Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I know that they are optimistic that he can be ready to go at the start of next year, but that sounds like a tough ask if that's legit additional structural damage. 

They should play it safe, bring in a vet placeholder like a Winston and just shelve him for the entire season next year. You finally found a franchise guy, dont **** around and mess this up...

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Fire patricia, trade us Stafford for a 2022 first

There's so many possibilities.. Do we trade for a vet like Ryan or Stafford? Do we keep Jimmy and go for a reclamation project like Darnold to as insurance? Do we make a big trade up for a top QB? Do we sit wherever we are and "reach" for a project QB? We could have the same record as 5-6 different teams, does that push our pick higher or lower? etc 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Fire patricia, trade us Stafford for a 2022 first

Career loser, give me Watson! Big big mistake not trading for him when BOB was there. Maybe both our 2020 1st rounders plus 2021 1st would have gotten it done. It shouldn't have but who knows with how inept he is. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Career loser, give me Watson! Big big mistake not trading for him when BOB was there. Maybe both our 2020 1st rounders plus 2021 1st would have gotten it done. It shouldn't have but who knows with how inept he is. 

Watson isn't going to be available... Stafford theoretically could be i guess?

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Watson isn't going to be available... Stafford theoretically could be i guess?

Who knows but they probably clean house so I could see him being available. I don't know how his contract looks or how much dead money there will be but if they are starting fresh, they could take a hit for one season if they get good enough compensation. 

I don't think Watson was available either, but I would have contacted Houston just to make sure. Give them an offer of those three 1st rounders to see what they would have done. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who knows but they probably clean house so I could see him being available. I don't know how his contract looks or how much dead money there will be but if they are starting fresh, they could take a hit for one season if they get good enough compensation. 

I don't think Watson was available either, but I would have contacted Houston just to make sure. Give them an offer of those three 1st rounders to see what they would have done. 

19 mil in dead money, but they save 14. Problem is, they have no replacement and probably won't draft one, so makes it awkward. 

He's slightly cheaper for us than Jimmy over the next two years

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

19 mil in dead money, but they save 14. Problem is, they have no replacement and probably won't draft one, so makes it awkward. 

He's slightly cheaper for us than Jimmy over the next two years

I mean if they are starting over then that's fine. Get a stop gap QB for a season and then address the QB position in 2022. In your hypothetical where they get a 2022 1st rounder, they would have two giving them a chance to trade up for one if necessary. I mean they are going to be awful regardless so they may not even need to do that. 

Stafford certainly has the arm that Shanahan would love and has always been a solid/good QB but he's a bit inconsistent and throws some bad INTs at times. Wouldn't be opposed to the trade/move, but wouldn't be overly excited either. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean if they are starting over then that's fine. Get a stop gap QB for a season and then address the QB position in 2022. In your hypothetical where they get a 2022 1st rounder, they would have two giving them a chance to trade up for one if necessary. I mean they are going to be awful regardless so they may not even need to do that. 

Stafford certainly has the arm that Shanahan would love and has always been a solid/good QB but he's a bit inconsistent and throws some bad INTs at times. Wouldn't be opposed to the trade/move, but wouldn't be overly excited either. 

It's a weird spot with Stafford. Better than Jimmy, but what's the net gain when input into shanny's system is a legit question. Whether that gain is worth a first, even a future one we would project to be super late in the round is certainly fair.

It'd be nice to be able to use the entire field lol, but is Stafford that guy who can win? He hasn't been, but he's also been on a team that has fully embraced the mediocrity... So you can look at the team, but at the same time, the sample size of Stafford's independent failures isn't exactly small. 

Best case for me is still first round qb

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's a weird spot with Stafford. Better than Jimmy, but what's the net gain when input into shanny's system is a legit question. Whether that gain is worth a first, even a future one we would project to be super late in the round is certainly fair.

It'd be nice to be able to use the entire field lol, but is Stafford that guy who can win? He hasn't been, but he's also been on a team that has fully embraced the mediocrity... So you can look at the team, but at the same time, the sample size of Stafford's independent failures isn't exactly small. 

Best case for me is still first round qb

Stafford hasn't had the best of teams but his weapons on the outside have always been awesome. He's had some really nice comebacks but you just can't ignore his INTs and especially when he throws them. Some QBs just win and he doesn't. Look at Watson for example. His team is pretty terrible and have been flawed since he's arrived in the league but how has that "it" factor. Will still win 7 or 8 games in a down year for the team. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Stafford hasn't had the best of teams but his weapons on the outside have always been awesome. He's had some really nice comebacks but you just can't ignore his INTs and especially when he throws them. Some QBs just win and he doesn't. Look at Watson for example. His team is pretty terrible and have been flawed since he's arrived in the league but how has that "it" factor. Will still win 7 or 8 games in a down year for the team. 

The Stafford injuries bother me more than his play, tbh 

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

Pfff... all this QB talk. We all KNOW who Kyle is really bringing in to win us a SB next season. 

fe1.gif

N4l and I discussed this. If we draft a guy to start next year, I'm 120% in on bringing Smith in to be a backup and fill in. Great guy, clearly has the mental acumen of a coach. Would love to have him back in that capacity

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

N4l and I discussed this. If we draft a guy to start next year, I'm 120% in on bringing Smith in to be a backup and fill in. Great guy, clearly has the mental acumen of a coach. Would love to have him back in that capacity

Poking the sleeping bears, but truly, what a cool story it would be.

Draft a baby to compete, and can likely pay #11 not-so-much money to be the QB1 or QB2, may the best QB at that time start. 

Wait, who is at RT? McG? Uhm, nevermind.. just retire, Al. 

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Stafford injuries bother me more than his play, tbh 

There's that too and we all know how well this OL blocks so yeah, I don't think the Stafford thing happens.

If Cowboys finish with a top 5 pick any chance they tag and trade Dak and take a QB? If so, he becomes an option…. An expensive option but an option nonetheless.