Jump to content

Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet


Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

  1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

    • Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Damn it, that's a really solid hire right there. 

I don't get the love, tbh. I feel like people think he has a a much bigger history as a DC than he does. He was a position coach before becoming a HC, didn't call plays or scheme defenses. Got fired in 2011, spent the next 8 years as a position coach again. Was hired as DC this year, but Quinn still called plays along with him, and then when he got bumped to interim coach, he and Ulbrich split play calling (Morris took third downs and end of half / game). 

He's legitimately spent less than 1 year as a Defensive Coordinator in the NFL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't get the love, tbh. I feel like people think he has a a much bigger history as a DC than he does. He was a position coach before becoming a HC, didn't call plays or scheme defenses. Got fired in 2011, spent the next 8 years as a position coach again. Was hired as DC this year, but Quinn still called plays along with him, and then when he got bumped to interim coach, he and Ulbrich split play calling (Morris took third downs and end of half / game). 

He's legitimately spent less than 1 year as a Defensive Coordinator in the NFL. 

People know the name and saw the Falcons improve this year after firing Quinn. Really nothing else than those factors are responsible for it. 

 

Its honestly the same way i view Staley. The guy had a really talented defense playing great and from all accounts was really impressive to the players but i feel its really quick for him to become a HC. Not only from a perspective of what type of staff he can bring but also what teams will do to counter his tendencies and ways of countering certain plays and formations. Not saying he won't succeed because he seems like a smart guy thats well liked but when i see people saying they would prefer him over Saleh i really don't get it based on both experience and simple talent they had to work with this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't get the love, tbh. I feel like people think he has a a much bigger history as a DC than he does. He was a position coach before becoming a HC, didn't call plays or scheme defenses. Got fired in 2011, spent the next 8 years as a position coach again. Was hired as DC this year, but Quinn still called plays along with him, and then when he got bumped to interim coach, he and Ulbrich split play calling (Morris took third downs and end of half / game). 

He's legitimately spent less than 1 year as a Defensive Coordinator in the NFL. 

DBs coach in TB from 07-08 where they had a top 5 pass defense. In Washington, go look at that secondary and he still had them playing solid ball. Morris is also well respected and would have been our DC in 2017 if the Falcons would have allowed him to leave. He's a good football mind that has experience on both sides of the ball. This isn't just off his "coordinator" experience. I mean is there a chance he's not a good DC? Sure, but I would bet against that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They were talking 195M at one point right? 180M is about what Lynch said they were operating at. Well, I think he said 175M but more in that range than 195M.

Florio had stated previously that there was a chance that it could get up that high,  but he was the only person that I ever heard say that. I believe that almost everyone has thought this was going to be the ultimate outcome. I know that Lynch said forever ago that he felt it would fall between 180-190, so seems like he was dead on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aussie9er said:

Phillip Rivers retiring so that’s another team looking to fix there about spot. 

I'll be curious to see if they target Dak. They would seem like the most likely to land him at first blush, though I do believe a team like the Pats would try to swing that as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep sayin it, but if the 49ers manage to fall into an incredible QB situation (Wilson, Fields( personally meh) or Watson), their is going to be a very nice market for Jimmy G. Really wouldn't be surprised to see him go for a mid to late second. Wouldn't bank on it, but QB is such an important position and he isn't THAT far removed from a very solid 2019 campaign. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, John232 said:

I keep sayin it, but if the 49ers manage to fall into an incredible QB situation (Wilson, Fields( personally meh) or Watson), their is going to be a very nice market for Jimmy G. Really wouldn't be surprised to see him go for a mid to late second. Wouldn't bank on it, but QB is such an important position and he isn't THAT far removed from a very solid 2019 campaign. 

That’s why I think it’d be ideal to keep Jimmy for a year while grooming a young QB. Jimmy can rehab his value with a solid year assuming he stays healthy and then we can dump him for a guy that fully knows the system next year while netting a decent pick for Jimmy. I think with his injuries the past couple of years teams will be hesitant to give up a high pick for him right now. Give him a year with good production and it may be a different story.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GW21 said:

That’s why I think it’d be ideal to keep Jimmy for a year while grooming a young QB. Jimmy can rehab his value with a solid year assuming he stays healthy and then we can dump him for a guy that fully knows the system next year while netting a decent pick for Jimmy. I think with his injuries the past couple of years teams will be hesitant to give up a high pick for him right now. Give him a year with good production and it may be a different story.

My main problem keeping Jimmy isn't even who he is as a player. Its the amount of money we can save by shedding him in unison with how we can structure the rest of our team. Now i will say with him basically only having two year left i don't think restructuring him is the worst thing as long as we plan for the future after him. If we do nothing in terms of QB besides signing a UDFA or picking someone in the 7th i would be disapointed if we kept him. If we grab Trey Lance at 12 or even move up to grab Fields or Wilson i wouldn't totally mind restructuring the deal and keeping him as a back-up this year(even though it mean next years cap hit will go up in a big way.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GW21 said:

That’s why I think it’d be ideal to keep Jimmy for a year while grooming a young QB. Jimmy can rehab his value with a solid year assuming he stays healthy and then we can dump him for a guy that fully knows the system next year while netting a decent pick for Jimmy. I think with his injuries the past couple of years teams will be hesitant to give up a high pick for him right now. Give him a year with good production and it may be a different story.

It really comes down to the opportunity cost on his contract. If keeping him results in us losing out on extending someone else, on top of spending a first on a QB, then I think it becomes really hard to justify. But they could restructure him, keep him on to start for a year, then trade, regardless of rehabbed value. 

 

 That said, I generally lean towards starting rookies right away, but in the case of someone like Lance, I really wouldn't have a problem with it. Fields, even to some extent would fall under that for me..but still prefer starting our first round picks. I just think it's better for a QB's development. However, I do think there are some QB's that are much better suited for sitting and developing either because their incredibly raw or their raw with a bad team. I think Wilson and Fields are starts, Lance i could live with sitting. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...