Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So what would the Colts given for both Buckner and Jimmy? 

Akash following up on this with the timeline and it makes sense. Brady signed with the Bucs two days after the niners traded Buck. Brady was trying to see if he could come to SF first before it fell through. 

Just now, Forge said:

Akash following up on this with the timeline and it makes sense. Brady signed with the Bucs two days after the niners traded Buck. Brady was trying to see if he could come to SF first before it fell through. 

Meh, I don't really buy that. If the Niners wanted Brady, then he would have been here. Like Florio and others have mentioned, the Niners were Brady's #1 choice. The Niners could have moved Jimmy G to NE or somewhere else if they had to. He had a very trade friendly contract and was coming off a good season. More likely the Colts brought up Jimmy and either they didn't like the compensation offered or just didn't want to trade him. But to make it seem like he couldn't have been moved so Brady signed with TB just seems false. 

43 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

At this point, if we don't upgrade I'll be pissed....

I was 50/50 on Brady last off season but with Tom, we probably end up winning 11 games or so. 

Probably another reason why I haven't cared to watch much football this year after our year was done.

I don't know if I'll be pissed, but it's just so very clear that the team doesn't seem to have a strong long term interest in Jimmy, so if we don't, this all just feels like wasted time to me. If we get shut out of all the other QBs (which is 100% possible because we have to move assets to make any of these moves happen), then I get why they would run it back with him another year. At the same time, I don't want to restructure him to tie us to him longer, and neither should they if they are already fairly certain he's not the dude (which it sounds like they are). So just move on regardless. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Meh, I don't really buy that. If the Niners wanted Brady, then he would have been here. Like Florio and others have mentioned, the Niners were Brady's #1 choice. The Niners could have moved Jimmy G to NE or somewhere else if they had to. He had a very trade friendly contract and was coming off a good season. More likely the Colts brought up Jimmy and either they didn't like the compensation offered or just didn't want to trade him. But to make it seem like he couldn't have been moved so Brady signed with TB just seems false. 

It could have easily been a Brady deadline though, not one of our own. Even if he wanted to come here, everyone has their limits. I think the whole thing is utterly fascinating, to be honest. Man, I wish we knew everything regarding "almost trades" and things like that which happen behidn closed doors lol

Just now, Forge said:

It could have easily been a Brady deadline though, not one of our own. Even if he wanted to come here, everyone has their limits. 

And if Brady had a deadline, they could have just started calling around the league to move him. The Pats did not sign Newton until when exactly? That would have been very easy trade to make. 

Like literally Chris Simms was on top of this the entire time. He was calling everything as it happened. No one had TB as the team for Brady except him and he reported that SF was Brady's #1 choice but they were out on him. 

Akaash is now essentially trying to use what happened in 2020 with Jimmy and making it seem like he was never wanted and the team was trying to get rid of him last offseason but no one wanted him. Nah, like this doesn't even make any sense. 

If Jimmy had a untradeable contract? Then sure, you can buy this. But with him only having the 2020 season as guaranteed? Yeah, plenty of teams would have traded for him without hesitating. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wait what? Why would the Niners let Oden take a similar job in NY if he is under contract? 

Oden was a defensive assistant for HOU when Saleh was an intern there. Maybe Oden is one of Saleh's guys and doesn't have as close of a relationship with Shanahan.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Oden was a defensive assistant for HOU when Saleh was an intern there. Maybe Oden is one of Saleh's guys and doesn't have as close of a relationship with Shanahan.

But even if he is close to Saleh, Shanny has the ability to block that move unless Oden gets a promotion, which he won't in this case. I wonder if Oden only signed a one year deal and there is an option to extend him which hasn't happened yet. 

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But even if he is close to Saleh, Shanny has the ability to block that move unless Oden gets a promotion, which he won't in this case. I wonder if Oden only signed a one year deal and there is an option to extend him which hasn't happened yet. 

We let our O-Line coach take a lateral move to Saleh's staff and promoted Forester to replace him. Like @struby3 said, maybe this has more to do with Saleh and Shanny will let Ryans' pick his guy, maybe Bullocks? I know Ryans and Bullocks came in together as assistants when Kyle was hired. 

• Like 1