Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

1 hour ago, John232 said:

That tidbit from Brady on wanting to come to SF hurts, ngl.

Honestly, I'm confused by why is a story now. Didn't we already know that we were on the short list for brady and that we said no 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I'm confused by why is a story now. Didn't we already know that we were on the short list for brady and that we said no 

It's not a story tbh...Everything stated in the book has been known for a while...The new thing that came out was having to work hard to get Jimmy's head right for the game but I mean it was leaked to the MNF crew last year that Shanny thought Mullens was the smartest QB in the room. 

5 hours ago, straighthate said:

Fields looks good today. 

Had a good game.. stats don't look great but the INT was a tipped ball & the running game took his TDs

That deep ball to ARob could definitely have been better though

Edited by adamq

Random NFL thoughts so far

-Dolphins strategy of trading players like Tunsil & Minkah Fitzpatrick for picks was a good one, but they haven't really hit on the picks and Tua is not looking like a good choice at this point. With hindsight, I would much rather have kept those 2 than using those picks on Noah Ighebene, Austin Jackson etc. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

-What is up with the WFT defense? Chase Young has no sacks either. Feel like its a matter of time before he turns it around though

-AFC South might be the worst division in the league. None of the teams look all that good, although the Colts did have a tough schedule to start the season. Titans losing to the Jets might come back to haunt them

-Not sure if i'd have the Raiders as a contender yet. 3-0 is 3-0, but the team has gotten off to hot starts in both 2019 & 2020 only to come back to earth. Barely beat the Dolphins, Steelers are washed. They had a quality win against the Ravens though. Tonight's game against the Chargers will be a good test. 

-Browns might be stuck in QB purgatory. Mayfield hasn't really taken that next step but who do you replace him with? Some might say to take a 2nd/3rd round rookie QB to hedge your bets, but these often end up being a waste of a pick and no better than backup level. You could jettison him for a rookie/veteran, but Mayfield is still young enough that you can't completely give up on him. Just a tough situation. I'd franchise him if he doesn't make significant improvement because you don't want to get tied down too quickly. See - Goff/Wentz

-Still not sure what to make of the Panthers. They had an easy schedule so far, with the Saints having so many coaches out due to COVID. But they showed some good fight against the Cowboys yesterday. 

Love Harbaugh firing back at Fangio but when he said there is no 16 point play...Well yeah, but if the Broncos score and get the 2 point conversion, it is a one possession game. They can then do a onside kick and possibly recover it and take one final shot at the end zone.

Is it unlikely? Very, but still a possibility.

• Like 2

I thought Harbaugh & Fangio were friends? Fangio worked with Harbaugh on the Ravens staff in 08 & 09, and also worked with Jim from 2010-2014 seasons with Stanford & the 49ers. Thats 7 seasons with both Harbaugh brothers combined. Surprised he would take his frustration public, but after losing the game, maybe giving up the record was a final straw for him

23 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I thought Harbaugh & Fangio were friends? Fangio worked with Harbaugh on the Ravens staff in 08 & 09, and also worked with Jim from 2010-2014 seasons with Stanford & the 49ers. Thats 7 seasons with both Harbaugh brothers combined. Surprised he would take his frustration public, but after losing the game, maybe giving up the record was a final straw for him

Fangio may not have dealt with John all that much when they were on the Ravens staff...But I'm sure they are fine with each other but Fangio is just a little salty from the loss.