Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

12 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

If I'm the Texans I wouldn't go for something like that. Armstead is coming off a rough year. And I'm only getting two firsts, and not one this year? Other teams will have better packages. Like I said, the 49ers need to have some stupid ridiculous package. I'd even do 2021,2022,2023, and 2024 first round picks plus Bosa, plus Jimmy just to bridge the gap between anyone else and make the Texans stupid to refuse. 

Helluva lotta "NO!" for me on all of that. That would set us back tremendously and make us similar to the Texans: lots of scoring, but cannot stop anyone. Hate that kind of football. No and no and no and no and no and......

15 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Helluva lotta "NO!" for me on all of that. That would set us back tremendously and make us similar to the Texans: lots of scoring, but cannot stop anyone. Hate that kind of football. No and no and no and no and no and......

Depends on the front brass. The Texans problem wasn't not having first picks. It was having a bunch of morons running the show upstairs. Same thing with Stafford all those years. The problem wasn't the draft capital, it was the yahoos in charge. 

And I'd rather having the problem of having a top 3 QB trying to fix a defense, then having a defense and trying to find a QB like Watson for who knows how long. Even if it means not having first round picks for a few years. Big whoop. You have a top 3 talent at the most important position for a decade plus in addition to having smart people piloting the ship. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

20 minutes ago, John232 said:

This whole Lombardi thread is *chefs kiss*

I mean sure, with Jimmy HEALTHY the offense can be top 10 again, but the problem is relying on him to stay healthy. 

Cards were close to top 10 in 2019 I believe offensively. 

But yeah, I don't see Stafford as some sort of game changer move or anything. He's just better than Goff and more consistent. We also have owned Goff hard the last two years so that sucks that he's not there anymore.

Division is still up for grabs. 

1 hour ago, John232 said:

This whole Lombardi thread is *chefs kiss*

Some people truly hate him on twitter. He's a pretty big homer. He tries to mask it behind being "rational", but he just randomly uses stats with no context which I deplore. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Rams are an easy favorite for me in the division, but I wasn't as down on them even this year as a lot in this forum were. McVay is an incredible coach.

I mean that's fine, but they certainly aren't levels above the rest of the division. They started to finally catch some significant injuries late last year. Have finished top 5 in injury luck for years but if that changes? They are going to have a drop off and the defense will regress some as well. 

If Jimmy/Bosa stay healthy and Trent re-signs, the Niners are on the Rams level. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean sure, with Jimmy HEALTHY the offense can be top 10 again, but the problem is relying on him to stay healthy. 

Cards were close to top 10 in 2019 I believe offensively. 

But yeah, I don't see Stafford as some sort of game changer move or anything. He's just better than Goff and more consistent. We also have owned Goff hard the last two years so that sucks that he's not there anymore.

Division is still up for grabs. 

Stafford staying healthy remains to be seen but that offense with Stafford@the helm much more harder to contain than w/Goff. Let's not kid ourselves here. Now you have to defend every area of the field as an opposing defense. Not to mention the fact that shedding his contract (most of it anyways) allows them to go out and shore up another area on the team. 

This is an arms race. And right now, were lagging behind. Offensively, you have to evolve@the position to stay relevant. I'm not the biggest Snead fan but he understood what their ceiling was with Goff. They got to a SB with everything around him being as perfect as possible and they came up short. Very eerily similar to us and Jimmy in 2019. 

And much like Jimmy is with us, he was handcuffing McVay and the team for that matter. Stafford isn't the long-term answer but he extends their legitimate SB window a couple of more seasons while they try to find alternatives. AND they still have Donald, Ramsey and pretty good defense, though losing Staley will be a bigger blow than ppl think imo. 

I don't care if Jimmy is healthy, this offense won't keep pace with the rest of the playoff teams if we don't upgrade the QB. We'll still be good. We'll still contend for the division and make the playoffs. But we won't be real contenders if the offense can't exploit every area of the field and make it more difficult for opposing defenses to not bottle up our quick passing game and running game.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Rams are an easy favorite for me in the division, but I wasn't as down on them even this year as a lot in this forum were. McVay is an incredible coach.

I nrver believed in them because of Goff. That has obviously changed now.

But I'm right there with you, they've become the clear favorite with this move.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean that's fine, but they certainly aren't levels above the rest of the division. They started to finally catch some significant injuries late last year. Have finished top 5 in injury luck for years but if that changes? They are going to have a drop off and the defense will regress some as well. 

If Jimmy/Bosa stay healthy and Trent re-signs, the Niners are on the Rams level. 

How far ahead is a matter of semantics. Seldom is any team "miles ahead" of their division. 

Also, closing my eyes and hoping the other team gets hurt just doesn't strike me as a great strategy. I'm just seeing a lot of "ifs" in what you are saying 

And forgot to add that lost of Saleh is kind of being downplayed by the fanbase. I know Shanny thinks the world of Ryans but there will undoubtedly be some bumps in the road for a first time signal caller so I expect the defense to regress somewhat. Couple that with the free agent losses we should expect and this won't be the same defense fans have been accustomed to these past 2 years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

How far ahead is a matter of semantics. Seldom is any team "miles ahead" of their division. 

Also, closing my eyes and hoping the other team gets hurt just doesn't strike me as a great strategy. I'm just seeing a lot of "ifs" in what you are saying. 

Not really. Damn near no team has this type of injury luck for this long of a stretch. 

It's fair to say about Jimmy staying healthy but it's crazy how overrated Stafford has become over a two week stretch. Bomani nailed it when saying this guy underachieved going back to Georgia and gets as little criticism as any #1 overall pick in the history. He's not a game changer, he's just not. He will be fine for them and the offense will be better. All true, but that's about it. They will take a step forward offensively and a step back defensively. Will end up being largely just as good as last season. 

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

And forgot to add that lost of Saleh is kind of being downplayed by the fanbase. I know Shanny thinks the world of Ryans but there will undoubtedly be some bumps in the road for a first time signal caller so I expect the defense to regress somewhat. Couple that with the free agent losses we should expect and this won't be the same defense fans have been accustomed to these past 2 years.

And the Rams lost Staley themselves. 

The defense is going to be good just off the fact it has Bosa, Warner, Ward, Armstead and Greenlaw. Not to mention the potential big leap from Kinlaw. 

Now, the team needs to bring back Verrett and can't lose all their corners but the foundation of the defense is set. You can't just talk about how good Bosa is and then downplay him returning after missing damn near the entire season. Our safeties are super disciplined and we have the best coverage backer in the league. The defense isn't falling off a cliff with Saleh gone.