Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

I'm not in favor of another scheme switch. We have the peices that fit the scheme we currently run. If Saleh goes, I'd rather them promote either Ryans or Woods. Or better yet, go out and get a guy like Kris Richards. I'm totally against hiring a guy who's going to have to revamp everything. Our SB window is just now opening. Re-tooling the defense could set us back a year and change...

This is true. They would probably promote within house first. At the same time, Wade has run everything. I don't think he'd come in and completely dismantle what had already been working. 

3 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

New York Giants are finalizing a deal to make Patriots’ wide receivers coach Joe Judge their next head coach, league sources tell ESPN. Deal was in the works as of last night, which is another reason Matt Rhule took the Panthers’ HC job.

I was today years old when I learned Joe Judge was a person. So that's pretty neat.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Huge deal but there's no cap space for coaches. Its up to the owner to decide to eat that money if it doesn't work out. That being said, the track record for college coaches is pretty bad. Outside of Jim Harbaugh and Jimmy Johnson in the past, who has succeeded in the NFL? 

Does anyone remember what Shanny's contract was? I know 6 years, but was the $ ever mentioned? 

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

Huge deal but there's no cap space for coaches. Its up to the owner to decide to eat that money if it doesn't work out. That being said, the track record for college coaches is pretty bad. Outside of Jim Harbaugh and Jimmy Johnson in the past, who has succeeded in the NFL? 

Does anyone remember what Shanny's contract was? I know 6 years, but was the $ ever mentioned? 

Honestly depends on what you classify as a college coach but this Bill Walsh guy was pretty succesfull. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly depends on what you classify as a college coach but this Bill Walsh guy was pretty succesfull. 

Forget he coached in college, although he did have 9 years of pro experience by the time he took over the niners. 

Harbs had 14 years playing experience, 2 years NFL coaching experience, and his brother coached the Ravens so i'm sure there was some insight there. And his offenses were more pro-ready i believe? 

Jimmy Johnson was a pure CFB HC and he did great with DAL. 

Were there any other successful college head coaches? Can't think of any off the top of my head

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Forget he coached in college, although he did have 9 years of pro experience by the time he took over the niners. 

Harbs had 14 years playing experience, 2 years NFL coaching experience, and his brother coached the Ravens so i'm sure there was some insight there. And his offenses were more pro-ready i believe? 

Jimmy Johnson was a pure CFB HC and he did great with DAL. 

Were there any other successful college head coaches? Can't think of any off the top of my head

I think its more to do with the fact that being a college HC is a way different thing than being NFL HC. Besides that how many pure college coaches actually get hired.

People are really dogging the Judge hire but I'll take the unknown over a retread more times than not. I remember EVERYONE giving the Ravens a hard time for hiring a little known ST coach from the Eagles. Hasn't looked so bad in hindsight. But there's also examples that fit the other end of the spectrum as well. It is Gettleman but it could actually work out for them.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

People are really dogging the Judge hire but I'll take the unknown over a retread more times than not. I remember EVERYONE giving the Ravens a hard time for hiring a little known ST coach from the Eagles. Hasn't looked so bad in hindsight. But there's also examples that fit the other end of the spectrum as well. It is Gettleman but it could actually work out for them.

Conspiracy theory: Gettleman hired a young coach because it's all the rage right now, he thinks it will buy him more time as the GM to "see his plan through", and because he knows this is his last coaching hire for the Giants. 

12 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

This is true. They would probably promote within house first. At the same time, Wade has run everything. I don't think he'd come in and completely dismantle what had already been working. 

He's a 3-4 guy, through and through. He would definitely change the scheme. He made Aaron Donald a 3-4 DE for crying out loud. I don't see him as the type to suddenly change from what he's been doing for well over a decade...

• Like 2