Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

9 minutes ago, John232 said:

I am slightly concerned about the Washington investigation and the possibility that stuff may be dug up on Mike and maybe Kyle. Especially around RG3

I'm not. They hated Bruce Allen a lot lol 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, John232 said:

I am slightly concerned about the Washington investigation and the possibility that stuff may be dug up on Mike and maybe Kyle. Especially around RG3

I mentioned this yesterday and again a few minutes ago. The Shanahan's were obviously around during Bruce Allen's tenure. 

Could be why Kyle has been acting the way he has. These guys know ahead of time what is about to be leaked as they are often reached out for comments.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Gruden won't be the first and last, that's for sure. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm not. They hated Bruce Allen a lot lol 

Hating Bruce Allen is irrelevant here. They would have still been communicating with Allen during their time in Washington and there is no saying what could been said during those emails. The Shanahan's were not too fond of RG3 after his rookie season either so they could have said some inappropriate things about him. 

Heck, RG3 does not even need to be communicated about. Just the every day general language they could have been using could come out and get them in deep crap like it did with Gruden. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hating Bruce Allen is irrelevant here. They would have still been communicating with Allen during their time in Washington and there is no saying what could been said during those emails. The Shanahan's were not too fond of RG3 after his rookie season either so they could have said some inappropriate things about him. 

Heck, RG3 does not even need to be communicated about. Just the every day general language they could have been using could come out and get them in deep crap like it did with Gruden. 

It's not irrelevant because I think that you don't talk that way with people you hate for rear that they can use it against you. This ends their career in 2011 just as easily as 2021. Gruden felt comfortable communicating with Allen that way. There is no way in hell Shanny would have felt that way. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's not irrelevant because I think that you don't talk that way with people you hate for rear that they can use it against you. This ends their career in 2011 just as easily as 2021. Gruden felt comfortable communicating with Allen that way. There is no way in hell Shanny would have felt that way. 

But the Shanahan's did not hate Allen the way they did until the end of the tenure. Early on I'm sure they had a pretty decent relationship. You just never know how these people communicate and clearly the culture was bad in Washington.

16 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But the Shanahan's did not hate Allen the way they did until the end of the tenure. Early on I'm sure they had a pretty decent relationship. You just never know how these people communicate and clearly the culture was bad in Washington.

Even if your assumption is true and they were saying inappropriate things to Allen about RG3, there is very little chance it would be put in an email by Mike Shanahan. He doesn't strike me as a "complain about the team owner and your owners favorite player to the team president/GM via email" kind of guy. If those conversations were happening, they were happening in person or over the phone. 

Kyle was very young at the time. It's possible he would email lower level staff about things but not Allen directly. Chain of command and all that. 

I wouldnt have thought gruden was a closeted bigot, and idk Kyle personally, but I have a hard time thinking that is the cause of Kyle being ticked off this year. There are so many other possibilities that seem more plausible. 

The way Kyle talks about his days in Washington, it's like he knows a lot of dirt and went though a ton of bullcrap in his tenure there. I really feel like he would have more negative things to say about what went down rather than people having a lot to say about him. 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, N4L said:

Even if your assumption is true and they were saying inappropriate things to Allen about RG3, there is very little chance it would be put in an email by Mike Shanahan. He doesn't strike me as a "complain about the team owner and your owners favorite player to the team president/GM via email" kind of guy. If those conversations were happening, they were happening in person or over the phone. 

Kyle was very young at the time. It's possible he would email lower level staff about things but not Allen directly. Chain of command and all that. 

I wouldnt have thought gruden was a closeted bigot, and idk Kyle personally, but I have a hard time thinking that is the cause of Kyle being ticked off this year. There are so many other possibilities that seem more plausible. 

The way Kyle talks about his days in Washington, it's like he knows a lot of dirt and went though a ton of bullcrap in his tenure there. I really feel like he would have more negative things to say about what went down rather than people having a lot to say about him. 

The Washington organization as a whole got investigated, not just Bruce Allen. So any email that the Shanny's sent during that time from the company's email, the investigators would have. This is why just talking about their relationship with Allen towards the end of the tenure is irrelevant. They were there three or four years and could have talked amongst each other using foul or inappropriate language. Kyle could have been sending emails to LaFleur or McVay as his good buddies and felt VERY comfortable doing so.

Now, maybe Kyle is not stressing off this one bit but I just don't think you can completely rule it out. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Washington organization as a whole got investigated, not just Bruce Allen. So any email that the Shanny's sent during that time from the company's email, the investigators would have. This is why just talking about their relationship with Allen towards the end of the tenure is irrelevant. They were there three or four years and could have talked amongst each other using foul or inappropriate language. Kyle could have been sending emails to LaFleur or McVay as his good buddies and felt VERY comfortable doing.

Now, maybe Kyle is not stressing off this one bit but I just don't think you can completely rule it out. 

If the NFL is not going to release the emails, which is what they are saying, then I don't think we have anything to worry about now

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

If the NFL is not going to release the emails, which is what they are saying, then I don't think we have anything to worry about now

Yeah, the NFL may not release them but still the leaks are coming out. Who exactly leaked out the Gruden stuff? Who leaked out the Schefter bit? There is someone that has access to this either from the investigators side or from the NFL side that has been leaking certain stuff. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, the NFL may not release them but still the leaks are coming out. Who exactly leaked out the Gruden stuff? Who leaked out the Schefter bit? There is someone that has access to this either from the investigators side or from the NFL side that has been leaking certain stuff. 

Earlier speculation / report was that the NFL actually released the secondary gruden stuff because they were threatening to release more. Hard to say for sure what is real or not though. Everyone with Twitter account can just put stuff out

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Earlier speculation / report was that the NFL actually released the secondary gruden stuff because they were threatening to release more. Hard to say for sure what is real or not though. Everyone with Twitter account can just put stuff out

Meh, that's just one theory but no one really knows. How does the Schefter leak here tie to that leak though? That's why I don't buy it. Someone from either the investigators side or someone in the NFL offices who has access to this is leaking this stuff. And you just don't know what gets leaked next, no one does. 

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

Why did they even release the Gruden stuff now? I believe those emails were sent from 2011-2018 and part of the investigation that concluded in July 2021. So why wait 3 months and then selectively leak? 

No one really knows why Gruden was the lone leak and why Schefter's bit got leaked as well. 

It has been very random thus far. Maybe the NFL leaked more stuff on Gruden to get him out of there after the first bit got leaked of what he called DeMaurice Smith. That does not explain why the Schefter thing came out though. 

3 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Why did they even release the Gruden stuff now? I believe those emails were sent from 2011-2018 and part of the investigation that concluded in July 2021. So why wait 3 months and then selectively leak? 

The NFL leaked it themselves as a distraction due to heat potentially coming down on Snyder via the recent investigation. Also Gruden took a shot a Goodell. Gruden is just an idiot employee and it was easy to use him as a sacrificial lamb.