Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Warner has had bad games too

But on an average basis Warner has played better than Leonard this season, and even in his bad games he still makes plays. Leonard has been completely invisible. This is in response to Leonard saying Rodger's comments about Warner being the best were a slap to the face. 

29 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

But on an average basis Warner has played better than Leonard this season, and even in his bad games he still makes plays. Leonard has been completely invisible. This is in response to Leonard saying Rodger's comments about Warner being the best were a slap to the face. 

He's also been hurt this year but mostly, they have been pretty comparable. Leonard has been fine when playing this year. They are different type of players too. Warner is better in coverage, Leonard has historically been a better pass rusher and he's a much better tackler, though Warner has made huge strides there this year , and a bigger playmaker. 

I do to think Warner has been better this year, but it's not a huge chasm, and a little more than half a season wouldn't drastically alter the way I felt about them coming into the season. I just think that it's a naturally flowing thing when you labeling guys like that. It's an organic growth. It always just strikes me as weird when someone indicates that there was one specific game, or one specific play that settles a question on who is better between two players. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's also been hurt this year but mostly, they have been pretty comparable. Leonard has been fine when playing this year. They are different type of players too. Warner is better in coverage, Leonard has historically been a better pass rusher and he's a much better tackler, though Warner has made huge strides there this year , and a bigger playmaker. 

I do to think Warner has been better this year, but it's not a huge chasm, and a little more than half a season wouldn't drastically alter the way I felt about them coming into the season. I just think that it's a naturally flowing thing when you labeling guys like that. It's an organic growth. It always just strikes me as weird when someone indicates that there was one specific game, or one specific play that settles a question on who is better between two players. 

Yeah that's true. There are metrics that consider a player's value per play on average, like with PFF's WAR and DVOA. And I do think Warner is better in that regard. Agreed on them being different players and different styles. 

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

They're very comparable production-wise this year. For a guy who had questions about his ability to play in the box and being labeled as strictly a weakside LB, Warner has definitely overachieved and outplayed his draft number. Leonard too if we're being honest, even though he was a 2nd rounder.  

My thing with Leonard is I'm not sure he'd have the same type of impact in this scheme. There's alot that's asked of Warner from man coverage and a zone flat perspective that I'm not sure Leonard could thrive in. Not to mention that in the run game, because of the Wide 9, Warner has to be almost perfect with his run fits and backside recognition...and he is a majority of the time.  

I don't care if Leonard played the WORST game ever, no one game would ever determine who is better between Leonard and Warner. Rodgers has had three or four HORRENDOUS games the last few years and no one questions his standing in the game. 

Warner actually has been great rushing the passer this year and I think he has the most QB hits from any LB or at least in the top 3. Some have been untouched but a lot of LBs get those, same with Leonard today. Warner still isn't a great run defender though and can get eaten up a bit easier than you would like from a stud LB. That's what separates Bowman and Willis from Warner. He's not at that level just yet. But you just cannot put a value on just how great of a coverage backer he is in a passing league. Dude is amazing but if we're talking about the best, give me Lavante David over both of these guys. He's put in the work and is equally as good in coverage or at least close to Warner in that regard while being a better run stopper. It should be noted, Warner is pretty light and lighter than the guys mentioned so it makes some sense in why they have been historically better tacklers and run stoppers than him. As @Forge mentioned though, he's improved his tackling this year big time.

If Foster would have stayed out of trouble and healthy, this duo could have eventually been close to as dominant as Willis/Bowman. Would be by far the best in the league. Too bad. 

• Like 2