Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So The Athletic wrote an article on the mess in Seattle between Wilson and the organization. Some good stuff in that article but a lot of stuff that's already been out. I said it when JLC's report came out that I don't know if Seattle trades Wilson this offseason, but they very well may the following offseason. Wilson's next big deal will not take place in Seattle. 

Once again, Athletic, for anyone who doesn't have a sub, absolutely worth it. Great stuff. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Once again, Athletic, for anyone who doesn't have a sub, absolutely worth it. Great stuff. 

I dig it, especially their basketball coverage. I don't like how big of a homer Lombardi can be at times, but I'd be lying if I said I don't respect the amount of time and research he puts behind his deep dive articles. I just wish he would present us with all the stats and not just let stats determine his opinion, like Jimmy>Rodgers. 

Back to Wilson, but I think in 2022 he is playing elsewhere. Less of a dead cap hit and they hit a mini-rebuild. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They need to start taking calls ASAP. Do it right before free agency starts and other moves are made. Watson isn't going to change his mind and they know it. This does them no good to be in denial and expecting him to eventually return. 

I disagree with you here. They will take calls eventually, but for now all this does is drive the price up because it signals they aren't going to just trade him for nothing 

It's no coincidence that this Watson news didn't break until after the reports were that the Texans weren't even answering the phone, even though this meeting between him and the new HC happened last week. 

20 hours ago, Forge said:

yeah I got the one dollar per month offer. I'm not sure when it stops being a dollar...

off topic but did you happen to read the Peyton Manning article Forge? On when he was a FA and how he went through the "recruiting" process.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

yeah I got the one dollar per month offer. I'm not sure when it stops being a dollar...

off topic but did you happen to read the Peyton Manning article Forge? On when he was a FA and how he went through the "recruiting" process.

I'm considering it, esp if its $1 a month (at least as a promo offer). Matt Barrows is one of my favourite niner writers (with Maiocco) and it sucks to see all his articles paywalled

• Like 1

So Jeremy Fowler was asked on the radio right now if he had to guess the team Watson is on if not Houston and he said Denver and Carolina would be his second choice. Watson supposedly really likes the Broncos young WRs. 

He did say I think jokingly but not sure but the Panthers may give up the next two drafts for Watson LOL. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Jeremy Fowler was asked on the radio right now if he had to guess the team Watson is on if not Houston and he said Denver and Carolina would be his second choice. Watson supposedly really likes the Broncos young WRs. 

He did say I think jokingly but not sure but the Panthers may give up the next two drafts for Watson LOL. 

I'd be curious if Houston has any interest in trading him to either of those teams at all. I think it's very likely that Watson doesn't get traded and ends up sitting out the year. If I had to bet a single outcome, I think that is the most likely one. Right now, Houston doesn't appear to be budging. I wish I new the true reason why. If it was because they think that the relationship can be saved, or because they have a very short list of teams that they are willing to work with (IE, Jets & Miami) and Watson hasn't cleared them both  for a trade.

If that is the case,  you get this weird game of chicken going on. Watson only has to hold out until the draft to turn it on it's head, but after the draft, Houston has absolutely no incentive to trade him until after the year is over when they can get a look at next year's draft class and draft order. 

• Like 1

If he really wants out, he should drop his no trade clause. Sucks for him to lose that leverage, but it would allow the Texans to get their best haul. Or find something else he is really passionate about for the year and force their hand next year after sitting it out. I know Le'Veon Bell had more wear on his body and it's a different situation, but I wonder if his struggles after sitting will frighten, or caution teams.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'd be curious if Houston has any interest in trading him to either of those teams at all. I think it's very likely that Watson doesn't get traded and ends up sitting out the year. If I had to bet a single outcome, I think that is the most likely one. Right now, Houston doesn't appear to be budging. I wish I new the true reason why. If it was because they think that the relationship can be saved, or because they have a very short list of teams that they are willing to work with (IE, Jets & Miami) and Watson hasn't cleared them both  for a trade.

If that is the case,  you get this weird game of chicken going on. Watson only has to hold out until the draft to turn it on it's head, but after the draft, Houston has absolutely no incentive to trade him until after the year is over when they can get a look at next year's draft class and draft order. 

I just don't get why the Texans wouldn't take the Jets offer. Now, if Watson doesn't want to go there then obviously they can't do anything about it. But I have a hard time seeing him turn down NY and Saleh. Sure the talent level wouldn't be as good as Denver in year one, but they can turn that around quickly. 

• Like 1