Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

I get it... But it kind of sucks watching fields and Mac get better as the season wears on while we are waiting on Lance lol

Don’t worry, we’ll get to watch Lance go through his growing pains next year. In all seriousness, I think the sooner we get Lance going, the better we will look earlier in the season next year. I also don’t think we’d lose any more games with Lance running our offense than we would with Jimmy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Don’t worry, we’ll get to watch Lance go through his growing pains next year. In all seriousness, I think the sooner we get Lance going, the better we will look earlier in the season next year. I also don’t think we’d lose any more games with Lance running our offense than we would with Jimmy.

Same, one of the reasons I was in on just running Lance from the start. 

• Like 1

Like I mentioned yesterday, Shanny wants Lance out there when he knows he will look good and is as ready as he can be....But that is such a flawed logic. He does not want the backlash if Lance struggles....But there is no one that doesn't believe he won't have early struggles. It is hard enough for a rookie QB as it is, but one this young and inexperienced? Of course he will struggle. You just hope he continues to improve and gets the experience necessary for him to make the jump in the offseason. 

If we lose vs the Rams, I think the Jags will be a soft landing spot for Lance and Shanny will officially pull the trigger. That will give Lance about 9 games as the starter for the season. Not too bad tbh. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

It worked so well for Jordan Love too 😂

Right, no guarantee sitting someone for a season will make everything right. Sometimes you just need to fail on the field to get better. 

But luckily the time for Lance is coming very soon…as long as we lose on Monday Night lol. 

Fields ability to throw on the run combined with his speed was why he was who I thought we were going to draft. 

What a great throw. Dude does nothing but dot guys while hes on the run. Would have been such a perfect fit here, schematically.

No way is he starting right now for us though lol  

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 10:02 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Like I mentioned yesterday, Shanny wants Lance out there when he knows he will look good and is as ready as he can be....But that is such a flawed logic. He does not want the backlash if Lance struggles....But there is no one that doesn't believe he won't have early struggles. It is hard enough for a rookie QB as it is, but one this young and inexperienced? Of course he will struggle. You just hope he continues to improve and gets the experience necessary for him to make the jump in the offseason. 

If we lose vs the Rams, I think the Jags will be a soft landing spot for Lance and Shanny will officially pull the trigger. That will give Lance about 9 games as the starter for the season. Not too bad tbh. 

If Lance is as smart as everyone says, and works as hard as everyone says, there's probably nothing more he can learn by not playing at this point.

My plan before the season started was to be very aggressive on offence. Not that I believed Jimmy could be a top 10 QB or anything. But I believed that Kyle could manufacture enough opportunities that we would eventually hit on a few. Then, if we get to a two score lead, at some point in the second half, bring Trey in, even if it's to primarily hand off the ball. Give him a look and a feel, at least. That's what should have happened against Detroit, while we still had a strong lead. Imagine the message it would send to everyone. We are going to roll over you, and bring our rookie QB along at the same time. And the second part of my plan was to not have two entirely different offences for Jimmy and Trey. Make Trey learn Jimmy's offence. Sure, have a few read options in there as well. In fact, some of the plays that are strictly hand-offs for Jimmy should be options for Trey. Don't have designed run-only plays for Trey. That's not what he needs to work on. And in the event of an injury to Jimmy, he steps in and the OL doesn't have to think too much, the route combos don't change. The only thing that changes, perhaps, is the checkdowns. Where Jimmy will have a guy in the flat or need to throw it away, Trey will have himself as a checkdown. Make him learn how to beat zone defences, so that they are forced to play more man coverages, and when they're in man and spread all over the field, take advantage of the open field to run, if need be. There was never a need to implement the QB power run game this year. Incorporate it over the years, as a change of pace, rather than a feature. No need to implement two fundamentally different offences this year. Work with what you have.

This has been botched all year long. I think Kyle outsmarted himself, put the onus on the players to execute, and he was way too conservative. I keep thinking of Andy Reid, and how he was a great coach for 20 years, but always seemed to fall short, until he got Mahommes and became very aggressive, for good reason. I think some of his aggressiveness could have paid off earlier in his career, and he wouldn't have been on the outside of the hall of fame looking in for so long, until he finally won a Superbowl. We made an aggressive move in hiringan aggressive Harbaugh 11 years ago, and it paid off for a time. It couldn't last, because Jim will be Jim. But I truly believe Kyle should be the guy for the long run. I think he'll still be at the top of the offensive game in 15 years. And I'd like it if it was with us. But for that, he needs to take it up a notch. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/10/brian-burns-says-an-apology-would-be-nice-but-mac-jones-declines-to-apologize/

“It would be nice to have an apology,” Burns said. “Mac, it would be nice to have an apology. But it’s not gonna happen.”

Burns was proven right shortly after that when a reporter relayed Burns’ comments to Jones, and Jones declined to apologize.

“I already addressed that situation. I’m just looking forward to playing in this game with the guys we have on our team this week, so we’re already kind of moving forward,” Jones said.

Burns said he’s not concerning himself about whether the NFL fines Jones, but he is wishing good luck to other defensive ends who face Jones this season.

“However the NFL handles it is on them. I would just like to play them again. And I wish all my fellow D-end brothers happy hunting.”

Mac Jones already making enemies lol