Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

10 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Gonna look bad for Kyle if Mac works out and Trey doesn't. Oof. Gonna look bad for a lot of people actually. 

Depends on how good. If Mac is Derek Carr it's whatever, even if Lance busts. You took your shot and missed. You just can't make that move for a guy you look at like that. I'll give them credit for having more guts than I would have though. I will readily admit I probably can't make that trade for Lance, despite liking him.  

If Mac ends up a top 5ish qb consistently, it'll definitely look bad for a bunch of people, myself included. Long time before that happens though

14 hours ago, Forge said:

Kyle just sitting at window, staring forlornly outside, thinking about what could have been

I'm sure you said that in jest but just to clarify, it is preseason. Nothing has ever been gleaned, good or bad, in games that don't count. A huge part of Lance's game won't be on display in preseason...his legs. And I seriously doubt Mac is as efficient when the defenses aren't playing vanilla coverages and DCs start to crowd the short areas of the field, where he seems to thrive. We're a long ways away from truly knowing the outcome of QBgate 2021. But I've seen nothing from Mac that has me the slightest bit worried that we made the wrong choice. Lance is the long game. Mac was always going to looked more polished from the onset. At least that was my train of thought...

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Forge said:

Depends on how good. If Mac is Derek Carr it's whatever, even if Lance busts. You took your shot and missed. You just can't make that move for a guy you look at like that. I'll give them credit for having more guts than I would have though. I will readily admit I probably can't make that trade for Lance, despite liking him.  

If Mac ends up a top 5ish qb consistently, it'll definitely look bad for a bunch of people, myself included. Long time before that happens though

Mac was actually a pretty easy evaluation IMO. 

I don't see him ever being a top 5 type of QB, but if he has a lot of talent around him, he can have top 5 type of seasons. 

What Mac was good in college is what he's going to be good in the NFL. It just comes down to if he can have an effective deep ball or not. His arm strength is average but he has great anticipation and timing. 

What Shanny will need to worry more about is how good Fields turns into since by all purposes, he didn't really even seriously consider taking him at #3.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Mac was actually a pretty easy evaluation IMO. 

I don't see him ever being a top 5 type of QB, but if he has a lot of talent around him, he can have top 5 type of seasons. 

What Mac was good in college is what he's going to be good in the NFL. It just comes down to if he can have an effective deep ball or not. His arm strength is average but he has great anticipation and timing. 

What Shanny will need to worry more about is how good Fields turns into since by all purposes, he didn't really even seriously consider taking him at #3.

Agreed. Nothing Mac has shown so far strikes me as being off from the eval, and I don't think he's a guy that will be the upper echelon. He'll get a second contract, maybe a really good one, and that's where the legitimate concern comes for me. 

Very much agree that fields is the guy that really puts the egg in his face. There aren't many who can get on shanny about passing on Mac at 3. The opinion he wasn't worth the pick wasn't exactly rare, so there aren't many who can castigate him without being hypocritical. 

But fields? Yeah, that looks bad if fields balls out. Especially given what he has to overcome in Chicago

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I'm sure you said that in jest but just to clarify, it is preseason. Nothing has ever been gleaned, good or bad, in games that don't count. A huge part of Lance's game won't be on display in preseason...his legs. And I seriously doubt Mac is as efficient when the defenses aren't playing vanilla coverages and DCs start to crowd the short areas of the field, where he seems to thrive. We're a long ways away from truly knowing the outcome QBgate 2021. But I've seen nothing from Mac that has me the slightest bit worried that we made the wrong choice. Lance is the long game. Mac was always going to looked more polished from the onset. At least that was my train of thought...

Yeah, 100% a joke.

I'm with you. I think Mac looks good. Nothing that makes me really stand up and freak out. I think he'll be fine. I thought he was a fine prospect too. It's all still the same for me. Philly sat a chunk of the first team guys, and cam lit up the immediate backups and what starters did play. 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Forget Fields or Jones talk, Wilson has been pretty much flawless in his two games.

Is it just me or the arm talent in this class for the top guys is as good as ever? How does it compare to the 2018 class? 

And the crazy thing is the local NY media was killing the kid just a couple of weeks ago after he didn't look so great in their open practices attended by their fans.

Wilson and Fields are just natural throwers of the ball. They spin it real pretty and effortless. Lance has a great arm but he's not as nuanced with it as the those two. They're both just insanely accurate. Fields flicked a pass today, off his back foot, backpedaling away from a oncoming rusher and it landed just about where you would you would hoped for as if he had a clean pocket and stepped into the throw. Both him and Wilson are going to make some insane throws when the light comes on for them mentally and they both get decent O-Lines in front of them.  

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Forget Fields or Jones talk, Wilson has been pretty much flawless in his two games.

Is it just me or the arm talent in this class for the top guys is as good as ever? How does it compare to the 2018 class? 

Wilson's arm is a rubber band. It's pretty absurd. 

Out of the two classes, Allen had the biggest arm, but I think you can make the case that this year's class had the next three or even four. Baker has an underrated cannon, but I've never viewed Darnold as having a monster arm. Good one, but didn't knock my socks off. Same for Rosen 

On 8/21/2021 at 6:15 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's really smooth. He looks like playing QB comes naturally to him.