Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

29 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

So then question becomes does Shanny use Deebo in that fashion because he likes how it stresses a defense out wide or is it just a means to get Deebo touches as a ball carrier? 

Saying the offense could be better is very vague for me. Better how, from a passing perspective? Especially considering who the QB is and his shortcomings. Bringing in Juilo doesn't change Jimmy and how Shanny has to manipulate the offense to offset it. Lance just isn't ready yet so again, I don't see how this moves makes the offense more potent. it puts another threat on the field yes. A legitimate threat, no doubt. But it doesn't make the offense more varied, which is where I feel Shanny is trying to go ultimately.

Julio isn't just better than deebo downfield. He's just a better receiver. It's not like Julio is just running 9s all day. How often is Julio getting open compared to deebo in general? How often is deebo dropping balls that or not able to make a catch that Julio can? How many plays is deebo leaving on the field compared to Julio? 

You can certainly still run some of the shovels and end arounds with aiyuk and even kittle. Just doesn't have to be as big of a component as you have it with deebo last year (should be noted he wasn't used nearly that heavily in that way the year before. His usage last year was bizarrely stunted for some reason). Julio is the superior talent and the superior player. In theory, that results in a better offense. Doesn't always work that way, but you can't know until you've made it happen (the team may force action to Julio, Jimmy may force action... Chemistry / fit is a question for every potential acquisition). 

Now, whether or not the net gain from deebo to Julio is worth it is certainly a debatable question given the money as well. But I don't have any problems swapping out deebo as part of the return

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

Julio isn't just better than deebo downfield. He's just a better receiver. It's not like Julio is just running 9s all day. How often is Julio getting open compared to deebo in general? How often is deebo dropping balls that or not able to make a catch that Julio can? How many plays is deebo leaving on the field compared to Julio? 

You can certainly still run some of the shovels and end arounds with aiyuk and even kittle. Just doesn't have to be as big of a component as you have it with deebo last year (should be noted he wasn't used nearly that heavily in that way the year before. His usage last year was bizarrely stunted for some reason). Julio is the superior talent and the superior player. In theory, that results in a better offense. Doesn't always work that way, but you can't know until you've made it happen (the team may force action to Julio, Jimmy may force action... Chemistry / fit is a question for every potential acquisition). 

My issue is Jimmy will still be the QB. That leaves alot of grey area in terms of taking advantage of the best that Julio has to offer. Saying he's better than Deebo goes w/o saying. But sometimes the better player isn't always the better fit. I'm sure Shanny would tweak some things to feature Julio and subsequent mismatches that tie into that. But I still say we'll distribute the ball to the open guy, much like we've been doing which would negate some of the reasoning you go after a player of Juilo's caliber. Guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I'd try and move greenlaw in a trade for Julio as opposed to someone like deebo

Is Greenlaw even someone the Falcons would covet? Another WR makes more sense in terms of compensation from the outside looking in. And if the rumors of Lynch & Co. souring on Deebo are indeed true, that could be a way to offset our compensation while getting something for him. Depending on how this season goes, it would not shock me to see Deebo traded at the deadline during the season or next offseason.  

11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Is Greenlaw even someone the Falcons would covet? Another WR makes more sense in terms of compensation from the outside looking in. And if the rumors of Lynch & Co. souring on Deebo are indeed true, that could be a way to offset our compensation while getting something for him. Depending on how this season goes, it would not shock me to see Deebo traded at the deadline during the season or next offseason.  

That defense is really bad. Their #2 lb is barkevious Mingo I think. 

He's on a rookie deal and would instantly improve their d. We don't have anyone else who works in defense really and truthfully, deebo isn't a super need for them.  Ridley is number one. Pitts is defacto 2 out of the TE spot.

Gage was actually pretty good last year and just turned 25. They may want to give him a shot. They signed Sharpe, drafted Darby, and zaccheaus who had a nice game at one point last year, plus they still have Hurst at TE. I just don't think the passing game weapons are an issue. 

The flip side is deebo is more valuable. We add less if we trade deebo, so good for us. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That defense is really bad. Their #2 lb is barkevious Mingo I think. 

He's on a rookie deal and would instantly improve their d. We don't have anyone else who works in defense really and truthfully, deebo isn't a super need for them.  Ridley is number one. Pitts is defacto 2 out of the TE spot.

Gage was actually pretty good last year and just turned 25. They may want to give him a shot. They signed Sharpe, drafted Darby, and zaccheaus who had a nice game at one point last year, plus they still have Hurst at TE. I just don't think the passing game weapons are an issue. 

The flip side is deebo is more valuable. We add less if we trade deebo, so good for us. 

Who would be our #2 LB if we moved on from Greenlaw? We have no depth at the position at all. Better off moving one of our secondary and giving the draft picks a run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melbourne 9er said:

Who would be our #2 LB if we moved on from Greenlaw? We have no depth at the position at all. Better off moving one of our secondary and giving the draft picks a run.

Sign kj wright. I'm not all that worried about it. Aziz was actually okay there at the end of the year and is probably the starting Sam as is. Hufanga will likely be a box guy in the nfl. Harris may get more play there as well (we ran him there a little last year and I've been clamoring for that for a while). Avery Williamson also still out there as a FA. Not sure if kwon will be ready but he's out there. 

I'm not really worried about filling that spot short term. DFF can cover. Wouldn't be surprised if Ekubam got run there either given his role in LA. 

We don't have anyone in the secondary to move, and I'd much, much, much rather try to find a band aid at linebacker, where we have guys who can cover, but probably will struggle shedding blocks, and thumpers are easy enough to find. It's easier to mask a linebacker deficiency than a corner one, and I value cover linebackers more than thumpers, so I'm fine with our guys. 

Our depth at the position is fine. It's not like teams are rolling out pro bowlers as their 3rd - 5th stringers. Are we any worse off than anyone else? I just can't find it in me to be all that concerned about the lb #2 on this team sitting next to Warner, similar to how Rams fans feel about whomever is across from Donald

On 5/31/2021 at 8:42 AM, Forge said:

Schrager saying Rams are probably out

Rams name was clearly leaked out by the Falcons to up the price for the Niners. This is deja vu with the Stafford situation....just the opposite.