Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

Oh if only Joe... 

"I see Watson landing in the Bay Area, as he'd be a perfect fit in Kyle Shanahan's offense, which utilizes athletic quarterbacks who can throw on the move and dynamic playmakers who stretch the field from sideline to sideline," wrote Thomas. "Generally, a quarterback of Watson's age (25) and talent would garner at least two first-round picks, but this year's free agency market offers an inordinate supply of good-to-very-good quarterbacks. With a pool like this, I believe trade values will be lower than the historical trend."

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/144420-49ers-among-possibilities-wildly-unpredictable-deshaun-watson-situation/

15 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

John and Kyle need to be on the phone trying to make this trade happen to get Watson. Even if they have to give up someone like Bosa plus three firsts. It's worth it. 49ers already have to compete against Wilson, and now Murray twice a year for who knows how long. 

What about this? 

49ers>Texans: Arik Armstead, Jimmy G, 2021 2nd, 2022 1st, 2023 1st

Texans>49ers: Deshaun Watson

I would do that in a heartbeat. Armstead is a talented player in his prime & Jimmy is a starting NFL QB that they could use to bridge the gap. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I think that would actually be a good outcome for both parties

Yup. I think Jax might have to throw in another pick....maybe a 3rd or something. But on the surface, that's probably as good as both franchises could ask for. 

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Yup. I think Jax might have to throw in another pick....maybe a 3rd or something. But on the surface, that's probably as good as both franchises could ask for. 

How does his arm length measure up to TL though? Let's not forget that Baalke is the GM there now. In all seriousness I probably wouldn't do it if I was Jacksonville. Lawrence is damn near can't miss and getting him on a rookie contract for 4-5 years would be phenomenal. With all the cap space they have and with how little the rest of the league has, they could really use that money to build around him to set him up for success early.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

That organization is a dumpster fire. When you've got guys like Andre Johnson speaking out and JJ Watt wanting out of town, you know you've screwed the pooch. Crazy how oblivious Cal McNair appears to be. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GW21 said:

How does his arm length measure up to TL though? Let's not forget that Baalke is the GM there now. In all seriousness I probably wouldn't do it if I was Jacksonville. Lawrence is damn near can't miss and getting him on a rookie contract for 4-5 years would be phenomenal. With all the cap space they have and with how little the rest of the league has, they could really use that money to build around him to set him up for success early.  

Also, how's his ACLs feeling? Any of them ready to give out? Baalke likes weak ACLs.

• Like 1

I'm very curious if we were just shut down hard on Watson and decided to focus all our effort on Stafford, or if we are getting a contingency plan in place and will take one more run at Watson before finalizing a deal for Stafford. 

• Like 1