Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

2 hours ago, StevenK said:

I still remember (if correctly) we were linked as one of teams for AJ Brown. I was so excited, but we got Deebo - who I like but his injuries have been concerning. 

I took AJ Brown in our shadow draft. Deebo’s injuries were a big concern for me.

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

I took deebo while admitting that Brown was ranked higher on my list lol. I need to stop doing that.

I’ve definitely taken players that were rated lower than others on the board based on needs. If I would have just drafted BPA my drafts would look a lot better. I’ve also had problems drafting past the first round as the draft happens on the weekend and I get “distracted”. Ex. I loved DJ Chark, but I took Isaiah Oliver based on our need at CB. 

5 hours ago, StevenK said:

I’ll definitely eat my crow because I was TOTALLY wrong about Metcalf. I thought he was just a H-W-S kinda guy. Definitely wrong, but then again I wanted AJ Brown out of the two from Ole Miss, so either way I would have been ok lol

I still want AJ Brown, but yeah Metcalf has been the healthy one so far compared to Brown/Samus. So I guess he wins. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, John232 said:

Brown and Metcalf are incredible, but Deebo is great too. I don't think we should really be too envious. I will say, my one big reason for disliking Deebo was health. I went with Brown iirc. 

I mean they're all great finds. But Metcalf I really misjudged. I thought he was very stiff and would struggle getting separation on those shorter, intermediate routes. But he's so big and his route running is good enough that he just has to basically boxout the CB and the ball is his. 

It also helps he went to a scheme that's not asking him to do a varied route tree anyway. But his route running does look more precise than I had anticipated.

But Deebo is probably the best fit for what Kyle likes to do with the the end-arounds and jet sweep type of gadget plays. Brown maybe could do some of that but no way Metcalf is utilized in that same way if he were here.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I mean they're all great finds. But Metcalf I really misjudged. I thought he was very stiff and would struggle getting separation on those shorter, intermediate routes. But he's so big and his route running is good enough that he just has to basically boxout the CB and the ball is his. 

It also helps he went to a scheme that's not asking him to do a varied route tree anyway. But his route running does look more precise than I had anticipated.

But Deebo is probably the best fit for what Kyle likes to do with the the end-arounds and jet sweep type of gadget plays. Brown maybe could do some of that but no way Metcalf is utilized in that same way if he were here.  

Yeah, I think Kyle saw that Metcalf would not be utilized particularly well here with Jimmy. Deebo is a much better fit for the reasons you stated, but also his ability to work shallow and intermediate routes. 

7 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

For sure. DK would be wasted here

13 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

He isnt as stiff as he looked in school that's for sure. 

He seems to be the kind of meathead that would only power lift and run sprints because he wants to look buff and win races  

So I wonder if he ever actually practiced running routes etc before getting to the nfl. You would think he would, but he was soooo stiff it honestly looked like he never did cone drills lol

Pedhawks probably have him doing resistance training and doing all sorts of footwork drills. He has improved a lot there, but people respect the deep speed so much and never drop anyone underneath him so he gets 15 yard easy catches all of the time. 

I have been watching him closely. While he's a better route runner than I thought he would be, he still benefits immensely from being with Wilson. As in, literally anywhere else he would not be this media sensation 

He's extremely over rated right now imo. He's already come back down to earth. I think teams are starting to figure him out. I mean, his touchdown catch on Thursday was a Wilson scramble broken play. People act like he did something amazing there but that was 95% Wilson to me. Avoids the rush by starting to roll to his right then sprints towards the LOS when there was a DE playing contain, then stops right before the LOS and throws a dime into the end zone. That's Wilson being a magician, not Metcalf doing anything other than running a 5-6s route. Other than that 25 yard catch on the first drive, he had 2 catches for 21 yards lol Yet people act like he's the reason they won. I'm so tired of it lol 

5 hours ago, N4L said:

He isnt as stiff as he looked in school that's for sure. 

He seems to be the kind of meathead that would only power lift and run sprints because he wants to look buff and win races  

So I wonder if he ever actually practiced running routes etc before getting to the nfl. You would think he would, but he was soooo stiff it honestly looked like he never did cone drills lol

Pedhawks probably have him doing resistance training and doing all sorts of footwork drills. He has improved a lot there, but people respect the deep speed so much and never drop anyone underneath him so he gets 15 yard easy catches all of the time. 

I have been watching him closely. While he's a better route runner than I thought he would be, he still benefits immensely from being with Wilson. As in, literally anywhere else he would not be this media sensation 

He's extremely over rated right now imo. He's already come back down to earth. I think teams are starting to figure him out. I mean, his touchdown catch on Thursday was a Wilson scramble broken play. People act like he did something amazing there but that was 95% Wilson to me. Avoids the rush by starting to roll to his right then sprints towards the LOS when there was a DE playing contain, then stops right before the LOS and throws a dime into the end zone. That's Wilson being a magician, not Metcalf doing anything other than running a 5-6s route. Other than that 25 yard catch on the first drive, he had 2 catches for 21 yards lol Yet people act like he's the reason they won. I'm so tired of it lol 

But you have to give him his due too. Like that stutter and go against PP that got reversed becsuse of a holding call. I didn't think he was capable of that type of footwork. Now PP isnt the same CB he used to be but normally it would take a very skilled route technician to make him look silly like that. Those are the kinds of nuanced things that I didn't expect from him. Sure he's getting the media love suddenly because of his physical stature/ability and his rundown of Baker. But kid is just getting started and is flashing big time ability. And it absolutely sucks we'll have to deal with him twice a year for the foreseeable future.

Edited by 757-NINER