Jump to content

Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet


Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

  1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

    • Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.


Recommended Posts

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Lmao idk why anyone would hire Jason Garrett as HC. But he is a legit elite clapper.

I'm actually hoping that Ben means that the Giants would hire Myles Garrett as their coach. That would make more sense than Jason 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Lmao idk why anyone would hire Jason Garrett as HC. But he is a legit elite clapper.

Especially a team who saw him up close and personal twice a year for the last decade. But at least the Giants won't stay on that roller coaster for more than a couple years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Especially a team who saw him up close and personal twice a year for the last decade. But at least the Giants won't stay on that roller coaster for more than a couple years. 

They are better off with hiring basically anyone else. I'm surprised Mike McDaniels and or Mike LaFleur aren't getting any consideration with the Giants.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm actually hoping that Ben means that the Giants would hire Myles Garrett as their coach. That would make more sense than Jason 

Hmmm...this raises an interesting question that will probably never be a true possibility: Can a player who is indefinitely suspended retire and become a coach? Or would they still be suspended? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most of the reason to hire someone like Garrett is being affraid of taking a risk. Garrett isn't the worst coach in the league but is the ultimate example of average at best. The same goes with QB's and teams signing mediocre QB's to be their starter. Almost always its better to go with the unproven choice because while the low can be lower you at least have the chance to get something more than average.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Mike Nolan supposedly heading to Dallas to be DC.

Missed this the first time through. Nothing quite says "winning" like signing the entire coaching staff of that brilliant 2005 San Francisco 49ers team. That's definitely the measuring stick I use for all other teams. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I always felt Nolan was a better head coach than he was a defensive coach. Which isn't saying a lot. I believe he lucked out in Baltimore, inheriting one of the best defensive roster of all-time, and basically getting worse statistically in every way over his predecessor. Nolan's defenses with us were all very average. So, if the Cowboys hire him, I'll enjoy watching them being very average.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

Personally, I always felt Nolan was a better head coach than he was a defensive coach. Which isn't saying a lot. I believe he lucked out in Baltimore, inheriting one of the best defensive roster of all-time, and basically getting worse statistically in every way over his predecessor. Nolan's defenses with us were all very average. So, if the Cowboys hire him, I'll enjoy watching them being very average.

I always felt he was a better player evaluator than he was a coach in any capacity lol

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Forge said:

I always felt he was a better player evaluator than he was a coach in any capacity lol

His 05-07 drafts were money and part of the foundation of the Harbaugh years. Smith, Gore, Snyder (as a utility OL anyway), Davis, Walker, Staley, Willis, Brown, McDonald, Goldson,  Haralson, and making that push for Justin Smith. 

After Nolan got demoted/eventually fired our 08+09 drafts were considerably worse with non-impact players like Balmer, Rachal, Coffee, Reggie Smith, & McKillop (i know he was a 5th rounder, but he was hyped up as a steal). 

I think in 08+09 we only got 3-4 impact players, Crabs, Morgan, Boone, maybe RJF if you count him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

In other news Wade Phillips was essentially fired. I'd love for him to coach the defense if Saleh lucks into a head coaching job.

I'm not in favor of another scheme switch. We have the peices that fit the scheme we currently run. If Saleh goes, I'd rather them promote either Ryans or Woods. Or better yet, go out and get a guy like Kris Richards. I'm totally against hiring a guy who's going to have to revamp everything. Our SB window is just now opening. Re-tooling the defense could set us back a year and change...

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Promote from within IF we lose Saleh. Kocurek (sp?) would be my choice. 

Still don't think he will get an offer.

Yea I think teams want to see how he does next year. One good year shouldn't translate into attaining a HC position. I think most teams interviewing him are doing their due diligence but I don't see owners and front-office ppl really looking at him legitimately until after he puts together another solid year where the defense is top 6 at least.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...