Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not really. Damn near no team has this type of injury luck for this long of a stretch. 

I mean, just in your post you advocated for 3 "ifs". That's a lot to me lol .

If the rams injury luck regresses. If bosa / Jimmy stay healthy. If we re-sign Trent Williams. Those are some pretty big ifs and aren't what we are dealing with at this very moment which is what I'm evaluating. Rosters aren't static. We are in line to lose some important pieces, so its just as fair to say that our defense regresses as well. That stuff will be re-evaluated by me as events happen. 

I don't really care about the criticisms of Stafford. It has never been about stafford. It's been about putting a better QB into this system. Stafford is better than Jimmy and Goff...how much better in terms of talent isn't that big of a deal for me because its always been about the system for me. This is a system that makes a meh QB put up top 10 and sometimes top 5 stats. What's it going to do with a QB who is closer to top 10 than top 20? I am very bullish on that transition...not just for STafford either. Same for Dak. Hell, on a much smaller scale, same for Gardner Minshew. Stafford was always just the most likely scenario, but I'd have almost much preferred Dak or a rookie (particularly the latter). 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And the Rams lost Staley themselves. 

The defense is going to be good just off the fact it has Bosa, Warner, Ward, Armstead and Greenlaw. Not to mention the potential big leap from Kinlaw. 

Now, the team needs to bring back Verrett and can't lose all their corners but the foundation of the defense is set. You can't just talk about how good Bosa is and then downplay him returning after missing damn near the entire season. Our safeties are super disciplined and we have the best coverage backer in the league. The defense isn't falling off a cliff with Saleh gone. 

It's not falling off a cliff but losing Saleh will be felt. That should go w/o saying. 

Its not just about the talent but incoperating said talent, down after down and being successful with how you employ it...that's my point. Saleh proved he could. Ryans hasn't and that will be the big ? with that side of the ball. Not to mention our depth won't be the same as the past two years with Williams and Warner about to gobble up all our cap.

And bringing up the Lambs losing Staley further illustrates my point. Yes their D was dealt a blow with him leaving but they soften that impact by making a move to upgrade the offense. So now that side of the ball theoretically picks up the slack for a defense that won't be as fordmiable.

At this point in time we haven't made those same kind of moves offensively so on paper, we look very much like the offense from 2019. And in this league, if you remain the same than you're falling behind.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mean, just in your post you advocated for 3 "ifs". That's a lot to me lol .

If the rams injury luck regresses. If bosa / Jimmy stay healthy. If we re-sign Trent Williams. Those are some pretty big ifs and aren't what we are dealing with at this very moment which is what I'm evaluating. Rosters aren't static. We are in line to lose some important pieces, so its just as fair to say that our defense regresses as well. That stuff will be re-evaluated by me as events happen. 

I don't really care about the criticisms of Stafford. It has never been about stafford. It's been about putting a better QB into this system. Stafford is better than Jimmy and Goff...how much better in terms of talent isn't that big of a deal for me because its always been about the system for me. This is a system that makes a meh QB put up top 10 and sometimes top 5 stats. What's it going to do with a QB who is closer to top 10 than top 20? I am very bullish on that transition...not just for STafford either. Same for Dak. Hell, on a much smaller scale, same for Gardner Minshew. Stafford was always just the most likely scenario, but I'd have almost much preferred Dak or a rookie (particularly the latter). 

Yeah I'm intrigued with Dak because there's outside chance that we could get him free outside of paying him a good contract.

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

It's not falling off a cliff but losing Saleh will be felt. That should go w/o saying. 

Its not just about the talent but incoperating said talent, down after down and being successful with how you employ it...that's my point. Saleh proved he could. Ryans hasn't and that will be the big ? with that side of the ball. Not to mention our depth won't be the same as the past two years with Williams and Warner about to gobble up all our cap.

And bringing up the Lambs losing Staley further illustrates my point. Yes their D was dealt a blow with him leaving but they soften that impact by making a move to upgrade the offense. So now that side of the ball theoretically picks up the slack for a defense that won't be as fordmiable.

At this point in time we haven't made those same kind of moves offensively so on paper, we look very much like the offense from 2019. And in this league, if you remain the same than you're falling behind.

Sure, I'm well aware of all this. Hence, I said the Rams will be pretty much as good as they were this season. The drop off defensively will be made up by the improvement offensively. They are over the cap by quite a bit right now so they will need to extend Stafford to lower his cap hit and won't be able to retain some of their top free agents. Similar problem to us but obviously they have to deal with Goff's 22M dead cap hit.

However, that does not make them so much better than the rest. I still feel the division is wide open. Seattle still has by and large the best QB of the division and they are always in it until the end. They are flawed but you can pretty much count on them winning 10+ games every season. 

The question regarding Ryan being able to replace Saleh is fair, but the Seahawks will have a new OC without any experience calling plays and the Rams made a switch with their DC themselves. 

I don't see any dominant team in the division. Three teams again competing for a playoff spot till the end. 

This is easterby's burner Twitter account. 

I don't have twitter but someone posted a reply that this Twitter account follows 41 people, one of which is Jimmy G. 

If that's true, then we have a shot at making this deal!! 

We can offer them the QB they like. That potentially helps us compete with Miami and the Jets 

22 minutes ago, N4L said:

I don't have twitter but someone posted a reply that this Twitter account follows 41 people, one of which is Jimmy G. 

We can offer them the QB they like. That potentially helps us compete with Miami and the Jets 

This isn’t the account being attached to Easterby. If this is anyone in Houston’s burner account, and there’s no evidence that it is, it’s far more likely to be Caserio’s. And Caserio had a huge hand in drafting Jimmy G, so it’s not at all abnormal for him to be following him whether or not they’re interested in trading for him. 

19 hours ago, Forge said:

Some people truly hate him on twitter. He's a pretty big homer. He tries to mask it behind being "rational", but he just randomly uses stats with no context which I deplore. 

Yeah,  I mean, he does that in this thread. But the fact that 49er fandom is again, coming for the heads of Lynch and Shanny  because they didn’t sell the farm for Stafford, is of course..frustrating. 

Shanny gets another 3 years to figure this out before his seat gets hot. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, N4L said:

Don't go down this road. It only leads to darkness and disappointment. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yeah,  I mean, he does that in this thread. But the fact that 49er fandom is again, coming for the heads of Lynch and Shanny  because they didn’t sell the farm for Stafford, is of course..frustrating. 

Shanny gets another 3 years to figure this out before his seat gets hot. 

Oh yeah. There are a limited number of rational people in the fandom on twitter, that's for sure. There are some solid ones, but each side in this mess is bad. You have the ones who are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far on the "Jimmy sucks" wagon and don't begin any conversation rationally,  and then you have the Stans who tend to not to want to discuss any context and just bleed Jimmy. 

It's funny what a lightning rod Lombardi is though. We've had some back and forth in the past, I do think he's mostly a good sport about the hate he gets. 

• Like 1