Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think that there should be at least a phone call, but I definitely don't expect it. I think Kyle is dug in and is going to want a big return for him, especially since we have to eat all of his remaining salary for the most part  (for 2021) unless the Saints were to restructure and add on void years.  The rams landing Von is certainly something that could light some fires under the other NFC teams. 

I think Foles still makes by far the most sense for the Saints but I'm hopeful there will at least be a call. 

Foles is a solid shout....I didn't realize Von will be a free agent at season's end. Interesting but the Rams are going all in like they did in 2018 so they probably don't care too much.

I know Payton is a fan of Jimmy's and respects him. I remember watching the SB preview show on ESPN when we played the Chiefs and he was giving him high praise and said he's seen first hand how good he can be.

Payton will also get Jimmy to be more careful with the ball. I don't know how he does it, but dude is truly the QB whisperer in that sense and legitimately in contention to being the best HC in the league. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Foles is a solid shout....I didn't realize Von will be a free agent at season's end. Interesting but the Rams are going all in like they did in 2018 so they probably don't care too much.

I know Payton is a fan of Jimmy's and respects him. I remember watching the SB preview show on ESPN when we played the Chiefs and he was giving him high praise and said he's seen first hand how good he can be.

Payton will also get Jimmy to be more careful with the ball. I don't know how he does it, but dude is truly the QB whisperer in that sense and legitimately in contention to being the best HC in the league. 

I think it's also the very, very best scenario for Jimmy. As @GW21 said, it actually has a chance to extend out past this year as it isn't like the Saints have an entrenched starter moving forward. So he could be there this year and next. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think it's also the very, very best scenario for Jimmy. As @GW21 said, it actually has a chance to extend out past this year as it isn't like the Saints have an entrenched starter moving forward. So he could be there this year and next. 

Yeah, so I think this may be a possibility, especially with Winston possibly missing the start of next season.

Buuut, you know it won't happen because Shanny knows Jimmy is really the only guy that has ever given the team a chance to win every week and will want to make the playoffs to quiet the noise about his record. If he makes the playoffs, he will say "see, with Jimmy I win at a rate high as any coach in the league."

He's also hellbent on not playing Lance until later in the season for some reason. Lynch and all the national reporters are saying they think Lance will start at some point, just not now. Come on now lol...Just because you may have planned for him to play at say week 12, doesn't mean that has to be the case. But yeah, Jimmy will be the starter this season until we are out of the playoff hunt...And that's likely not to happen since we will be in it until the end. 

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

There is certainly some merit to it sometimes lol 

lol 

Von has played 0 snaps for the rams, so it's a complete wash 

... I would be a lot less concerned about one of the best speed/bend edge rushers to ever do it if we had... Idk, Tristan wirfs playing RT for us instead of Mike McStinky 

Just now, N4L said:

Von has played 0 snaps for the rams, so it's a complete wash 

... I would be a lot less concerned about one of the best speed/bend edge rushers to ever do it if we had... Idk, Tristan wirfs playing RT for us instead of Mike McStinky 

Cant Argue GIFs | Tenor

34 minutes ago, N4L said:

Houston fans will riot if Watson starts against them on Sunday 

The rumor was that Miami wasn't interested in doing it until he had the cases settled. Supposedly, Houston got wind that he may actually be close to settling and upped the price lol. 

Not sure if there's any truth to it, but totally hilarious. I believe the assumption is that he will not be dealt until the off season

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

The rumor was that Miami wasn't interested in doing it until he had the cases settled. Supposedly, Houston got wind that he may actually be close to settling and upped the price lol. 

Not sure if there's any truth to it, but totally hilarious. I believe the assumption is that he will not be dealt until the off season

Houston probably pissed that watson is forcing them to only deal with Miami when they would rather do a deal with Philly

Its "bad business" to change a handshake agreement but I understand why houston feels like they need to squeeze as much as they can out of Miami and make sure they are getting Miami's absolute best offer 

Reports are that Steven Ross is pushing pretty hard to make the watson trade. If thats true, Houston trying to use what leverage they have

I have said that a trade was borderline impossible to consummate mid season, but I also think these teams are like two orbiting planets caught in eachother's gravitational pull. Both teams need it to happen and are forced into dealing with the other. Even if it doesnt happen before the deadline, its hard to envision watson getting traded anywhere else at the moment 

Imagine hearing these rumors as one of his victims while you are inching closer to a settlement. I hope their demands double or triple to get this signed before the deadline. Even then, hold out for as much money as you can possibly get

I would also like to take this moment to point out how the 49ers are somehow involved in this weird orbit that MIA and HOU have been engaged in because these teams made a blockbuster trade a few years ago and one of the picks that exchanged hands was the eventual pick we used on Trey Lance. Its possible that if a few things go differently we wouldnt end up with him. tbd if thats a good thing or not lol 

On 10/18/2021 at 11:10 PM, N4L said:

My bet if Von is a FA that he would be a ram. He spends his offseasons in San Francisco and I think he would love to live out west. Not sure if the niners have the money to pay him and bosa in the same off-season. Donald and von on the same DL sounds exactly like the type of move Les Sneed would make. They can't trade for him though without giving up players considering what they gave up in the Stafford and Ramsey deals 

October 18th... smh