Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

5 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm ok trading a conditional 6th round pick that can turn into a 5th based on production and or playing time. But that's about it. 

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm ok trading a conditional 6th round pick that can turn into a 5th based on production and or playing time. But that's about it. 

If he's unhappy with his lack of "opportunity" in NE, he sure as hell will be unhappy sharing touches here in Shanny's offense.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Psychlone said:

If he's unhappy with his lack of "opportunity" in NE, he sure as hell will be unhappy sharing touches here in Shanny's offense.

Not sure any team that trades for him outside of the Texans gives him any chance to start. 

6 hours ago, Psychlone said:

I had the same thought. I can understand not being happy somewhere, but that statement from his agent sounded very entitled and I dont think we are the place for him right now. 

"dominant downfield threat who was virtually unstoppable at the point of attack in college" LOL

I hated him as a prospect because he was/is too slow and had horrible lateral movement. I knew he would have problems separating from NFL corners. He has incredible ball skills, he was great at making highlight reel catches in college, but PAC12 corners cant hold a candle to even PS level NFL corners. Essentially, he was deceptively productive by picking on lesser talent in a highly unrepeatable manner and there was no way he was going to have success in the league.

I am still baffled about why he was drafted in the first round, and was even more baffled by the seemingly common knowledge that Kyle liked him and wanted him over deebo (and AJ Brown!!). That just doesnt make sense to me at all. If thats true, then its one of those times Kyle was saved from himself because there is no universe he was the best WR prospect in that draft. (then again this is the dude that traded up for pettis, so who the F knows what kyle is thinking sometimes lol)

The pats felt like they had to go overpay guys like Nelson Agular and Kendrick Bourne because their WR room was not of an NFL caliber. Drafting Harry was a big reason why they felt they had to make those moves. They didnt have hardly anyone else to steal reps/targets from him and he is complaining about not getting enough opportunities? He is complaining about not being used as a deep threat when he lacks the top end speed to take the top off a defense??

That is not the type of attitude we are looking for around here. We want guys who will compete, not guys who will complain. Kyle and John always talk about how important it is that they like being around everyone of these guys everyday. 

His value is rock bottom. Pats might take a pick swap just to clear the guaranteed money. I guess everyone has value for the right price but I really think he is a waste of time and a roster spot. His upside is nonexistent. At best, he is a possession WR who can catch the occasional TD in traffic. To be fair, the RZ has been a struggle for us, but I expect that to completely change with Lance's power as a runner opening up the whole field for us. I really just dont understand the love affair for this guy. Highlight catches dont mean you are a good WR. 

• Like 3

I was very wary of his traits in that draft. Wasn't interested at all. And, that made me at least a little concerned when we took Aiyuk, his team mate the next year. 

I got over it quick. Aiyuk is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more than and better than Harry.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, straighthate said:

There’s always misses in the draft, but if fields is as good as this guy says (and some of the stats he shows), then I just can’t figure out why so many teams had him as their 4th best QB. 

We don't know how many had him as their number 4, do we? I haven't seen anything like that. Technically, he could have been higher than Lance or even Wilson on several boards, but not as high as other player positions. 

What we do know is that several teams elected to bypass him for other players / positions even when they had a need (Denver), which is certainly a big enough flag.  Carolina I kind of get given they acquired Darnold, but the Denver thing is hard to ignore. 

It's not going to matter, ultimately I think.  That situation is really bad in Chicago in my opinion. He's going to have a quick hc / gm change over which means no attachment to a new regime, a premium wr playing on a tag who could be gone next year, breaking in new tackles... Just oof. I have such little hope for him, but really hoping I'm wrong for his sake. Most QBs are their situation... That's by far my least favorite and it's not close. Same reason no matter who we took was likely to have the best or second best career of those who were picked

6 hours ago, straighthate said:

There’s always misses in the draft, but if fields is as good as this guy says (and some of the stats he shows), then I just can’t figure out why so many teams had him as their 4th best QB. 

I really believe it was just nitpicking. The vegan diet, his throwing motion, questions about his personality, his struggles versus Indiana, his lack of pocket presence. Alot to do about nothing really imo. 

He is in a offense I think he'll be able to hit the ground running. His weapons aren't great and that O-Line is a little 'meh' but from a schematic standpoint, if he's as good as I think he is, there's no way he isn't the starter by Week 4 at the latest. 

22 hours ago, Forge said:

We don't know how many had him as their number 4, do we? I haven't seen anything like that. Technically, he could have been higher than Lance or even Wilson on several boards, but not as high as other player positions. 

What we do know is that several teams elected to bypass him for other players / positions even when they had a need (Denver), which is certainly a big enough flag.  Carolina I kind of get given they acquired Darnold, but the Denver thing is hard to ignore. 

It's not going to matter, ultimately I think.  That situation is really bad in Chicago in my opinion. He's going to have a quick hc / gm change over which means no attachment to a new regime, a premium wr playing on a tag who could be gone next year, breaking in new tackles... Just oof. I have such little hope for him, but really hoping I'm wrong for his sake. Most QBs are their situation... That's by far my least favorite and it's not close. Same reason no matter who we took was likely to have the best or second best career of those who were picked

Good point. He may have been some teams number one for all we know, but like the Denver example and some other teams who could have either traded up or gone a different route, I have to believe they didn’t have him as high as the 3 who went to start the draft. Certainly possible, but you’re right, some Atlanta could have had it Lance at 1, Fields at 2 and Wilson and Lawrence as second rounders for all we know. Just seemed like some teams could have gone to get him before 11 based on all the tools we see if there wasn’t something else wrong with him, from a scouting standpoint.

At this point I’ll root for him. Never hated the Bears and like to see guys who fell do well.