Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

36 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Ertz to Arizona. This doesn't move the needle much for me at this point.

https://www.nfl.com/news/eagles-trade-te-zach-ertz-to-cardinals

But it's still solid for the Cards as Williams got his knee blown out last week. Gives Murray a reliable target. Teams will be running a lot of zone against their offense and Ertz has always been good in finding the open spots. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But it's still solid for the Cards as Williams got his knee blown out last week. Gives Murray a reliable target. Teams will be running a lot of zone against their offense and Ertz has always been good in finding the open spots. 

Yeah, definitely not a bad move on their part. I just don't see him as the guy that's going to put up all those big numbers he did a couple years ago, especially in that offense with D-Hop, AJ Green, Christian Kirk, & Rondale Moore. 

10 hours ago, GW21 said:

Yeah, definitely not a bad move on their part. I just don't see him as the guy that's going to put up all those big numbers he did a couple years ago, especially in that offense with D-Hop, AJ Green, Christian Kirk, & Rondale Moore. 

I think you are looking at it too much through the lense of fantasy football. It's not about the numbers he puts up, but he's gonna convert a ton of third downs for them. 

He's an upgrade over what they had at TE. 

Kliem looovvves his brand names 

• Like 1

Sooooo, can we now be honest about Sam Darnold? That he is essentially the same QB he always has been? The first three games were good and all, but in the last three games? 

54% Completion

5.9 YPA

4 TDs

6 INTs

62.9 QB Rating

What do the Panthers do this offseason if Darnold continues this type of play the rest of the season? He does have 5 rushing TDs, but overall he's just not a consistent passer and never has been .

Any chance they get back in the Watson sweepstakes? 

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sooooo, can we now be honest about Sam Darnold? That he is essentially the same QB he always has been? The first three games were good and all, but in the last three games? 

54% Completion

5.9 YPA

4 TDs

6 INTs

62.9 QB Rating

What do the Panthers do this offseason if Darnold continues this type of play the rest of the season? He does have 5 rushing TDs, but overall he's just not a consistent passer and never has been .

Any chance they get back in the Watson sweepstakes? 

I was pretty shocked with what Carolina gave up for him. I would fully expect them to be in on Watson if he's cleared of his legal troubles. Maybe they'd be interested in Jimmy G at a lesser price? I think our best chance to trade Jimmy was this last offseason, but it's possible we still get something for him instead of having to outright cut him.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I was pretty shocked with what Carolina gave up for him. I would fully expect them to be in on Watson if he's cleared of his legal troubles. Maybe they'd be interested in Jimmy G at a lesser price? I think our best chance to trade Jimmy was this last offseason, but it's possible we still get something for him instead of having to outright cut him.  

Nah, don't see this as a destination for Jimmy. They want go big IMO...They will push all their chips in for Wilson or Rodgers or Watson if possible. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, don't see this as a destination for Jimmy. They want go big IMO...They will push all their chips in for Wilson or Rodgers or Watson if possible. 

Agreed - they just got out from under Teddy B., who is in the same sort of tier/cluster as Jimmy G. Can't see them settling for one of those types. 

4 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Agreed - they just got out from under Teddy B., who is in the same sort of tier/cluster as Jimmy G. Can't see them settling for one of those types. 

Rhule likes his QBs to push the ball down the field and take advantage of single coverage match ups. Jimmy does not provide that and neither did Bridgewater. Darnold will push the ball but he's just not very good. 

Panthers have built a nice team with a bunch of talent on both sides of the ball. A really good QB makes them a contender instantly. The draft likely does not have a QB that can take them to the level Rhule wants to take them but potentially three top level QBs will be on the market. This is their time to make a move...They pretty much were ready to give up everything for Stafford but Stafford just did not want to play for them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, they did just trade a bunch of pieces for Sam Darnold lol. I think we really screwed up not trading Jimmy G this offseason. Our options really dried up pretty quick. 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Well, they did just trade a bunch of pieces for Sam Darnold lol. I think we really screwed up not trading Jimmy G this offseason. Our options really dried up pretty quick. 

It wasn't THAT many pieces to be honest. A 2nd and 4th in 2022 and what, a 5th or 6th in 2021? I mean they give up quite a bit but they still have plenty of firepower to make a move for one of the top QBs. They also have a lot of young talent they can throw in a trade. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It wasn't THAT many pieces to be honest. A 2nd and 4th in 2022 and what, a 5th or 6th in 2021? I mean they give up quite a bit but they still have plenty of firepower to make a move for one of the top QBs. They also have a lot of young talent they can throw in a trade. 

I would argue that, for what Sam Darnold had shown, that was a big time over-pay. I do agree with you that they would be all in on Watson if his legal troubles clear up. 

Speaking of Jimmy G's trade value, I just ran across this - Basically someone floating a Jimmy G for Beckham trade: 
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10015210-nfl-trade-rumors-exec-discusses-browns-odell-beckham-jr-for-49ers-jimmy-garoppolo

I don't think I'd be opposed to it. According to Spotrac Beckham is out of guaranteed money after this season. He definitely needs a change of scenery, and there is a history of this regime trying to go after him. I'm not sure how realistic this is, but I would not be opposed to the move.