Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

On 10/24/2021 at 12:11 PM, GW21 said:

Ja’Marr Chase is ridiculous 

Dude was a PHENOM in LSU as a 19 year old and stood out the most from a stacked team, especially the receiving group. It was hilarious how people tried to talk themselves out of the Chase hype. Jefferson had an ATG rookie season and Chase was clearly on another level in college. Oh yeah, then he was going to be a bust because he was dropping some passes in preseason after not playing at all the year prior SMH. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dude was a PHENOM in LSU as a 19 year old and stood out the most from a stacked team, especially the receiving group. It was hilarious how people tried to talk themselves out of the Chase hype. Jefferson had an ATG rookie season and Chase was clearly on another level in college. Oh yeah, then he was going to be a bust because he was dropping some passes in preseason after not playing at all the year prior SMH. 

No doubt. I never had any doubts that he would be good, but after a year off of football I didn't expect him to come out this hot. This may end up being the best season for a rookie receiver ever. 

So a lot of talk on whether the Browns should pay Mayfield or not...And honestly? I would not. When has paying a middle QB big money worked out? The talent level will start to decline and then what? Mayfield just isn't an upper echelon QB and can't put the team on his back. I would look to trade him and then either draft a QB or sign a veteran QB and continue doing this until they hit on a franchise QB in the draft.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So a lot of talk on whether the Browns should pay Mayfield or not...And honestly? I would not. When has paying a middle QB big money worked out? The talent level will start to decline and then what? Mayfield just isn't an upper echelon QB and can't put the team on his back. I would look to trade him and then either draft a QB or sign a veteran QB and continue doing this until they hit on a franchise QB in the draft.

That'd be a hard contract to stomach if I was a Browns fan. He's way better than anything they've had since they came back to the NFL, but he's not worth 40M/year imo. If they could bring him back closer to 30M then that would be more palatable. If I was the Browns I would be all for Franchising him after his 5th year option and let things play out that way. Last year he was much better than he's been this year and if he could get back to that level then I would at least have the discussion on a long term deal.  

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

He's telling it true. His book flat out says that there was an informal phone call between a high ranking official of the Pats and one of the niners and that was it. It may never have gotten past that point. High ranking Pats official asks if a second is good enough, someone (maybe Paraag, for example) basically says, "nope, we want a first" and there was never any actual negotiation beyond that. 

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

Maybe that'll force Stan to re-sign his Altitude Sports deal with DirecTV and Comcast and stop being such a turd about it so I can watch the Avalanche on TV again. Kroenke also owns the Nuggets and Avalanche among other sports teams for those that are unaware. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

He's telling it true. His book flat out says that there was an informal phone call between a high ranking official of the Pats and one of the niners and that was it. It may never have gotten past that point. High ranking Pats official asks if a second is good enough, someone (maybe Paraag, for example) basically says, "nope, we want a first" and there was never any actual negotiation beyond that. 

Or maybe we asked for a second and the pats said no.

Anyways, I'm sure these informal talks happen 20 times a day. Every time a guy gets waived, someone probably talks to someone else. Even more so when a team has the 3rd pick in the draft and plans to draft a QB.

16 hours ago, rudyZ said:

Or maybe we asked for a second and the pats said no.

He states specifically that the Pats wondered if a second would get it done and that we specifically stated we wouldn't take less than a first (whomever it was that spoke). 

Agreed on the informal talks though. That's why I'm a little surprised that it's that big of a deal. You could say that we had "informal talks" about trading for Rodgers this year. Walsh apparently had "informal talks" about Montana and Elway when the 83 draft came around. As goofy as it sounds, I do envision that NFL teams aren't all that different then guys who are in a fantasy football league together, sometimes lol. They just throw stuff at the wall, shoot the s*** and probably say quite a bit of stuff. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

He states specifically that the Pats wondered if a second would get it done and that we specifically stated we wouldn't take less than a first (whomever it was that spoke). 

Agreed on the informal talks though. That's why I'm a little surprised that it's that big of a deal. You could say that we had "informal talks" about trading for Rodgers this year. Walsh apparently had "informal talks" about Montana and Elway when the 84 draft came around. As goofy as it sounds, I do envision that NFL teams aren't all that different then guys who are in a fantasy football league together, sometimes lol. They just throw stuff at the wall, shoot the s*** and probably say quite a bit of stuff. 

This.

I still say there is no way we turned down a 2nd for Jimmy. Maybe a future second...maybe.

• Like 1