Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Cohen disputing it and I don't know how the eagles take back Foles, honestly. I'm gonna call nope on this one

Maiocco summed it up quite nicely with this: 

Of course the penalty from the 49ers' loss in Super Bowl LIV that incensed 49ers fans the most was the lack of an offensive holding call on Nick Bosa late in the fourth quarter when the Chiefs were facing 3rd-and-15. It kept the Chiefs' drive alive, leading to a touchdown to put Kansas City within three points of the 49ers.

The Chiefs getting a dose of their own medicine might ease the pain just slightly for the 49ers and their fans, but until a sixth Lombardi Trophy resides in Santa Clara, the bitter taste never will really disappear. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/chiefs-super-bowl-lv-penalties-make-49ers-fans-see-some-big-what-ifs

The Chiefs he quoted in his article I linked above come awfully close to whining about the calls. They got away with it against us, but penalized when they tried it again vs the Bucs. Karma?! At least a little bit, but it still stings that those refs looked the other way soooooooo often in our Super Bowl. 

The bigger issue isn't how they called our game compared to last night's SB. The bigger issue is how differently the SB was called compared to the conference cship games. Like they let so much physicality go in TB/GB, and yet it was the complete opposite last night....Very one sided and a lot of ticky tack calls against the Chiefs. The DPI on Evans was RIDICULOUS, the hold on Ward on the INT was questionable at best and there were some others. Like either let the teams play the same way for all playoff games or call the games how you call regular season games. Switching up the way games are called every single week is terrible. 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The bigger issue isn't how they called our game compared to last night's SB. The bigger issue is how differently the SB was called compared to the conference cship games. Like they let so much physicality go in TB/GB, and yet it was the complete opposite last night....Very one sided and a lot of ticky tack calls against the Chiefs. The DPI on Evans was RIDICULOUS, the hold on Ward on the INT was questionable at best and there were some others. Like either let the teams play the same way for all playoff games or call the games how you call regular season games. Switching up the way games are called every single week is terrible. 

What did u expect i always felt the nfl wanted bucs and brady to win it. 

Didn't watch the game took my kids fishing instead was a much better day i reckon. Aslong as brady is in superbowls this is my new tradition. 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Didn't watch the game took my kids fishing instead was a much better day i reckon. Aslong as brady is in superbowls this is my new tradition. 

denzel washington GIF

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

The NFL wants Brady, the guy at the head of a league scandal, to continue winning Super Bowls? Gooddell didn't look that happy to be handing Tom another trophy. I can understand folks getting frustrated at seeing Tom again in the big dance, but constructing a whisper campaign conspiracy out of those frustrations is a tall order :)

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/09/russell-wilson-im-frustrated-with-getting-hit-too-much/

The Seahawks quarterback confirmed a report over the weekend that he has “grown increasingly frustrated” by the team’s inability to protect him.

“I’m frustrated at getting hit too much,” Wilson said Tuesday on a video call, via Curtis Crabtree of PFT and Sports Radio KJR. “I’m frustrated with that. At the end of the day, man, you want to win, you know.”

Wilson has taken 394 sacks in his nine seasons, including 47 in 2020. He was sacked a league-high 48 times in 2019 and took a career-high 51 in 2018.

Wilson said earlier Tuesday on The Dan Patrick Show he wasn’t sure whether he’s available in a trade or not, adding, “That’s a Seahawks question.” Like Tom Brady, Wilson also wants a voice in the makeup of the roster.

JLC was actually right on Wilson growing frustrated?? 

Don't think he will get dealt this offseason, but could see him getting moved wanting out next year if the Seahawks can't beef up their OL and get bounced in the wild card or divisional round.

Edited by 49ersfan
On 2/6/2021 at 10:49 PM, Forge said:

Cohen disputing it and I don't know how the eagles take back Foles, honestly. I'm gonna call nope on this one

I agree. I'm no cap wizard, but I was playing around with this trade in Spotrac and it actually adds over $10 mil to their cap, which is already $50 mil over the limit. Also, trading Wentz increases their cap to -$75 mil, so either Spotrac isn't factoring something in or this trade makes absolutely no sense in any form.

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

I agree. I'm no cap wizard, but I was playing around with this trade in Spotrac and it actually adds over $10 mil to their cap, which is already $50 mil over the limit. Also, trading Wentz increases their cap to -$75 mil, so either Spotrac isn't factoring something in or this trade makes absolutely no sense in any form.

Their cap is in arguably the worst shape I've seen from a team in a decade. Older vets who seriously save nothing because of all the ghost years that Howie added on. That's why I've been such a big proponent of them just burning it down in 2021 as much as possible to hard reset.