pick overall a few years ago with a very low salary and relatively cheap re-signing cost. 

Don't think that you can give up a day 2 pick though at this point. Cost has to be reasonable. 

I'd probably give up the same amount for him that I would for Minshew if you wanted me to be perfectly honest. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Because talent itself isn't a problem. He was arguably the best QB in that class and most people would have taken him first overall. He went to an awful team, with an awful coach. The thing is, he actually looked okay last year (especially if you discount the pats), but regressed badly this year so far it seems,  but hte team is possibly even worse. He's also on a rookie deal with no real salary, so you have the upside of a guy that easily could have been the #1 pick overall a few years ago with a very low salary and relatively cheap re-signing cost. 

Don't think that you can give up a day 2 pick though at this point. Cost has to be reasonable. 

I'd probably give up the same amount for him that I would for Minshew if you wanted me to be perfectly honest. 

I'm more so referring to fans who want Darnold as the starting QB in 2021. I'm sorry, but that is bat sh^t crazy. If you want to trade for this guy in hope to develop up? Okay, but he's simply not good right now.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm more so referring to fans who want Darnold as the starting QB in 2021. I'm sorry, but that is bat sh^t crazy. If you want to trade for this guy in hope to develop up? Okay, but he's simply not good right now.

I won't hate the decision if they make that move....in a money ball sense, I understand it. But he's not better than Jimmy. You're basically doing it to free up 25 million dollars...which isn't completely unreasonable, but is very very very risky. 

I'd give Shanny some credit though...that's a flat out, "my balls are bigger than your balls move" to do that LOL. It may be crazy arrogant...but damn, it would be hilarious. 

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think fans want a potential starter in the building, at a cheap rate. Competition will work the rest out in terms of being named the starter. I wouldn't expect Shanny to just hand him the keys. Nor would I expect him not to bring in another potential starter type. But getting out from under Gase can do wonders for your career, just ask Ryan Tannenhill. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

cc: 49ers: “I was hoping the 49ers would at least meet me in the middle. I definitely didn’t expect them to trade me. I poured my heart and soul into that organization…to go from 2-14 my first year to build a culture and get to a Super Bowl? You just don’t expect to be traded.”

Deforest on being traded... but rumor was we offered him 65 mill total? wouldn't that be meeting in the middle??

31 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

cc: 49ers: “I was hoping the 49ers would at least meet me in the middle. I definitely didn’t expect them to trade me. I poured my heart and soul into that organization…to go from 2-14 my first year to build a culture and get to a Super Bowl? You just don’t expect to be traded.”

Deforest on being traded... but rumor was we offered him 65 mill total? wouldn't that be meeting in the middle??

I wish we would have. DeFo is such an impactful player even if it doesn’t show up on the stat sheet.

• Like 1

Your most talented player should also be your hardest worker if you're lucky. That's what DeFo was. Long term, I understand the move. Especially if Kinlaw can stack healthy yeara together and get to build on a solid but unspectacular rookie year. But man, do I miss his passing rushing presence from that 3T position. Even when AA is rushing from the inside, he's not getting home...like at all.

3 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Your most talented player should also be your hardest worker if you're lucky. That's what DeFo was. Long term, I understand the move. Especially if Kinlaw can stack healthy yeara together and get to build on a solid but unspectacular rookie year. But man, do I miss his passing rushing presence from that 3T position. Even when AA is rushing from the inside, he's not getting home...like at all.

tbf AA did very well the first several games. I don't know if he is seeing more attention with all the other guys out or if his play has declined, just wanted to point out the defense as a whole has significantly declined. 

3 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

tbf AA did very well the first several games. I don't know if he is seeing more attention with all the other guys out or if his play has declined, just wanted to point out the defense as a whole has significantly declined. 

He's playing almost strictly from the edge. I believe all his sacks last season came from the inside. He's never getting double digit sacks again if I had to guess, and that's perfectly fine. If Bosa/Ford were healthy, he would have looked better. But he's still playing fine. 

• Like 2

Yeah, from what I've seen of AA he's still pretty easily the best lineman on a defensive front that is damaged but still effective in stopping the run..and honestly more effective rushing the pass than I thought they'd be. 

I was shocked by the Buck move, thought they'd just let AA walk, but it made a ton of sense when they did it and it was universally lauded by pundits and by guys I respect at least. 

Yeah, I have no doubt AA would look a lot better with Bosa on the line with him and even better with Dee playing as well, although I think we've seen the last of Dee Ford in scarlet and gold. I'm hoping we take an edge fairly high this year so we can move Armstead back into the role he excelled at and we don't have to rely on Bosa coming off an ACL. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

He's definitely seeing more attention from offenses, no doubt about it. BUT there are times where's he's been one-on-one, as the 3T and just hasn't gotten it done. Last year he would just overwhelm O-Lineman in those situations. This year for whatever reason, he hasn't taken advantage of those opportunities though they have come far less frequent. He's definitely suffering from the lack of talent around him. But there have also been a few instances where I've questioned his motor also. I think his snap count is up per game also so fatigue may be a factor there as well.

Just out of curiosity, why is there a cap penalty when a player retires from the NFL? I understand if you cut said player or trade them, but having to eat dead cap space because a player retires is kind of lame IMO. I bring this up because I think we've got dead money still on our cap from Joe Staley retiring, and there is an outside chance that Dee just hangs them up after his health the last few seasons (no source or anything, just something I could see as a possibility). I definitely think the team should be responsible for paying them their guaranteed money, but I don't think they should be penalized due to a player retiring. Seems like a broken system to me.  

6 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Just out of curiosity, why is there a cap penalty when a player retires from the NFL? I understand if you cut said player or trade them, but having to eat dead cap space because a player retires is kind of lame IMO. I bring this up because I think we've got dead money still on our cap from Joe Staley retiring, and there is an outside chance that Dee just hangs them up after his health the last few seasons (no source or anything, just something I could see as a possibility). I definitely think the team should be responsible for paying them their guaranteed money, but I don't think they should be penalized due to a player retiring. Seems like a broken system to me.  

You can get this back...if the team chooses to. The only dead money that hits is the money already paid (signing bonus) and it gets expedited to that year. However, the team can actually go to the player and get some of that back which will be then added back to the cap as an adjustment once it has been completed. Obviously teams very rarely go after the signing bonuses back. However, if a player retires, they forfeit any money that hasn't been paid out yet, even if it's guaranteed ( if Dee Ford's 2021 salary were guaranteed, and he retired after this season, we would not have a dead money hit from that guaranteed base, nor would he receive that money, however the money we already paid, the signing bonus and restructured bonus, would accelerate and hit us next season, which is the same as if we had cut him).