Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wanting to be balanced and have a strong running game is not the issue. That's fine. But running on first down as much as they did vs the Rams is the issue. You have to win the early downs to truly run the ball effectively. 

Honestly though, this also comes down to how Wilson occasionally just falls apart for his standards at certain parts of the season. He looked pretty bad for the last month of the season and he did this in other seasons as well. 

I have noticed the Wilson thing as well, as I'm sure many have. It actually lends credence to what Pete wants to do....Wilson has lost a ton of efficiency with increased volume. That being said, I'm not particularly concerned because one, I don't think that Pete is going to get super creative or aggressive all of a sudden so I would expect a rather "meh" OC retread hire, and two, I don't think that they have any idea on when to adjust. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have noticed the Wilson thing as well, as I'm sure many have. It actually lends credence to what Pete wants to do....Wilson has lost a ton of efficiency with increased volume. That being said, I'm not particularly concerned because one, I don't think that Pete is going to get super creative or aggressive all of a sudden so I would expect a rather "meh" OC retread hire, and two, I don't think that they have any idea on when to adjust. 

I don't think he makes a splash hire either and I'm not worried about that, just that Wilson clearly has our number. Even when we defend him great for majority of the game, he will wake up in the 4th quarter and take over. His WRs are scary good and he has nice backs. Their offense is going to stay in the top 5-10 for years to come. But I think if we had relative health this season, we would have still been the better team or at least on their level. No one in the division is scary good or anything. All beatable. 

Didn't sound like the Broncos were a big threat for Peters, but that's one less destination for him. Paton always seemed to be a big candidate year after year. I remember we interviewed him when we hired Lynch. 

13 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Didn't sound like the Broncos were a big threat for Peters, but that's one less destination for him. Paton always seemed to be a big candidate year after year. I remember we interviewed him when we hired Lynch. 

Yeah, as soon as I heard that Elway wrote him a recommendation letter for Carolina, I knew that he was out in Denver. Not sure if they ever interviewed him. For me it was always Carolina or Denver or bust for Peters. I am going to assume that he lands the Carolina job, though. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, as soon as I heard that Elway wrote him a recommendation letter for Carolina, I knew that he was out in Denver. Not sure if they ever interviewed him. For me it was always Carolina or Denver or bust for Peters. I am going to assume that he lands the Carolina job, though. 

Yeah, I have a feeling he's gone as well. He has a previous relationship with Rhule doesn't he?

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I expect a flurry of coaching hires now that the first domino has fallen. Really curious to see how this pans out for the Jags, I would have gone with Saleh if I were them, but maybe I'm a bit biased. I think Saleh is going to do a great job. 

• Like 1

I believe the Broncos, Texans, Lions & Panthers all filled their GM openings. Peters hasn't been linked to other openings such as Washington, Jacksonville, or Atlanta so we should be safe there (although we may lose Mayhew to WFT)

Think the Raiders, Chargers, Eagles, Giants, Bears, Vikings & Cardinals GM's could be on the hotseat, so thats a lot of landing spots for Peters.... but thats next offseasons issue. 

• Like 1