Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, looks like the Niners are close in getting this done. Shrewd move by the Falcons to leak this out. 

Have you seen anything else other than the Fowler report? Just curious as that’s all I’ve seen. Garafolo seems to think we won’t be in on it in some Bleacher Report article I read.

6 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Have you seen anything else other than the Fowler report? Just curious as that’s all I’ve seen. Garafolo seems to think we won’t be in on it in some Bleacher Report article I read.

This is similar to the Rams trading for Stafford with the Lions leaking the Niners interest to up the price. Now you are seeing NFC West teams being leaked after the Niners were seen as one of the top favorites. Seems like the Falcons are trying to squeeze another pick out of the Niners. 

11 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Even if fowler was the only guy, if still give it credence. He has a lot of credibility with me. He was the first on the Rams / lions and it broke like a day or two later. A day or two before we traded to three, he dropped the tweet about us being up to something

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Even if fowler was the only guy, if still give it credence. He has a lot of credibility with me. He was the first on the Rams / lions and it broke like a day or two later. A day or two before we traded to three, he dropped the tweet about us being up to something

Fowler is very reliable and was one of the first to throw out the Broncos being one of the top favorites for Watson and then a week later the Broncos started being leaked as one of Watson's top destinations.

But he's not the only one who has linked Julio to the Niners. More so than just his report, I look at the teams being leaked as having interest in Jones and how the Falcons are trying to get a little more out of the package they are currently getting. This is exactly how the Stafford to the Rams played out. 

On the surface, adding Juilo seems like a great move from a talent perspective. It definitely gives the WR room much better depth. But as I've been saying for years, we don't pass the ball at a clip that justifies giving up what it would take to land a true #1 WR. And then paying him 15 million (which is a steal btw) on top of that. Julio wont get the amount of touches he's accustomed to here. The offense isn't run the way it was when Shanny was in ATL. I don't see Shanny suddenly going back to being a traditional drop-back kind of passing offense. Going after Lance further signals that for me. The offense is evolving and incorporating more Air Raid and college-motion elements. So WRs like Deebo & Ayiuk make sense in that they're just as dangerous as hybrid ball-carriers as they are WRs. We have the highest paid FB, TE & LT in football. That should tell you where our priorities lie. Run, run, run. And action off of the run and then having receiving threats disguise as runners & run blockers out of heavy looks.

Now I'm not going to mad at all if  he becomes a Niner. But I just don't see his acquisition moving the needle that much offensively. He'll command attention from top CBs and that will open up things for others just as a side effect in itself. But between Aiyuk, Kittle, Deebo, Juice and the RBs, I don't see how his usage will justify the move when its all said and done.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

On the surface, adding Juilo seems like a great move from a talent perspective. It definitely gives the WR room much better depth. But as I've been saying for years, we don't pass the ball at a clip that justifies giving up what it would take to land a true #1 WR. And then paying him 15 million (which is a steal btw) on top of that. Julio wont get the amount of touches he's accustomed to here. The offense isn't run the way it was when Shanny was in ATL. I don't see Shanny suddenly going back to being a traditional drop-back kind of passing offense. Going after Lance further signals that for me. The offense is evolving and incorporating more Air Raid and college-motion elements. So WRs like Deebo & Ayiuk make sense in that they're just as dangerous as hybrid ball-carriers as they are WRs. We have the highest paid FB, TE & LT in football. That should tell you where our priorities lie. Run, run, run. And action off of the run and then having receiving threats disguise as runners & run blockers out of heavy looks.

Now I'm not going to mad at all if  he becomes a Niner. But I just don't see his acquisition moving the needle that much offensively. He'll command attention from top CBs and that will open up things for others just as a side effect in itself. But between Aiyuk, Kittle, Deebo, Juice and the RBs, I don't see how his usage will justify the move when its all said and done.

I'm not ruling out we'd send back deebo, tbh

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not ruling out we'd send back deebo, tbh

Nor have I. But we can't realistically use Julio like we use Deebo. And Deebo, for all the speculation there is about him not being in our future plans, does have a very unique role within the offense and the scheme that ties into the running game. Julio is great in his own way but not in that way.

And even if the argument is that Aiyuk can fill that role, we still need another guy in case he can't stay healthy. That's the benefit of having both Aiyuk and Deebo. If one gets banged up, they other guy can step in and run those jet sweeps and mis-directions. You take one of them out of the equation and we're back to having depth concerns when it comes to those packages. James and others don't really execute those gadget runs like those two.

9 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Nor have I. But we can't realistically use Julio like we use Deebo. And Deebo, for all the speculation there is about him not being in our future plans, does have a very unique role within the offense and the scheme that ties into the running game. Julio is great in his own way but not in that way.

And even if the argument is that Aiyuk can fill that role, we still need another guy in case he can't stay healthy. That's the benefit of having both Aiyuk and Deebo. If one gets banged up, they other guy can step in and run those jet sweeps and mis-directions. You take one of them out of the equation and we're back to having depth concerns when it comes to those packages. James and others don't really execute those gadget runs like those two.

The thing is, the way we use deebo isn't a requirement for any offense, including ours. It's nice, but not necessary. He's a solid receiver.

The offense could be even better if you removed that component all together and replaced it with Julio and what he does

Just now, Forge said:

The thing is, the way we use deebo isn't a requirement for any offense, including ours. It's nice, but not necessary. He's a solid receiver.

The offense could be even better if you removed that component all together and replaced it with Julio and what he does

So then question becomes does Shanny use Deebo in that fashion because he likes how it stresses a defense out wide or is it just a means to get Deebo touches as a ball carrier? 

Saying the offense could be better is very vague for me. Better how, from a passing perspective? Especially considering who the QB is and his shortcomings. Bringing in Juilo doesn't change Jimmy and how Shanny has to manipulate the offense to offset it. Lance just isn't ready yet so again, I don't see how this moves makes the offense more potent. it puts another threat on the field yes. A legitimate threat, no doubt. But it doesn't make the offense more varied, which is where I feel Shanny is trying to go ultimately.

• Like 1