Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

Honestly Wentz is a talented player, but word is that he is a bit of a prima donna. I’ve been wondering all season what dumping Jimmy would do to our locker room as he seems to be beloved by the players. I think swapping him for someone with an attitude would send the wrong message to the team and go against the culture that has been cultivated here. I know it’s a business and all, but if that is true and we make that trade and start losing, I could see this culture Shanny and Lynch have worked to build crumble. That is not something I want to see. Maybe I’m putting to much stock into that, but I have to imagine it is like any other work place. I’d definitely feel better about trading a number of firsts for Watson (no Bosa) than I would giving up a single 1 for Wentz personally; at least Watson’s troubles seem to be him vs the front office and looking out for his guys. Finally, idk if Wentz is really that much of an upgrade from Jimmy at this point, if at all. 

• Like 2

IMO the only vet that we should be replacing Jimmy G with at this point is Watson or Prescott. 

Now, Watson is better than Prescott, but if we have to give up 3 1st rounders AND an elite young talent, than I'd rather just sign Prescott. 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

IMO the only vet that we should be replacing Jimmy G with at this point is Watson or Prescott. 

Now, Watson is better than Prescott, but if we have to give up 3 1st rounders AND an elite young talent, than I'd rather just sign Prescott. 

Same here. 

My preference has always been the draft, but I just don't think that's going to happen. I just don't want to restructure / extend Jimmy. I'm fine with running it back with him and see what shakes out. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Not sure i am totally down with him back as a player but in a FO/Coaching role i would love it. 

If he's not signed after the draft, sign him to a deal, without guaranteeing playing time. It's not the most glorious return to the franchise, but he's not exactly who he used to be, physically. If we can keep him on the roster, and only dress him if needed, I'd be okay with it. He shouldn't be any team's feature back, but unless both Mostert and Wilson gets injured, there's no need to. I'd love it if he accepted a very diminished role, where he'd be more of a role model than role player, and perhaps transition into coaching, while retiring with us. Then we can draft Frank Jr. With Sr on staff. Along with Joe Staley as assistant OL coach/mandatory press conference feature/Joe Show host. With Alex Smith as assistant QB coach to start. Pat Willis as recurring motivational speaker. They could do a lot of good work at the coaching staff retreat at Justin Smith's ranch.

18 hours ago, Forge said:

Same here. 

My preference has always been the draft, but I just don't think that's going to happen. I just don't want to restructure / extend Jimmy. I'm fine with running it back with him and see what shakes out. 

The draft would be ideal for me too. Yes, we'd have to spend many draft picks to get our guy, whoever he is, but at least we get some salary control for at least 4 years. Trading for a big name means spending draft capital AND spending a lot of money right away. If we get a veteran, it has to be a bit of a steal (or we have to get Watson) for it to be worth our investment. If we have to overspend, we're much better off sticking it with Jimmy. If only for one more year. 

Scenario A : we trade up for a young QB, trade Jimmy for some draft capital back, and sign a veteran back-up with starting ability

Scenario B : we keep Jimmy, draft someone later that has potential and hope he's a better back-up than NicJ Mullhard, and we may be back at a similar spot next year, discussing Jimmy's future. But by then, he's either had a decent year and he has slightly better trade value, or he had a bad/injured year and he makes releasing him an obvious move, and we're probably not competing with half the league for a new QB.

Scenaro C : Luck.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

For a second? Eh why not?

Even for a future second, his hit on the cap just isn't worth it imo. Not too mention his character has come into question more than once in Philly. Just not a move I could see this FO or Shanny trying to pull off.

• Like 3