Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Which is what makes our constant struggle to be competent in the return game amazing lol

Pepperidge Farm remembers when Raheem Mostert was such back of the roster material. Alas and alay. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Which is what makes our constant struggle to be competent in the return game amazing lol

It’s one of those “if you think we feel bad, Imagine how they feel” things. I don’t know if it’s investment or poor scouting but it seems like we’ve made a concerted effort every year to grab someone who can return kicks..and they’ve all sucked once they hit the pros 

• Like 1

Russell Wilson might actually miss a game for the first time in...nine plus years? Pretty remarkable streak. As sinister as this sounds, this is actually good for the rest of the division if he's out a while. But the football spirits can be funny, and I wouldn't be shocked if Geno Smith plays like a boss while the midget is sidelined. 

It's always tough to evaluate anyone this early, especially given the lack of talent around him...but man, I get why people are concerned about Wilson. It just doesn't look good. Independent of external forces, there are times when it's just flat out bad. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Not sure if Sherman is rusty or washed, but he hasn't been very good. 

He was an All-Pro just 2 seasons ago. That fall off was fast, and injuries haven't helped

Give him a few weeks and then judge him. 

Man, Mac Jones may be efficient but he just does not make explosive plays and that's why the Patriots are always scoring in the teens or low 20s despite how efficient Jones is. Crazy that people still think Shanny is regretting passing on him lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Give him a few weeks and then judge him. 

Man, Mac Jones may be efficient but he just does not make explosive plays and that's why the Patriots are always scoring in the teens or low 20s despite how efficient Jones is. Crazy that people still think Shanny is regretting passing on him lol.

Yeah, he can’t generate NFL big plays and he struggles in the red zone for Jimmy reasons. Those tighter windows are rough on weak arms. He’s better than Jimmy outside the numbers, though. Well worth the pick the Patriots invested in him. And It would help him if their receivers were better than bad. Still, he’s never going to be either a major liability or a real needle-mover, I think.

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

Yeah, he can’t generate NFL big plays and he struggles in the red zone for Jimmy reasons. Those tighter windows are rough on weak arms. He’s better than Jimmy outside the numbers, though. Well worth the pick the Patriots invested in him. And It would help him if their receivers were better than bad. Still, he’s never going to be either a major liability or a real needle-mover, I think.

He's going to be good but not a game changer. That's not someone you mortgage your future for. Put enough talent around him and he can produce top 7ish seasons from time to time. But he's not going to be able to elevate a team because he does not have the arm talent for that nor the legs. 

It's kind of crazy how much Mac Jones is exactly what everyone who didn't want to trade up to 3 for him thought he was going to be lol. 

I will give him credit for transitioning to the NFL better than I thought he would. I was probably too hard on that with regards to him. 

With any luck he develops a little further and you have Derek Carr / Kirk Cousins. 

• Like 1

Lions were down 16-6 with like 3 minutes left and are now up 17-16 thanks to a vikings turnover 

Seeing how they played us and Baltimore, you can't count this team out

And now they lose 19-17 on a GW 54 yard FG 

Heartbreak for the Lions

Edited by 49ersfan