Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How so? The dead cap number would be insane this year. After 2022 it seems like it can happen but this year? What am I missing? 

It's 22.5 million in dead space to trade him from his prorated signing bonus 

The rest of his guarantees would be paid by another team. 65m to cut him but they won't do that obviously

Jrry is still convinced Goff is "the perfect QB for mcvay" which is... Hilarious 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How so? The dead cap number would be insane this year. After 2022 it seems like it can happen but this year? What am I missing? 

They can trade him this year if they can find a suitor, and I wouldn't be completely shocked if they did that. Snead is willing to eat big money hits; we saw it with Gurley and Cooks both who are now completely off the books, I believe. With goff, if they trade him, I think they shave 12 million. It's not ideal though because I don't know what the alternative is to get better at the position, and that is a problem. Like, I'm thinking that they probably aren't going to switch out Goff for Mariota or something. 

So for them, I don't think it's the Goff contract holding them back making a change (though I haven't bothered to check on whether he as pre-vested future years guaranteed, which can complicate trades), but maybe just their current draft and financial situation. They have no first round pick. It looks like they may be over the cap even if it settles at about 180. I'm not sure how they bring in a comparable QB

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We save over $12 million by trading him. And if Sam Bradford had a market, Goff will have a market. But I don't see much point in trading him unless we can land somebody who moves the needle. Outside of Rodgers and Watson, I don't see anybody.

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

*lots* of smoke from some of the beat pods about Stafford being a 49er. 

If you follow a lot of these guys, they aren't news breaker types, but they have some access. 

Awesome... Frankly, I agreed with the articles I read on the athletic yesterday that guess that it was 75% probable that Jimmy was going to be the starting QB next year. If this happens its going to most likely be for more than I like but that is the game.