Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

5 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

We're a long ways away from SB talk imo. We could potentially lose seven starters. Nine if you want to count Hyder & Garland. We still have studs like Bosa, Kittle & Warner. But what made the 2019 team so good was our depth, especially defensively. That depth is non-existent heading into a new year. And the secondary is looking like it will be a shell of its former self with the guys we'll be inclined to lose.

Alot of the fanbase seems to think all we need is a legit QB and we're back as front-runners in the NFC. Maybe so. I'm not aa certain. There are alot of legit QBs who come up short every year. It will certainly make Shanny's job easier but the road back to the SB is exponentially harder than it was before. And we' re about to see a big upheaval in our roster. Not to mention breaking in a first time DC. Alot remains to be seen for me personally.

The secondary is still going to have Ward/Moore and possibly Tartt at safety. It comes down to who they are able to obtain in free agency but if they bring back say Verrett and Williams? Then the secondary is going to be fine. Every team loses key pieces every single year, that's nothing new. But we have our core defenders in Bosa/Warner/Ward/Armstead/Kinlaw/Greenlaw. The defense isn't going to fall off a cliff or anything. They will be top 10 again and likely top 5 if Bosa/Warner are able to stay healthy. Now, if we end up losing Ahello/Sherman/Verrett/Williams? Then obviously that is a MAJOR issue and we will have to find some solid replacements. But I don't foresee losing all those guys. Two of the four will probably return.

The depth is going to be the key though. We will be relying on a lot of rookies or second year players as depth next season and that can go either way. 

Do I think we are a lock to go to the SB with someone like Stafford? No, but just getting good QB play will make this team a legitimate contender. There is no dominant team in the NFC and that's not going to change next season either. The Niners have as much potential as any other team if they get good QB play....And that can even come from Jimmy if he can have a similar season to 2019. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

We're a long ways away from SB talk imo. We could potentially lose seven starters. Nine if you want to count Hyder & Garland. We still have studs like Bosa, Kittle & Warner. But what made the 2019 team so good was our depth, especially defensively. That depth is non-existent heading into a new year. And the secondary is looking like it will be a shell of its former self with the guys we'll be inclined to lose.

Alot of the fanbase seems to think all we need is a legit QB and we're back as front-runners in the NFC. Maybe so. I'm not aa certain. There are alot of legit QBs who come up short every year. It will certainly make Shanny's job easier but the road back to the SB is exponentially harder than it was before. And we' re about to see a big upheaval in our roster. Not to mention breaking in a first time DC. Alot remains to be seen for me personally.

But this is also the reason why I think it's important to get a legit QB. I don't know if it makes us front runners, but I'm concerned about putting more on the QB plate and having that QB be Jimmy G. The team is not as good as it was in 2019. Rosters don't remain static. It's the thing that blows my mind about 9ers twitter tbh lol. So many treat it as though the team is the same as it was in 2019. It's not lol. Guys get older. Guys had career years. Guys have been moved. 

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

The all gray Lions Uni is one of the best in football. Anyone who disagrees can fight me lol

lets get it on fight GIF

Meh, it doesn't match their helmet. Their colors are silver and blue, not gray and blue. Looks as cheesy as the Lambs unis

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

This is kind of what I'm talking about... we get going on here like a runaway frieght train at times. 3 months ago Trask was a top 5 pick to some people. Any kind of discussions centering around getting up a first for Stafford (who I would love to be the QB of the team) is crazy talk. If he was in his 20s? sure. If it cost a 2nd rounder for him, I'm all for it, giving up a top 15 pick. No way. 

I could see something like 12 for Stafford and Detroits 2nd being worked out. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ftn49 said:

This is kind of what I'm talking about... we get going on here like a runaway frieght train at times. 3 months ago Trask was a top 5 pick to some people. Any kind of discussions centering around getting up a first for Stafford (who I would love to be the QB of the team) is crazy talk. If he was in his 20s? sure. If it cost a 2nd rounder for him, I'm all for it, giving up a top 15 pick. No way. 

I could see something like 12 for Stafford and Detroits 2nd being worked out. 

Carson Palmer went for a 1st and second (1st and conditional) and basically was the exact same player. Same age, same history, etc. And he wasn't formally exposed to an open market. Teams like Indy are not going to have an issue giving up a pick in the 20's for Stafford when QB is such a need for them. If we are going to get him, it's going to require 12. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

But this is also the reason why I think it's important to get a legit QB. I don't know if it makes us front runners, but I'm concerned about putting more on the QB plate and having that QB be Jimmy G. The team is not as good as it was in 2019. Rosters don't remain static. It's the thing that blows my mind about 9ers twitter tbh lol. So many treat it as though the team is the same as it was in 2019. It's not lol. Guys get older. Guys had career years. Guys have been moved. 

I totally agree. I just don't understand the belief that we're just going to pick back up where we left off if everyone is healthy. Football is ever evolving. We needed a elite defense and run game to do what we did in 2019. The roster is different now. Not only for us but for all the other teams in the NFC. Brady is now in the conference. There are too many moving parts and I just feel like a majority of the fanbase has chalked last season up to injuries and that we'll be fine. It's not that simple.

Just now, Forge said:

Carson Palmer went for a 1st and second (1st and conditional) and basically was the exact same player. Same age, same history, etc. And he wasn't formally exposed to an open market. Teams like Indy are not going to have an issue giving up a pick in the 20's for Stafford when QB is such a need for them. If we are going to get him, it's going to require 12. 

And then I'm ok with him getting away personally. And Ive followed Matt since he was getting in trouble for underage drinking while he was at UGA.

1 minute ago, Ftn49 said:

And then I'm ok with him getting away personally. And Ive followed Matt since he was getting in trouble for underage drinking while he was at UGA.

And that's kind of where I am with Stafford tbh. Would LOVE to have him. But I just think #12 is a little too steep for me. Especially with his injury history and no assurance Trent will be a Niner in 2021. And with how we like to shop at the bargain bin for interior O-Lineman, not sure if we can keep him upright for 16 games and a playoff run. And with no viable back-up QB in sight idk...alot of our success would be riding on his health. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

That was an in-season trade and the Raiders were desperate. They had just lost their starting QB Jason Campbell to a season ending injury. The trade was executed literally 1-2 days before the trade deadline. And Hue Jackson had been on the Bengals staff for 3 seasons so he had a personal relationship with Palmer. 

The Lions will benefit from having multiple suitors, but lose leverage in the fact that Stafford wants out 100% and teams will have all options available via FA, Draft, and other players that could be traded/picked up like Rodgers, Watson, etc