Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Honestly, I think they're a worst match-up for us, over the Saints. Great D-Line and great coverage backers. And offensively, they're more reliant on the run than the pass. Our defense is at its best when getting after the QB, more so than trying to contain the run so that will be interesting. Also, the chess match between Zimmer and Shanny should be fun to watch. I know he will have that defense ready for us. They certainly contained Brees much better than we did. McG and Staley will have to be on their game against that front. Hopefully we'll get Person back. I'm definitely a little nervous tho. Of course, you will always take facing Cousins over Brees but as a whole, the Vikes can give us problems on both sides of the ball. Didn't feel that way about the Saints.  

I get it but no way do I want a rematch against the saints. I think we handle our business next week.

33 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Honestly, I think they're a worst match-up for us, over the Saints. Great D-Line and great coverage backers. And offensively, they're more reliant on the run than the pass. Our defense is at its best when getting after the QB, more so than trying to contain the run so that will be interesting. Also, the chess match between Zimmer and Shanny should be fun to watch. I know he will have that defense ready for us. They certainly contained Brees much better than we did. McG and Staley will have to be on their game against that front. Hopefully we'll get Person back. I'm definitely a little nervous tho. Of course, you will always take facing Cousins over Brees but as a whole, the Vikes can give us problems on both sides of the ball. Didn't feel that way about the Saints.  

Honestly, I was going to be super nervous against anyone not named the eagles

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I was going to be super nervous against anyone not named the eagles

For me is about how we match up and where our advantages are. The Vikes played the Saints the way I would have expected us to. Be strong defensively and limit Brees when he does get the ball out quick. The Saints defense doesn't scare me....like at all. They're very suspect imo and the Vikes did just enough with that defensive performance to win. Strong defensive teams with a stout running game isn't really a great match-up for us imo. Those are the teams that give me pause. Luckily, if we get past the Vikes, I like our match-up versus any other NFC team.

Edited by 757-NINER

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is where having Tartt is so important. Vikings rely on the run for their deep PA shots and our back end needs to be very disciplined. 

This is a game where I think Sanders has a big game and none of the Vikings corners will be able to match up with him. 

100% the truth and teams that do disciplined usually beat us. Like the packers. With Wayne’s getting hurt Sanders is a threat. Both slots are out also. Honestly Deebo to me will be the main threat to the Vikings, along with Mosert, Brieda, and Coleman. 

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Seahawks beat the Vikings, so keep that in mind. I think thielen may have missed that one, but that happens.

Plus, with the Seahawks, it's not really about the players. Just more about the matchup

Seahawks game will be a game the Vikings wish we had back. Thielen was out, yes but that wasn’t the reason. That was Russell being Russel. 5/10 times that was a Vikings win.

either way this will be a fun game fellas. Can’t wait to chat it up with you guys all week. 49ers are my family team which I said before. Your more than welcome in our forum to chat and go on about you team if you keep it civil. Usually from what I’ve seen keeping up with you guys you have some fun fans! Should be a fun week!

16 hours ago, oldman9er said:

that right? haven't really paid much attention.. only to hear some chatter about "how Wentz doesn't have much to go to." So yeah, guess he's been quiet. :/ 

( a fave of @Chrissooner49er, IIRC? )

Absolutely. Good thing the 9ers chose Deebo. I was very high on JJAW, but liked AJ Brown even more. I was okay with Deebo and now like him a lot.