Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

On 7/23/2021 at 7:30 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

Michael Thomas is out the first four games of the season. Ankle Surgery. 

Michael Thomas, Saints may still be on a collision course - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com) 

Michael Thomas is a selfish punk. You could tell by the way he talks about himself on social media. 

NO wanted to put him on IR last year, he didnt want to and they feuded over it. He played through it, made it worse, then delayed having surgery so that he can get paid and not play. 

Id be so mad if I was a saints fan. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Agreed. I rolled my eyes at the compensation the Texans want. 

Its fine compensation for a player of his caliber at his age at his position. 

They just missed the boat. They waited too long and the QB market dried up. There were a ton of teams who made moves at QB this year

Im sure he will still have value next year, but right now they are stuck with him for this season. His cap hit balloons next year so that will hurt his value a little bit as well 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Its fine compensation for a player of his caliber at his age at his position. 

They just missed the boat. They waited too long and the QB market dried up. There were a ton of teams who made moves at QB this year

Im sure he will still have value next year, but right now they are stuck with him for this season. His cap hit balloons next year so that will hurt his value a little bit as well 

I’m pretty confident that they could still get that return if Watson didn’t have all the legal issues hanging over his head, but he does. Maybe he will be worth that next off-season, but with all this crap left unresolved, there is no way that they get that imo. The Texans would have been way better off trading him off before all this came to light instead of trying to play hardball. 

6 hours ago, GW21 said:

I’m pretty confident that they could still get that return if Watson didn’t have all the legal issues hanging over his head, but he does. Maybe he will be worth that next off-season, but with all this crap left unresolved, there is no way that they get that imo. The Texans would have been way better off trading him off before all this came to light instead of trying to play hardball. 

Coulda woulda shoulda. They coulda traded him before all of this came out when he originally asked for a trade. The draft was their opportunity to make a deal this offseason. Its really hard to trade him anywhere after the draft because then he makes that team better and you get a worse pick. So they really have to wait to know how the picks fall into place. Strong chance they get #1 overall as it is, but at least that way you get to figure out what other elite prospects you want and make a choice at that time. 

Miami was the deal to make to get #3 overall imo. Even if they took slightly less in terms of sheer volume of first round picks, that pick was absurdly valuable this year mainly because there were so many elite QB prospects this year. I feel like in a normal year, its going to be hard to get a team to give you a top 5 pick plus other assets, if there are good enough QB prospects on the board that make them feel like they are still getting someone with watson's upside (only younger/cheaper). Otherwise that team would just take that guy the majority of the time. Because trading watson for his replacement only works if another team passes on his replacement to trade him to you, or you are so bad you earn the pick on your own. 

Miami was a rare situation where they had the ammunition, had a young QB already on the roster who would prevent them from taking a prospect in that spot (meaning they were willing to trade out), and was the preferred destination for the player.

Its pretty wild to think that Miami would not have made the deal with us if Watson was available to them. Its also pretty crazy to think that Miami would have traded houston's pick back to them in exchange for the only true franchise QB the franchise has ever known. Its also crazy that it basically took Bill OBrian being the GM and yoloing FRPs for a super talented LT on Miami, who only fell to Miami in the draft because someone tried to blackmail him with a gasmask photo the day of the draft. 

If Trey ends up being who we think he is, it will have been extremely fortunate for the niners that Watson is a sexual predator, because without that happening, Trey isnt a 49er right now and we would have been left standing at the altar (to use Kyle's words). So, thank the football gods that Watson has a masseuse fetish, BOB is a terrible GM, and Tunsil took a photo of himself in a gasmask and sent it to someone, because all of that had to happen for us to get TREY LANCE.

Seriously, the butterfly effect is strong here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

It's only July and I'm already sick and tired of Aaron Rodgers. We still have another 6 months or so of hearing about him and GB "falling out". 

Can he just retire and go away now. He's turning into everything we all hate about Brett Favre. 

I think this will be resolved fairly quickly. They are working on a new contract that will void all his remaining years after this season, so you should get a break from this until next offseason. 

14 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I think this will be resolved fairly quickly. They are working on a new contract that will void all his remaining years after this season, so you should get a break from this until next offseason. 

It's sad because I used to really like Rodgers. But the more you learn about the guy, the worse he gets.