Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Darn. That is actually a decent choice. They may actually become consistent and/or relevant now.

I don't know, he had Brett Favre or prime Aaron Rodgers for his entire head coaching career and only one Super Bowl appearance to show for it. With the Cowboys about to be needing to really pay some important guys very soon, his overall team might not be all that different from a lot of Green Bay ones he had. The Cowboys might still end up being a team that sporadically does well and then bottoms out. But, it's got to be an improvement over Garett, so I get the disappointment. 

29 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I don't know, he had Brett Favre or prime Aaron Rodgers for his entire head coaching career and only one Super Bowl appearance to show for it. With the Cowboys about to be needing to really pay some important guys very soon, his overall team might not be all that different from a lot of Green Bay ones he had. The Cowboys might still end up being a team that sporadically does well and then bottoms out. But, it's got to be an improvement over Garett, so I get the disappointment. 

Yea very underwhelming hire to me if true.  Rivera would have been a slam dunk hire imo. McCarthy is just meh...

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Cowboys are hiring Mike McCarthy.

So Cowboys got McCarthy, Redskins got Rivera. Not splash hires but solid nonetheless, although i think Rivera is a better choice. Browns/Panthers/Giants still searching for a HC. 

Feels like a weak year to be searching (thats why the Jags kept Marrone). 2017 was a strong year with Shanny/McVay/McDermott, and Lynn/Marrone have had success too (only Vance Joseph was fired from that class) 

I think our coaches Mike McDaniel/Mike LaFleur might need some OC experience before getting HC calls, which i'm sure will happen in a year or two. But not ready yet. None of the other coordinators/former head coaches/college coaches really intrigue me as a fan. Maybe Robert Saleh or Kevin Stefanski, thats about it. 

Edited by 49ersfan

37 minutes ago, StevenK said:

If we lose Saleh, any thoughts that we could bring him in? 

One, I wouldn't want him. 

But two, I'm not going through another scheme change. Wade is a pretty die hard 3-4 guy, and our current scheme really does a good job of getting some ability out of the pass rushers we have. If we lose Saleh (which we aren't going to, so i'm not overly concerned with it), I'd imagine that we give Woods or Kocurek the job. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

One, I wouldn't want him. 

But two, I'm not going through another scheme change. Wade is a pretty die hard 3-4 guy, and our current scheme really does a good job of getting some ability out of the pass rushers we have. If we lose Saleh (which we aren't going to, so i'm not overly concerned with it), I'd imagine that we give Woods or Kocurek the job. 

I think these two posts go hand in hand. Wade Phillips is a guy who is going to run his scheme regardless and that would cause all sorts of havoc for our defense. It also really sounds like McVay felt the same way about Wade in the end - too set on his scheme rather than adjusting to the opponent. 

• Like 1